CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 03-23-2005, 11:39 AM   #1
Will Cipes

Profile:  
My little brother, an avid Mtn Biker, came down from NorCal with 7 lbs of muscle he picked up in the last 3 months. Needless to say, I've decided to dump my standard workout routine in favor of crossfit.

I live a small apartment in the Hollwood area(so a garage gym is out), and its difficult to do crossfit circuits at my current fitness facility (read: "poser gym").

Does anyone know of a more cross-fit friendly facility in my area? I know there is Petranek fitness in Santa Monica, but if you know LA traffic this might as well be in a different time zone. Thanks.
Old 03-23-2005, 03:49 PM   #2
Michael Nobori

Profile:
Will --

I live in West Hollywood, but I do most of my WOD at home (apt). I am probably going to join Eastman Gym on Beverly several blocks east of Fairfax on the north side of the street. It was recommended to me by a (non-Crossfit) friend and also by a fellow Crossfit junkie who is a member. It seems like the gym doesn't have a problem with WOD exercises and usually isn't too crowded. Like I say, I haven't been there yet myself, but it seems imminent. Hit me up via e-mail if you want to check it out and maybe they'll give us a deal if we join at the same time. Good luck.

Mike
Old 03-23-2005, 05:49 PM   #3
Lynne Pitts

Profile:
Will,
Community is the best place for the "CrossFit Dating Service" :happy: so off this goes...
Old 03-23-2005, 06:21 PM   #4
Lincoln Brigham

Profile:
Apparently West Hollywood is only about 10 miles from Petranek Fitness in Santa Monica
Old 03-23-2005, 07:47 PM   #5
Beth Moscov

Profile:
Will - did you see the parallel thread about Los Angeles crossfitters? There is a bunch in Pasadena it seems as well as Petranek. And probably others too.
Old 03-24-2005, 10:27 AM   #6
Will Cipes

Profile:  
Lincoln - since I work out during rush hour, that 10 miles could easily take an hour. Hurray for Los Angeles