CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 09-12-2005, 04:57 PM   #1
Charlie Reid

Profile:
I've been working a lot on my gymnastics/bodyweight skills and have worked with pistols a little in the past, but nothing too regimented. Today at the strength and conditioning facility i cranked out 5l/5r grasping a 16kg. KB in front with two hands. After that i decided that today was a good day to get some, so i grabbed the 53lbs. KB and cranked out triples on both legs. God Bless crossfit.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:20 PM   #2
Eric Cimrhanzel

Profile:
Triples with the 1.5pood! You bastard... now I have to play catch-up. I'm only up to singles. :happy:

And it sounds like you have a badass S&C facility if they actually have kettlebells. Ah, but do they have rings, too? Now there's the question of the hour. If so, DON'T LEAVE IT! Or just bring it down here to Texas. Whichever works for you.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:38 PM   #3
Charlie Reid

Profile:
yea they bought a full set of power systems bells a year or so ago, but they just got in some brand new DD Bells. DD Bells are definitely the cadillac of kettlebells, but the Power systems are fine for Oafy football players. The facility here on campus is amazing, although i would like to see a rope set-up, but regardless we still have about 13 platforms and bumper plates, squat racks, med balls up to 75lbs., dumbells and what not. I bring my own rings and paralettes to train with, but that would be cool if they had more.

I'm starting to like these pistols, i'm going to GTG them along with my pull-ups to get my numbers up. My kipping technique has gotten exponentially better, but Ring drills dips/pullups/muscle-ups seem to be my weakest part of the WODs. So i find what is hardest and start diggin'. Maybe i'll attempt a pistol for a single with the 2pood next week, but i wont push it for now. Come over to SD and we'll get crazy!
Old 09-12-2005, 07:31 PM   #4
Russ Greene

Profile:

Your gym sounds awesome, Charlie, and reading your description made me realize that I really, really want a 75 lb. medicine ball. Doing thrusters and overhead squats with it would be very cool. Here at Georgetown people who aren't varsity athletes are screwed. We get no bench, no squat rack, and no barbells. Luckily they're going to open up the fully-stocked varsity weight room a few hours a week. I never thought I would be in a situation where it would be a privilege to use a barbell at a gym.
Old 09-13-2005, 08:48 AM   #5
Charlie Reid

Profile:
75lb. med balls are awesome by the way...i'm looking into making a sandbag soon and training with that. Just in case you were wondering, 75lbs. dont bounce. That's unfortunate that Georgetown is so limited on their equipment, but with your intelligence and ingenuity, i'm sure you can overcome any of those obstacles....just like when rocky trained in russia to beat ivan drago....grab a log and run, chop some wood, whatever.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:33 AM   #6
Russ Greene

Profile:

A few nights ago we had the debut of the 200 lb. "drunken roomate who is unable to walk on his own and needs to get back to the dorm 150 yards away" fireman's carry. If you think doing Fran gets some weird looks, you should have what people thought about me doing that. He hasn't bothered me about why I don't drink much since then either.
Old 09-13-2005, 09:08 PM   #7
Veronica Carpenter

Profile:
Here's a link on pistols if anyone is interested: http://www.powerathletesmag.com/pages/pistols.htm
Old 09-14-2005, 03:53 PM   #8
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
http://www.crossfit.com/discus/messages/29/13973.gif