CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-24-2011, 09:50 AM   #1
Zach Reed

Profile:
Good All-Purpose Belt

I'd like to get a belt that I can use for both olympic and powerlifting but haven't been able to find a good consensus for a belt that will fit both needs. I've seen a lot of people on this forum recommending the athlete's belt from best belts but wasn't sure if that'd be too bulky for the oly lifts.

On pendlay forums I saw a post from Glenn that said many of his lifters use a basic $20 belt from Valeo, as seen here. (WFS)

I also saw a post in the Catalyst forums saying that the Schiek belt was used by many of their lifters. here (WFS)

Does anyone have experience with using these belts (or another) that works well for both oly and powerlifting? Thanks ahead of time.
Old 07-24-2011, 10:50 AM   #2
Andrew N. Casey

Profile:
Re: Good All-Purpose Belt

i have lifted in every kind of belt out there. in my opinion, the valeo or schiek will do just fine. unless you are wanting to be a world class powerlifter and are using those crushing kind of weight then these belts work just fine. i personally like the contour shape of the schiek, especially when doing deadlifts. and actuall the adjustability on some of the cheaper belts is better because they don't use the buckle system. just don't be upset if you have to replace the cheaper velcro ones once a year. just my $0.02

Last edited by Andrew N. Casey; 07-24-2011 at 10:52 AM.. Reason: spelling / word order / clarification
Old 07-24-2011, 11:38 AM   #3
Anson Castelvecchi

Profile:
Re: Good All-Purpose Belt

I use the Valeo II, it's a great all around belt that's not too restrictive.