CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 06-05-2015, 09:04 PM   #1
Omar Mendoza

Profile:
Afilliate Guard

Quick question.

I run a boot camp business within a CrossFit facility.

Is it possible to "piggy back" off of the CF owner's insurance, or do I need my own?

Anybody have any experience with this?

Thanks a million!
Old 06-06-2015, 07:14 AM   #2
John McPherson

Profile:
Re: Afilliate Guard

You need to speak directly to the owner of the CrossFit facility and have them speak with their insurance company. More than likely to ensure you are covered your "Boot Camp Business" will need to be listed as an additionally insured.

The underwriters will have to look at it... some will cover you, some won't...

The CrossFit Risk Retention Group offers individual trainer personal liability policies.

You should be able to have this all solved in a single phone call or email to the insurance company representative.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:21 AM   #3
Steve Serrano

Profile:

Omar, it's best to insure yourself. Industry-wide the annual fee is not too steep for individuals and you never have to rely on someone else's policy that you don't know the details about.

Disclaimer here, I'm a board member of the RRG, but I've also been CF certified since 2005 and an affiliate owner since early 2006.

Research the policies you want, but the most transparent and thorough insurance you can buy today is from the RRG. Humbly offered based on observing our attorneys working their butts off to inform the board and other RRG officers.
Old 06-08-2015, 02:41 PM   #4
Omar Mendoza

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Serrano View Post
Omar, it's best to insure yourself. Industry-wide the annual fee is not too steep for individuals and you never have to rely on someone else's policy that you don't know the details about.

Disclaimer here, I'm a board member of the RRG, but I've also been CF certified since 2005 and an affiliate owner since early 2006.

Research the policies you want, but the most transparent and thorough insurance you can buy today is from the RRG. Humbly offered based on observing our attorneys working their butts off to inform the board and other RRG officers.

Awesome thanks! I'll look into it. This stuff is starting to get serious haha. I started the boot camp to make a little extra cash as opposed to the one on one model. I never did feel comfortable charging people $50+ an hour.

I wonder if anyone else on here has started a "gym" within a gym? Maybe we could bounce some ideas off of each other.
Old 06-10-2015, 05:36 PM   #5
John Lupoli

Profile:

Call Vaughn at Affiliate Guard They are thriving for a resin. He is excellent and I can't recommend him enough. I wouldn't even consider going with anyone else at this point. We are very happy with him.