CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 03-04-2014, 10:46 AM   #1271
Jordan Derksen

Profile:
Re: Jason's Workout Log

Remember this is a unique workout as well. Tyson is in 117 or something. There's going to be a pile of double under and light power snatch gurus who will mess up the leader board. It was a good call saving your energy and not redoing it. A lot of guys will destroy themselves just trying to be first page on the first workout. Stay well rounded and in the next 4 workouts I totally believe you'll float up there. Shoot, even lucas parker is only two reps ahead of you.

I tweaked my back on back squats yesterday, it's really tight today. Hoping this doesn't mess me up too bad. I shouldn't have gone that high on my first workout back with the squats.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:46 AM   #1272
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Thanks Jordan, too much thinking and leaderboarding. Yeah I saw Tyson and Jeremy Meredith behind me, bizarre. I wonder if he was sick or something. Regardless, I am sure he will pick it up over the next 4 weeks. I am hoping I stay right where I am (+/- 10 spots) on each week and I think I will be close that way. Doesn't matter too much as this year's training and prep has been awesome.

That sucks about your back. Even a week off screws me right up. Apparently I can get out of shape pretty quickly.

So I trained yesterday, just no time to post last night.

A. Squat Snatch Cluster, 1.1.1 - work to a moderate effort set 70KG, which is likely a 3 rep PR. Not huge but the weight felt light. Likely had at least 80 for a single today if I wanted to. Yeah progress.
B. Back Squat @ 20X1, 4 reps @ 80% RM x 3 sets, 3 min completed at 132KG
C. Push Jerk, build to a challenging triple did 80KG for a triple, jumped to 90 and did a crap single so left it at that. These felt akward today.
D. AMRAP in 10 minutes:
50 burpees to 6" OH
30 shoulder to overhead @ 155lb
amrap ring muscle-ups in remaining time
5 MUs total, all singles. I have never felt like that heading to the rings, that was terrible. I left myself two minutes to do the MUs which should have been good for about 10.

Couple notes from today. I am extremely happy with the snatches. They felt great. Squats also felt strong, my kness seem to be feeling better. The PJ felt tight in the front rack. That S2OH killed me. It went 5-5-5-5-3-2-5 and took 5 minutes. The burpees felt good and I finished right around 2:40 without being anywhere near redline. I never warmed up the MUs and should have. Afterwards I went and did an easy set of three. I just was lost coming down and going back up. I did not take my BCAA's before starting and I felt a little lethargic.
Old 03-05-2014, 07:56 PM   #1273
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Back to training tonight. Had a little more spring in my step. I went to the affiliate tonight and stole some class energy.

5 rounds for time:
12 toes to bar
15 box jumps - 24"
4:42, T2B UB for 4 sets last one was 8/4, much improved. BJ were fast and smooth step downs. Which is what I will do in the Open too.Not worth a torn achilles for me.
+
rest as needed
+
EMOM x 10 mins:
1st - 5 power clean @ 185lb - touch n go - completed
2nd - 10 chest to bar - completed, broke last set 6/2/2 as my hands were starting to feel a rip coming on. No need of that right now.

Good session. Really happy with work on T2B and C2B this week. They are getting much better.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:42 PM   #1274
Jason A Smith

Profile:

I trained yesterday forgot to post.

Back Squat @ 20X1, 4 reps @ 80% RM x 3 sets, 3 min - completed at 290#
+
OHS, work to a moderate triple - up to 175#, felt good, easy
+
1 minute Burpees onto 24" box @ high effort x 5 set, 1 min rest - 14/14/15/15/15/ - moved well

Off in a couple hours for my go with 14.2. I have a plan for it so we will see how it shakes out.
Old 03-08-2014, 06:46 PM   #1275
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Well, I had my dance with 14.2

176 reps total

Short of my goal of making it to the second pull ups at 16. Just wasted too much time at the second set of 14 and with the first set at 16 on both the OHS and the pull ups.

Got a nice tear on my left hand to show for it though. I was really hoping C2B would appear a couple weeks later as we have been practicing them the last few weeks and they were getting much better. Oh well, what do you do. This will likely be one of my lower scores so will see where it puts me after weeks two. Hoping to stay inside 100.

That was very tough after the first two rounds the fatigue on the pull ups just kind of sneaks up on you.
Old 03-09-2014, 11:59 AM   #1276
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Nice effort Jason! I think you'll stay pretty high up, easily within 100. The nice thing is that everyone sucks at c2b. I was always good at pull-ups and I remember the one year we had the thruster c2b ladder, that was by far my best placement if I recall correctly because in general most guys aren't good at them so the scores will stay pretty low.

Tyson's score is nuts though. And man, especially with my poor week in the gym this week you have no idea how much I'm missing crossfit right now. I'm thinkin as soon as summer I may be bringing it in again. I at least want to Sn/CJ 250/315 before I start bringing it back in.
Old 03-09-2014, 04:55 PM   #1277
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Thanks Jordan. I hope so. The C2B anything was going to be the one I was thinking would be the worst. If I can stay top 100 with it I will be happy. I know whatever else comes up is much more in my wheelhouse. I needed to finish the second set of OHS on the 16's really. I just slowed down way too much on the C2B. Who knows, maybe a redo tomorrow. Will see where I stand later in the afternoon.

Recovery effort today to get the blood moving.

30 minutes @ 75% effort/moderate:
20 cals Airdyne
10 Hang Power Snatch @ 65lbs
20 cals Airdyne
20 alternating step-ups onto 24"
20 cals Airdyne
30 unanchored sit-ups
4 rounds + 20 cals + 10 HPS + 20 cals + 20 Step ups + 4 cals

Good effort and I was sweaty by the end of it. I did this last week at the "globo" I train at. When I finished a guy came up and asked if I was really tired. I politely explained I likely could have carried on like that for another 30 minutes. He was shocked.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:01 AM   #1278
Jason A Smith

Profile:

So I did mostly hang in there. I gave some very serious thoughts to redoing 14.2, lots of folks did and everyone I know improved their score through a better strategy. Ultimately decided my shoulder wouldn't like it, nor my hands so I will have to live with this one and come back strong for the next three weeks. Rest on Monday, back to training Tuesday night.

A. Squat Snatch Cluster, 1.1.1 - build to a moderate set - 135#, last week I went higher and this week I got bolded on the moderate part. So I took that to mean to go a little lighter
B. Back Squat @ 20X1, 3 reps @ 85% RM x 3 sets, 3 min - completed at 310#
C. Push Press, build to a 5 RM - 185#, I would have to look a long ways to see if this is a PR
D. AMRAP in 10 minutes:
15 box jumps - 24"
10 thrusters @ 115lbs
5 ring muscle-ups
3 rounds + 14 + 4 - moved controlled through all of this. I broke the thrusters 5/5 on purpose to not blow up and redline. MUs went 3/2, 3/2, 2/2/1.

This should be about 4-5 rounds I would think. Very mindful about shoulders and my hand which is still pretty sore.

Edit* - I looked and that was a PR for 5.
Old 03-12-2014, 06:55 PM   #1279
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Woke up this morning and my left shoulder felt a little off. Warmed up and feel better but just a bit sore. Hopefully it is just fine, will have to wait and see. Back at it today at home back in my favourite training facility.

For time:
AD Cals - 50,50,50
Toes to Bar - 10,20,30
11:15 - really happy about this. First two sets of T2B UB, last set broken but quick. 60 T2B and 150 cals on the bike is a good one
+
rest as needed
+
EMOM x 10 mins:
1st - 20 wall balls - 20#
2nd - 12 chest to bar
Completed the WB's, actually skipped second last minute on the C2B. Went UB, 10/2, 6/2/2/2, none, singles.......what a mess

I bought a pair of gloves to potentially save my grip and wore them for the first time tonight. Was good on T2B but I think it blew my grip up a bit. My butterfly C2B needs some work. I think I will video some smaller sets and see if I can't work out the kinks. It became apparent when I watched my video of 14.2 that it needs some work.
Old 03-14-2014, 07:39 PM   #1280
Jason A Smith

Profile:

Rest day yesterday. Needed it too. Back at it tonight.

Back Squat @ 20X1, 3 reps @ 85% RM x 3 sets, 3 min - completed at 140 KG
+
Worked way through
10 DL 135
15 BJ 24"
15 DL 185
15 BJ 24"
20 DL 225
15 BJ 24"
I was done the BJ @ 4:18 or so, too slow. I broke the DL @ 225 into 5's. Won't do that tomorrow just try and hang on as long as I can. I loaded and repped a single at 275# and then one at 315# they felt fine. Did step ups the whole way and likely will tomorrow as well until the last round after 275#

Really hoping to give myself a fair bit of time at 315#, will see what transpires tomorrow. My low back is a little sore tonight but not too bad. I know it will be done after tomorrow for days