CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 09-21-2006, 08:23 PM   #61
Frank M Needham

Profile:
This is interesting stuff for sure. Anyone know where to read up on the history, data aquisition, and supporting studies that MD is derived from (other than the author of the referenced material)? Before attempting something like this, and I'm interested enough to do so, I'd like to see lots more info.

Is that a grass fed cow you're eating there Rob? Just checking, looks like a pen raised critter to me?
Old 09-22-2006, 03:20 AM   #62
Kathryn Steen

Profile:
great thread guys! i've cut down to about 30 g carbs for the past 2 days and, much to my suprise, really feel great. no energy dips, even after a stressful call at work and was still able to kick out the 50 c&j wod. i am still a little hungry, so i don't think i quite have my fat levels up to where they need to be. planning one more day of about 30 g and then a carb up day. will be curious to see how it works out.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:12 AM   #63
Scott Kustes

Profile:
Frank, I believe the filename of Robb's picture was "mad cow" or something like that.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:48 PM   #64
Robert Wolf

Profile:
Frank-

Mauro Dipasquale and Charles Poliquin have worked with a boat load of olympic and world champions. Similar to Barrys Sears experience in many ways and that is a pretty good endorsement for me. He has a "Science" section on the site. Give that a Looksy.

Related ot the cow y'all might find this amusing:
http://www.chicoer.com/features/ci_4327731

Hippies!
Old 09-22-2006, 02:07 PM   #65
Dwayne Holloway

Profile:
Robb,
I had a mouthful of TJ greentea when I saw the cow after Kevin asked you what a day looked like for your meals. It came out my nose. Great one! And Jesse, very quick Sir, I love that!

Dwayne
Old 09-22-2006, 02:17 PM   #66
Jesse Woody

Profile:
OK, I'm at the end of day 6 at the uber-low carb level. So far I've done great, with a couple of exceptions:

1. I got sick last week, super-stuffy nose, cough, sneezing etc. I'm not sure if it was some part of the metabolic shift that Di Pasquale talks about, or if my kids just brought something home.

2. I did the smart thing with my sickness and trained like an absolute beast. Pulled 355 on a deadlift with little warm-up (just ramp-up sets from 275) then immediately did 100 pull-ups in 6:54. Sore and sick the next day, I decided it would be a great time to do some Bulgarian-esque O-lift training. I followed that in the evening with some Gymnastics strength skills, then the next day, despite some horrible soreness, I did the 50 C&J workout. Now, surprising enough, I have a severely pulled left bicep tendon...ever heard of under-recovery?

Unfortunately, I've felt so good so far with the reduced carbs that I took it a bit far...I have so much extra energy that I feel I should be working out 5 times a day...perhaps that would work if I didn't do 5 workouts at 110%

I'm also going to tweak my fat composition, up my fish oil, cut back a bit on the saturated fats and start chugging the olive oil to see if I can get rid of some nagging inflammation. The dairy protein is also going to have to go. Rob, do you see anything else off-hand that could help with this that I haven't covered?
Old 09-22-2006, 02:22 PM   #67
Kevin McKay

Profile:
How much lean meat is there on a hippie?
Old 09-22-2006, 02:59 PM   #68
Kevin McKay

Profile:
Hey Rob,

What is your take on fruit intake and fructose? How many pieces of fruit per day are too much?

Thanks
Old 09-22-2006, 03:01 PM   #69
Frank M Needham

Profile:
Thanks Rob, I'll check that out closely.

Anyone know what "PETA" really stands for....?

"People for Eating Tasty Animals"
Old 09-23-2006, 06:27 AM   #70
Scott Kustes

Profile:
So how did the discussion turn out Robb?