CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 09-30-2006, 08:02 PM   #1
Lori Vescio

Profile:
but I'm pretty thrilled.

Prior to starting Crossfit, I had been trying to perform an L-sit from the ground during my yoga practice. Not only was an L-sit impossible, but I couldn't even tuck my legs and pick my butt up off the floor. (That's the "easy" version. The really intense yogis can tuck, rock through and float gracefully back into a push up position ~ it's really beautiful to watch.) After trying on and off for a few years, I gave up.

Since starting CF, I've been practicing Hollow Rock and L-sits with my yoga blocks. Though I have a long way to go with both exercises, I can now pick myself up into a solid 5 second L-sit from the floor. *does happy dance* I didn't think I'd EVER be able to get my lower body off the floor. I'd watch my yoga teachers do it, I'd watch yogis on my DVDs do it, and I'd think, "Oh please...that's not gonna happen."

And yet here I am. Granted my eyes are crossed, and the veins in my neck are bulging, but darnit...I have achieved lift off! :banana:

(Message edited by sillyyogini on September 30, 2006)
Old 09-30-2006, 08:25 PM   #2
Lori Vescio

Profile:
Just for fun, here's that move I was trying to describe, along with some cool arm balances. (I hope to get Scorpion ~ where he goes from Handstand to feet curled towards head ~ someday.)

GreenYogi
Old 09-30-2006, 08:58 PM   #3
Jeff Dale

Profile:
Very nice! Achievements like that keep us motivated. Hopefully it adds more fuel to your fire and desire for more results. Get some!