CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 09-12-2005, 10:46 PM   #1
Micah Lundborg

Profile:  
I just thought I'd post a new workout for those vacationing in San Francisco. My wife and I just visited there last weekend. Due to limited time and a full schedule, I knew that getting a workout in was going to be tough. So, I decided to do the next best thing. I made up my own on the trek to the hotel. We were staying atop Nob Hill and had the opportunity to take the cable car, a bus or even a taxi to the hotel. I chose to walk. My wife wasn't too enthused but it didn't necessarily seem like it was going to be too far so she didn't immediately complain. However, it was a little farther than anticipated, the hills were a little larger, and she isn't in the same kind of condition I'm in. Needless to say, I needed to do something to keep her happy. (Sure, I could've gotten the cab but I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm a little frugal and with us being so close at that point, I just couldn't see myself "wasting" money on a cab.) So, I did the next best thing; I offered to carry her. I had my wife wear the backpack and then I had her climb on my back. I dragged the other suitcase. I then carried her up the remaining portion.

Was it a workout? Heck yeah! My back, my legs, and my glutes were on fire! I was sweating like a pig and I was huffing and puffing like the wolf in the Three Little Pigs. The looks I got from the people on the street and on the sidewalks were great too. I know they thought I was crazy. Fortunately, my wife has a good sense of humor and thought it was all very funny.

The worst part was just having to explain to the desk clerk why I was so sweaty while checking in.

Oh well, got the workout in. :happy:

Thanks CrossFit. Couldn't have done it without you!