CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2014, 08:43 PM   #1
Marshall Flagg
Member Marshall Flagg is offline
 
Marshall Flagg's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardnerville  NV
Posts: 374
Get RX'd GHD Came Today

Ten days after ordering, my Get RX'd GHD came today. I don't foresee any issues with it. It is plenty solid and very adjustable.

Assembly took about a casual hour with a few minutes to go get the Chihuahua who decided to go walkabout. A pair of 17 and 14mm wrenches needed. I did not bother with the air tools but assembly woulda been faster with the air ratchet. Even without instructions, assembly would be easy.

I looked at a bunch of GHDs and naturally, Rogue was way up on my list but the Get RX'd was less $$ and had a couple more features

For those interested, it is made in China. Considering the Chinese produce barbells and bumpers I'd sell a kidney for, I'm not too concerned about the hecho in China tag.

I did not really give it a major workout today. I did learn I really need the thing since my glute ham raises need major work.

When the money tree blooms again, a reverse hyper will join the GHD

If anyone wants any specific photos of the thing, let me know.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps71a6a25f.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...psff574e3c.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...psa2ed7223.jpg
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:00 AM   #2
Mike Lian
Member Mike Lian is offline
 
Mike Lian's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Katy  TX
Posts: 102
Re: Get RX'd GHD Came Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Flagg View Post
Ten days after ordering, my Get RX'd GHD came today. I don't foresee any issues with it. It is plenty solid and very adjustable.

Assembly took about a casual hour with a few minutes to go get the Chihuahua who decided to go walkabout. A pair of 17 and 14mm wrenches needed. I did not bother with the air tools but assembly woulda been faster with the air ratchet. Even without instructions, assembly would be easy.

I looked at a bunch of GHDs and naturally, Rogue was way up on my list but the Get RX'd was less $$ and had a couple more features

For those interested, it is made in China. Considering the Chinese produce barbells and bumpers I'd sell a kidney for, I'm not too concerned about the hecho in China tag.

I did not really give it a major workout today. I did learn I really need the thing since my glute ham raises need major work.

When the money tree blooms again, a reverse hyper will join the GHD

If anyone wants any specific photos of the thing, let me know.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...ps71a6a25f.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...psff574e3c.jpg

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/c...psa2ed7223.jpg
Hey Marshall!

very much for the review. We designed/built the GHD based on feedback from our customers and this board. It is one of our most popular items because of its easy adjustability, easy step in and out, and sturdiness.
If interested, check out the thread here: http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=79005 (WFS)

I also saw you guys got some slam balls! How are those doing? We recently added sizes up to 150LBs (just in case you need to go heavier) ; )

Keep us posted on what you think of the equipment and thanks for your business!
__________________
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
www.GetRXd.com / Michael@GetRXd.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 07:18 PM   #3
Marshall Flagg
Member Marshall Flagg is offline
 
Marshall Flagg's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardnerville  NV
Posts: 374
Re: Get RX'd GHD Came Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lian View Post
Hey Marshall!

very much for the review. We designed/built the GHD based on feedback from our customers and this board. It is one of our most popular items because of its easy adjustability, easy step in and out, and sturdiness.
If interested, check out the thread here: http://www.board.crossfit.com/showthread.php?t=79005 (WFS)

I also saw you guys got some slam balls! How are those doing? We recently added sizes up to 150LBs (just in case you need to go heavier) ; )

Keep us posted on what you think of the equipment and thanks for your business!
Slam balls are good to go. Mostly I use em for russian twists and stuff like that. In my CF career, slam balls have never been something I used. I do enjoy the occasional slam sesh but my conditioning these days is loading plates on a bar and chasing the occasional bad guy.

I aboslutely fell in love with the 150# balls at the Games a couple years ago and wanted to buy one but even the used ones were $$$. I made one that weighed about 100# but it exploded. I would love to have a big bugger like that someday

Re: your med balls, how do they compare to Dynamax? My wife texted me a while ago and said she wanted to get a couple med balls this weekend as we are slowly outfitting out garage gym and like to pick up the smaller items occasionally when the paychecks are fat.

marsh
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:23 PM   #4
Tate Dimech
Member Tate Dimech is offline
 
Tate Dimech's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sydney  Australia
Posts: 217
Re: Get RX'd GHD Came Today

Are you Australian by any chance?
__________________
My garage gym (WFS)
My training log (WFS)
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:45 PM   #5
Marshall Flagg
Member Marshall Flagg is offline
 
Marshall Flagg's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardnerville  NV
Posts: 374
Re: Get RX'd GHD Came Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate Dimech View Post
Are you Australian by any chance?
No. I have a very good friend who is Australian though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 08:49 PM   #6
Tate Dimech
Member Tate Dimech is offline
 
Tate Dimech's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sydney  Australia
Posts: 217
Re: Get RX'd GHD Came Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Flagg View Post
No. I have a very good friend who is Australian though.
Every time I see you post on the boards I think to ask you because some of the things you say are really Aussie!
__________________
My garage gym (WFS)
My training log (WFS)
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 09:11 PM   #7
Marshall Flagg
Member Marshall Flagg is offline
 
Marshall Flagg's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Gardnerville  NV
Posts: 374
Re: Get RX'd GHD Came Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tate Dimech View Post
Every time I see you post on the boards I think to ask you because some of the things you say are really Aussie!
Ah. No worries
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 06:59 PM   #8
Tate Dimech
Member Tate Dimech is offline
 
Tate Dimech's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sydney  Australia
Posts: 217
Re: Get RX'd GHD Came Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Flagg View Post
Ah. No worries
Playing funny buggers I see. Keep posting up about your gym mate it's awesome!
__________________
My garage gym (WFS)
My training log (WFS)
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Today's WOD Jona Fox Workout of the Day 2 01-23-2012 01:11 PM
Today's WOD Patrick Lammert Workout of the Day 4 07-02-2008 04:43 AM
Today's WOD (08 OCT 07) Todd Richards Workout of the Day 12 10-09-2007 01:25 PM
Today's WOD Michael Bruno Workout of the Day 7 03-23-2007 04:10 PM
Help....Cant do some today's WOD Florsie Amaral Workout of the Day 2 02-02-2007 10:04 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.