CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Pukie's Bucket
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Pukie's Bucket Bogus threads, trolls, and other malarkey

Old 01-26-2009, 12:48 PM   #51
Robert D Taylor Jr

Profile:
Re: 100-0 : Your thoughts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Daigle View Post
you forgot the 4 years of college football,

and the 4 years of Track,

and the 22yrs of skiing,

and the 14 years of strength training,

and the 6+ months of CrossFit.
No I didn't

Old 01-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #52
Kevin Daigle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert D Taylor Jr View Post
I think you were just a typical M*******.
yup, i got alot of stars

Old 01-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #53
Kevin Daigle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert D Taylor Jr View Post
No I didn't
so how does your statement make any sense then?

Old 01-26-2009, 12:50 PM   #54
John Casey

Profile:

Quote:

on that side of things, at one point I was in GATE (gifted and talented education) as a kid. They did stuff to challenge kids that were severely bored in a regular classroom with the material. Then they cancelled it, because it wasn't fair to the kids who weren't as smart. awesome attitude.

As a certified HS teacher (I'm currently not teaching), don't get me started on just how "awesome" that attitude is. Things like you just described are extraordinarily frustrating. But that's a different (and highly political) topic altogether.

Old 01-26-2009, 12:54 PM   #55
Kevin Daigle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Casey View Post
As a certified HS teacher (I'm currently not teaching), don't get me started on just how "awesome" that attitude is. Things like you just described are extraordinarily frustrating. But that's a different (and highly political) topic altogether.
amen brother.....my best friend is a HS math teacher and football coach.....I feel his pain.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:00 PM   #56
Ewen Roth

Profile:

Quote:
Let me fill you in on exactly how that process works, because you are clearly devoid of first hand experience.
Apparently you have first hand experience as a poor coach.

Quote:
get some valuable game experience and become better for it.
Repeatedly stealing the ball at 1/2 court and going for an easy layup isn't valuable game experience.

Quote:
If they can, they will run the ball down the court with reckless abandon regardless of what else is going on because they can FINALLY play.
If you have no control over your players or they refuse to listen to your instructions, either you should not be behind the bench, or those players should be sitting on it.

Quote:
your repsonsibility as a coach to coddle the other team is NON-existant in the first place.
I never mentioned coddling anyone. But how about playing some useful basketball?

Defensive strategies: call off the press, play low, zone defense, switch players to positions they don't usually play, try for pass interceptions instead of 1-on-1 steals...

Offensive strategies: everyone must touch the ball once before a shot, every shot from inside the key, from outside the key, every play must include one pass to the low post and back out...

You can switch back in forth between strategies (in this game, more like "drills", in fact), and just like that, you run time off the clock, display and hone some real basketball skills and discipline, things that actually help your players down the line , and win the game 70-5 instead of 100-0. For the life of me, I can't see the downside.

And all this talk about "competitive" this and "elite" that from middling amateurs.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:09 PM   #57
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

what constitutes a life long athlete then?

Old 01-26-2009, 01:10 PM   #58
Kevin Daigle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewen Roth View Post
Apparently you have first hand experience as a poor coach.
you're a moron.....I've been on both sides of that situation multiple times, and I've already delineated how it was handled. Perhaps you should get off your lazy *** and read the rest of the thread where that was written.

Quote:
Repeatedly stealing the ball at 1/2 court and going for an easy layup isn't valuable game experience.
None of us saw this....this is subjective crap that you read somewhere, so stop acting like you were personally accosted by witnessing it.

Quote:
If you have no control over your players or they refuse to listen to your instructions, either you should not be behind the bench, or those players should be sitting on it.
Are you serious? so then what? put the REALLY good players back in? lol....you're a joke dude.

Quote:
I never mentioned coddling anyone. But how about playing some useful basketball?
oh really, brilliant

Quote:
Defensive strategies: call off the press, play low, zone defense, switch players to positions they don't usually play, try for pass interceptions instead of 1-on-1 steals...
you've never coached have you?
Quote:
Offensive strategies: everyone must touch the ball once before a shot, every shot from inside the key, from outside the key, every play must include one pass to the low post and back out...
ok.....so you're solution is basically playing keep-away from the poor kids that are awful at basketball. you have to be kidding me dude.

Quote:
You can switch back in forth between strategies (in this game, more like "drills", in fact), and just like that, you run time off the clock, display and hone some real basketball skills and discipline, things that actually help your players down the line , and win the game 70-5 instead of 100-0. For the life of me, I can't see the downside.

And all this talk about "competitive" this and "elite" that from middling amateurs.
very, very poorly thought out response. I already addressed everything you just mentioned.....you FAILED to read it before posting.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:18 PM   #59
Kevin Daigle

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie J. Skibicki View Post
what constitutes a life long athlete then?
I dunno, but it isn't any of us I guess.

I love how stark naked the division in this thread is. The people who HAVE been there and/or understand the situation that transpired, basically unanimously empathize with the IMPOSSIBLE situation BOTH coaches were in, and the players on the winning team were in.

there is NO WAY they could have come out of that game with a shining halo over their heads in the public eye.

If they played purposely not to score and such then they're belittling the other team. If they did what actually happened they're evil for playing to the best of your ability (as you should).

it was a lose/lose situation in a media sense no matter what course of action was taken.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:22 PM   #60
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

Still, the person who set this game up has not been mentioned. They seriosuly need to due a post mortem and figure out how to keep this from happening again. There is no reason these two school should have played each other.

As a player I would have been upset.