CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 07-20-2009, 03:58 PM   #1
Courtney Green

Profile:
Courtney's CFFB/Rugby workout log

Alright, so this is my first log. I started regular Crossfit back in April and followed it fairly religiously for a couple of months. Then I slacked off, but have been doing it here and there. I've decided to try out the Crossfit Football routines because it seems to directly relate to rugby. I've been playing some 7's this summer and will continue rugby through the fall and spring. Lots more to come and I have some things I need to improve on. Here's the list as of today, July 20:

Strengths: Overall strength, pushing, tackling (somewhat), straight sprints aren't bad, and overall ability to harass the hell out of people on the field

Weaknesses: endurance, most sprinting is kinda slow right now (or slower than I would like to be). I would like to further improve on tackling and pushing power.

I also have some other overall fitness goals I would like to attain outside of rugby, but I'll try this out first and see if this carries over into any other realm. My only concern is that I will gain weight with this program, but I will try to curb this with my diet. Only one way to find out...
Old 07-20-2009, 04:06 PM   #2
Courtney Green

Profile:
Re: Courtney's CFFB/Rugby workout log

Monday July 20

Strength WOD: 3x5 press (add 5 lbs to last workout)

3x5 @ 65 lbs each set. I didn't have access to the right kind of weights to increase the last set, so I just decreased my recovery time in between sets. Recovery time was not more than 1 minute.

Rest 10 minutes

Main WOD: 5 Rounds for time-

Squat max reps
7 Burpee box jumps 20"

Results: performed max front squats @ 65 lbs/ 7 burpee box jumps 24" (I changed the WOD a bit due to the equipment I had available). Completed 5 Rounds in 12:00.

This was tough! I really enjoyed it though. My knee was once again popping and feeling weird, but it didn't cause any serious pain. Overall, went pretty well, my quads feel shot though.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:11 PM   #3
Tereza Ohley

Profile:

welcome! Rugby is awesome, how long have you been playing?
Old 07-23-2009, 04:48 PM   #4
Courtney Green

Profile:

I started playing back in October '07, but due to deployment, I've been playing off and on since then (mostly off). I started back over the summer and plan on continuing. I'm in the process of helping to get a women's team started up at University of Alabama. Should be fun!

Workouts (or lack thereof) For the Week

Tuesday July 21
-Practice, no WOD. My quads felt extremely sore this day, I'm surprised I was even able to practice at all. And it went surprisingly well considering I was so sore. Oh well, turned out ok.

Wednesday, July 22
Rest. Still sore, definitely need it considering the tourney this weekend.

Thursday, July 23
Practice. Went well, pretty light practice today. Still a bit sore, but much better. I can already see an improvement in endurance and speed. Or at least it takes much less effort to do the same amount of work as before.

Friday, July 24
Rest day.

Saturday, July 25
Tournament in Chattanooga

Sunday, July 26
DEFINITELY rest!
Old 07-30-2009, 01:50 PM   #5
Courtney Green

Profile:

Alright, so I've been bad this week...didn't start workouts until yesterday.

Wednesday, July 29

Fran- 21-15-9 Thrusters, pull-ups

I forgot to set the timer on this one (naturally). I was also doing this with a friend who is just beginning Crossfit and we had to use the same equipment. We alternated the exercises: I started on the pull-up bar, he started on the thrusters, and then we switched. This put a bit of a restriction on the timing. We both finished together in ~7:20 or so. I would like to try this one again by myself though and see what I come up with.

Overall, it felt pretty good, my pull-ups are weak though. I started off strong with them, but by the end of the first round I was pretty much fatigued. I've been neglecting pull-ups the past few weeks though. I need to get on it if I want to meet my goal.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:43 PM   #6
Courtney Green

Profile:

Thursday, July 30

CFFB Strength WOD (from last Friday)

Do 3 Power cleans on the minute, every minute for 12 minutes straight. Do this at 80% of 1RM. For every rep not completed, perform 5 pull-ups at the end of the workout.

-Rx'd Power cleans @ 115 lbs. Did not miss any reps. This was a lot harder than I thought it would be! There were several times I felt as if I just couldn't lift anymore, but somehow brought it out. I felt pretty wiped out after this, but definitely a good solid workout.

CFFB WOD

8 x 50 meter sprints (prescribed at 50 yards, but I chose meters instead)
Rest 45 seconds between each sprint.

-This went ok. My fastest sprint was 8 seconds flat, which I was a bit disappointed with. I know I did the sprint in meters and this is the first time in years I have timed my sprints, but it's still disappointing. Well, I guess I can only go up from here.