CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 07-27-2008, 06:20 PM   #1
Mark Servos

Profile:
Questiuon about Certification in Mesa Arizona

I'm looking to go to the Mesa, Arizona's Level 1 cert which is only available to firefighters. I'm just trying to figure out flights and how much they are going to cost as well as finding a place to stay while I'm there. I wanted to firm this stuff up ASAP so I can book my spot before it sells out.

Can someone tell me the best airport to fly into and some places to crash while I'm there. I would perfer a hotel or motel with a kitchen and don't mind spending some extra money to do so, so that I can prepare my own meals as I would like to keep on the program while I am there and not be forced to eat out.

Thanx in advance
Mark
Old 07-28-2008, 05:34 AM   #2
David Wood

Profile:

Re: Questiuon about Certification in Mesa Arizona

Mark: I can't help much with the hotels (look for various chains with "suites" in their name . . . most are oriented around "longer stays" (work reassignments, etc.), but will take overnights. Examples include: Embassy Suites (expensive), Amerisuites, Homestead Suites (both cheaper) . .

Mesa is a suburb of Phoenix. You want the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport (code: PHX). Most major US airlines serve it.
Old 07-28-2008, 06:12 AM   #3
Mark Servos

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Wood View Post
Mark: I can't help much with the hotels (look for various chains with "suites" in their name . . . most are oriented around "longer stays" (work reassignments, etc.), but will take overnights. Examples include: Embassy Suites (expensive), Amerisuites, Homestead Suites (both cheaper) . .

Mesa is a suburb of Phoenix. You want the Phoenix Sky Harbor Airport (code: PHX). Most major US airlines serve it.

Thanx David!! I'll look into flights today and obviously I'll need a car rental as well. How far out is Mesa from Phoenix? I'll check those hotels out as well.
Old 07-28-2008, 08:42 AM   #4
David Wood

Profile:

Mark: Follow the links from the right side of the main page to this cert. They have a link there to Google maps. Expand the view and you can see exactly where Mesa is in relation to Phoenix, the airport, and the rest of the Google-mapped universe.
Old 07-28-2008, 10:29 AM   #5
Elliot Fuller

Profile:

Mesa is far enough that you don't want to be staying in a hotel near the airport if you're going to be spending 2 days in Mesa. That said, David gave good advice; check out Orbitz and those types of sites for the "Suites" styled hotels. We have tons of them, so you shouldn't have a problem.
Old 07-28-2008, 07:10 PM   #6
Mark Servos

Profile:

thanx fellas!!