CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 07-25-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
Joe Fortenberry

Profile:
Best Vibram FiveFingers for CF

I know everyone will have an opinion about which model of Five Fingers is their favorite. I tried some on today and I'm more excited to really get after it in them than when I first saw/read about them. I tried on the Classics and Sprints and I like how the Sprints feel a little more secure on my feet. I've heard some mixed reviews about the straps and just wondering if anyone who has put in some time with them can share their opinion. I'm open to all opinions of Classic vs. Sprint vs. KSO. Thanks in advance all.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:19 PM   #2
Thomas Covington

Profile:
Re: Best Vibram FiveFingers for CF

I have only worn the Sprints but I used them for every non-running & no box jump workout and have so for 8 months now. The strap has never caused me a bit of grief, and I wear them a little tighter than a finger's width of looseness.

I absolutely love them for heavy lifts; I have made good gains in my maxes and I believe the extra feeling making me pay more attention to my footwork and stance has helped this.
Old 07-25-2009, 05:40 PM   #3
William Jackson

Profile:

my gym does not allow me to work out in VFF so i dont know which is better for performance but...
i own sprints and KSO's and in my opinion the KSO;s are a better product. all the straps on the sprints get aggravating at times and the top strap irritated my feet at first. they are also uncomfortable in the rower because you suddenly have two staps rubbing the top of your foot. the kso just has one, effective strap and to me they are easier to put on.
my vote goes to the KSO's
Old 07-25-2009, 06:00 PM   #4
Rene Forestier

Profile:

I have worn the KSOs for about 8 months and the Classics for about 3 months. I WAY prefer the KSOs...they feel much more secure. I've worn them for pretty much everything (ie. metcons, ME, 5Ks) and love them. I have also been using my Chuck's recently for a change.
Old 07-26-2009, 05:34 AM   #5
Joe Fortenberry

Profile:

yea, i've been using my Chuck Taylors for just about every workout and wanted to try something new with the VFF. so far it sounds like the KSOs may be a little bit more a favorite compared to the Sprints. I may have to go back and try on the KSO now.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:59 AM   #6
Noah Martin

Profile:

Another vote for the KSO's.

I tried the KSO's and classics and sent back the classics. The KSO's just seem to fit better, stay on better and wear better.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:07 AM   #7
Max Lambert

Profile:

I love my sprints

I too use them for ever non running and box jump workout. I also hike in these things and think they're awesome.

I'm sure KSO's are good too, I just haven't tried them. For Crossfit, I would stick to a more secure VFF like KSO and Sprint vs the Classic
Old 07-26-2009, 07:16 AM   #8
Jason Ashman

Profile:

Another vote for the KSOs.

I've had mine for almost 2 years, and am currently on my second pair.

My gym is liberal enough to let me wear them for workouts- one of the trainers even asked for info on where to get a pair- and I wear them for just about all my workouts.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:32 AM   #9
Joe Fortenberry

Profile:

KSOs are sounding better and better... I will have to go today and see what colors my local store has in stock in my size... Thanks guys, keep the reviews coming.

Thomas, that's good to hear about the heavy lifts since I'm about to shift/supplement my CrossFitting to incorporate more powerlifting movements.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:41 PM   #10
Quinn Walkley

Profile:

I have only used the sprints and I don't have a problem with the straps so I am not sure what some people are talking about in regards to that. I use them for running, box jumps, and pretty much anything. The only problem that I had was a week ago when I was doing a long row and had some cuts on the top my feet from the strap of the rower. I also have a pair of classics that I haven't used but they were only $40.