CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 10-26-2008, 07:05 PM   #1
Zach Mitchell

Profile:
Dietary Confessions of a Crossfitter

So, CrossFit San Diego has a dry erase board that members can "Confess" their poor eating choices. The affiliate I train at hasn't implemented this yet but I think it is a great idea. I thought I would start a thread where we ALL could guilt trip eachother off the CRACK as Nicole refers to it.

I'll go first. I'm just gonna start with today because there is no sense in be retroactive, nor is there time...

OFFENSE
Sunday October 26th 2008, I, Zachary Joseph Mitchell, ate Cinnabon with a milk chug for breakfast and 2 deep dish sausage slices with one thin slice sausage and diet coke for dinner. All of this preceded by a weekend of fast food and drinking. Oh man do I feel like a giant turd. Gosh darn Breyers Ice Cream thread...I'll have to add Ice Cream...but it's gone now I swear!

THIS WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN BECAUSE:
I went grocery shopping at TJ's tonight and will be making some delicioso recipes I picked up from CrossFit Fire's Nutrition Seminar that they held on Saturday morning.

NEXT!!!!! (like Steve Zahn's character in Strange Wilderness...awesome flick!)

Last edited by Zach Mitchell : 10-26-2008 at 07:17 PM. Reason: gluttony
Old 10-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #2
Steve Liberati

Profile:
Re: Dietary Confessions of a Crossfitter

Posting this publicly is a good first step towards remedial action. The next step is laying the groundwork for a solid plan. But both steps don't mean squat until you START it and FOLLOW it regularly.

PS My stomach hurts just thinking about all that food!
Old 10-26-2008, 07:18 PM   #3
Alberto Velazquez

Profile:

In preparing for the GRE this morning, I ate a big bowl of blueberry instant oatmeal with granola in it with my normal scrambled eggs. Wasn't too pleased with myself but I got a 1280 on the test so I felt great afterwards. I went to a restaurant called La Salsa near my university after the test. I was flying high and figured I'd splurge on a grilled chicken salad. Didn't know it was on a bed of rice but when I found out I didn't care, I just scarfed it all down. Yay higher education!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:52 AM   #4
Andy Gann

Profile:

Well ... this weekend I reached a BW low in the last 15 years of my life (or more) of 195 lbs and I am somehwere around 15 - 17 % Body Fat.

6 Months ago I was 202 @ 22% BF so when I weighed myself on Saturday (on the same scale as 6 months ago) I was elated ...

So, this weekend, to celebrate (I know I'm fooling myself w/ that kind of logic), I ate one Hardee's Chili Chees Thickburger, One Pint of Ben and Jerry's Karamel Sutra, 5 chocolate Chip Cookies, and to finish the weekend off, last night I ate another pint of Ben and Jerry's - this time Oatmeal Cookie Chunk.

Back on track this morning, but man - that oatmeal cookie chunk is GOOD!!
Old 10-27-2008, 06:13 AM   #5
Laura Kurth

Profile:

Yesterday - one scoop of toffee coffee, one scoop of chocolate mousse at Christinas homemade icecream. Couple of handfuls of cape cod potato chips. Half a 6oz package of unsweetened dried mango
Old 10-27-2008, 06:45 AM   #6
Jason David

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Gann View Post
Well ... this weekend I reached a BW low in the last 15 years of my life (or more) of 195 lbs and I am somehwere around 15 - 17 % Body Fat.

6 Months ago I was 202 @ 22% BF so when I weighed myself on Saturday (on the same scale as 6 months ago) I was elated ...

So, this weekend, to celebrate (I know I'm fooling myself w/ that kind of logic), I ate one Hardee's Chili Chees Thickburger, One Pint of Ben and Jerry's Karamel Sutra, 5 chocolate Chip Cookies, and to finish the weekend off, last night I ate another pint of Ben and Jerry's - this time Oatmeal Cookie Chunk.

Back on track this morning, but man - that oatmeal cookie chunk is GOOD!!
I'm not familiar with their work...please provide more detail. Is it chili with beans? or like hot dog chili? liquid cheese or just melted slice of good ol' processed american??
Old 10-27-2008, 06:55 AM   #7
Alicia Michel

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura Kurth View Post
Half a 6oz package of unsweetened dried mango
OOoooH yum!
Old 10-27-2008, 07:12 AM   #8
Laura Kurth

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alicia Zhuang View Post
OOoooH yum!
that stuff is like crack! there is a reason I don't eat dried fruit on a daily basis...
Old 10-27-2008, 07:38 AM   #9
Casey Raiford

Profile:

Yesterday. Bob Evans. Subbed french fries with gravy. It was greasy starchy goodness, yes it was.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:47 AM   #10
Andy Gann

Profile:

Quote:
I'm not familiar with their work...please provide more detail. Is it chili with beans? or like hot dog chili? liquid cheese or just melted slice of good ol' processed american??
It was the 'hot dog' style chili - not chili w/ beans. And the cheese was (at least I hope) two slices of american cheese that had melted into a stream of ooey gooey chilicheese goodness.

I had them add lettuce and tomotoes which, when combined with the chilicheese and the 1/2 lb grain fed beef patty, made it a near disaster to the jeans I was wearing (i was sitting in my car in the parking lot of my church before band practice).