CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > In Search of CrossFitters
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In Search of CrossFitters For finding other CrossFitters to CrossFit with

Old 10-14-2008, 01:14 AM   #1
Sarah Scholl

Profile:
Tampa area

My sister lives in Tampa...I just looked up the list of affiliates in the area, and was wondering which one is best! Does anyone have any recommendations? thank you!
Old 10-14-2008, 05:45 AM   #2
David Wood

Profile:

Re: Tampa area

The search function is your friend:

http://board.crossfit.com/showthread...ighlight=tampa ("safe")
Old 10-14-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
Aaron C Bennett

Profile:

Matthew Vassallo has been to all of the area CF Affiliates, and has written reviews of them. I'd ask him for his opinion. I'm in Seffner, but I work out at home and with the other rugby guys. I've never been to the area Affiliates, so I can't give you any opinions of my own. I do know there are a bunch in the area to chose from. Where exactly does she live?
Old 10-14-2008, 08:36 PM   #4
Anonymous 754029

Profile:  

To be honest after something came to light for me I've left the affiliate that I was attending. I now perform CF workouts with more of an emphasis towards SS (thanks everyone) at my Tampa YMCA.

I think Crossfit Revolution is closer to brandon / seffner area.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:36 AM   #5
Marc Tower

Profile:

I dropped in on Eric at CrossFit Revolution a few weeks ago and had a great experience.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:53 PM   #6
Nathan Sobczak

Profile:

Hey Sarah, I run Crossfit Malicious. We have a great group of people that would love for you to join them.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:57 PM   #7
William Tompkins

Profile:

I have a sister who also lives in the Tampa area near oldsmar and clearwater. She is in sales so her schedule varies. Can anyone recommend something in her area?
Old 10-28-2008, 07:28 AM   #8
Anonymous 754029

Profile:  

Oldsmar & Clearwater??? hmm..

It might be a bit of a stretch for her, there's a new affiliate though maybe she could try out "crossfit malicious" but its closer to liek downtown tampa, a solid 20 minutes from her.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:50 PM   #9
Lorie Vance

Profile:

Hi Sarah! I work out with Crossfit Malicious in Tampa...great place! We have all ages high school students, college students, military, non-military, lots of women (we rock!), bankers, lawyers, teachers, fitness trainers, business owners, professionals, etc. Our affiliate also offers morning, after noon, and early evening group sessions with a Saturday workout in the par event for all who want to join. We're planning on starting a crossfit kids group soon as well. We workout hard and have fun...lots of teasing and healthy competition. We would love to have your sister come out and join us one day, we're located in South Tampa, close to Hyde Park and down town. Check out our website at www.crossfitmalicious.com for more info or drop us an e-mail.

Lorie
Old 11-11-2008, 10:46 PM   #10
Sally Bruce

Profile:

Hi Sarah, I remember you from the Albany Challenge! Caleb and I were in Tampa towards the end of Sept. Between the two of us we visited three of the CrossFits. He would probably recommend CrossFit Sparta. I liked the people at CrossFit Unleashed plus it is downtown along Bayshore (outdoors). We both went to CrossFit Revolution in Brandon which is about 10 miles from downtown and both Paul and Eric are nice. The CrossFit is in a Gymnastics facility located on the second floor plus they have a garage and outdoor area. We sent an email to each contact before we visited so they were ready for us. Have fun in sunny Florida.