CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 10-29-2013, 08:21 AM   #1
Nicholas Wheeler

Profile:
Question about Again Faster Bars - Chime in if you have one

Sent this email to Again Faster, never got a response (odd, considering Jon is pretty good about answering on here) to the following

Quote:
Originally Posted by My email to AF
On this page - https://www.againfaster.com/shop/bar...barbell-black/ - the 15kg bar has a yellow end cap, and the 20kg bar has a blue end cap. At some point in the future I plan on buying one of each (at the same time) if I asked really really nicely, would you be willing to swap the end cap colors? So the 20kg end cap was yellow and the 15kg was blue? It just so happens those colors correspond with the favorite colors of the people that will primarily be using them and it would be greatly appreciated.
Now, with that said, barring they don't answer, does anyone have this bar and can confirm/deny that the end caps can be taken off? If so, I'll switch them myself.

Link above is WFS

Last edited by Nicholas Wheeler : 10-29-2013 at 08:22 AM. Reason: WFS'ing link
Old 10-29-2013, 09:34 AM   #2
Anjali Patwari

Profile:
Re: Question about Again Faster Bars - Chime in if you have one

I do not have one of the AF bars, but I can say with 99% confidence that they can be switched. You just need some snap ring pliers and it can be done in under a minute (depending on your skill with those pliers).
Old 10-29-2013, 11:16 AM   #3
Adam Molnar

Profile:

I have AF all black barbell. I have never tried to take it apart, but pretty sure the end cap can be changed after the snap ring removed. You will need pliers and will work your grip for sure.

I saw a video somewhere how to do that. but search youtube for "barbell snap ring removal" and you will find instructions.

Last edited by Adam Molnar : 10-29-2013 at 11:18 AM.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #4
Bryan Kemper

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholas Wheeler View Post
Sent this email to Again Faster, never got a response (odd, considering Jon is pretty good about answering on here) to the following

Now, with that said, barring they don't answer, does anyone have this bar and can confirm/deny that the end caps can be taken off? If so, I'll switch them myself.

Link above is WFS
Do you know why they used blue and yellow on these bars? In weightlifting competitions blue is for 20 kg plates and yellow is for 15 kg plates, hence 20 & 15 kg bars would be best identified by blue and yellow endcaps. If you were to switch them just because the colors looked prettier, it would be hard to take weightlifting seriously in your facility and be just plain confusing.
Old 10-29-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
Nicholas Wheeler

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan Kemper View Post
Do you know why they used blue and yellow on these bars? In weightlifting competitions blue is for 20 kg plates and yellow is for 15 kg plates, hence 20 & 15 kg bars would be best identified by blue and yellow endcaps. If you were to switch them just because the colors looked prettier, it would be hard to take weightlifting seriously in your facility and be just plain confusing.
While I understand what you are saying - my "facility" is my garage, it's about me and 3-4 buddies that workout, I don't see any weightlifting that is so serious the endcap will bother someone.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #6
Rory McKee

Profile:

I have a 20kg and it is behind a snap ring but if its glued or anything beyond that im not sure
Old 10-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #7
Anjali Patwari

Profile:

It is most likely either a sticker or printed directly onto a metal end-cap - either way you will just switch the end caps.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:15 PM   #8
Jeremy Schultz

Profile:

Just FYI - and I don't know if this is true with AF or not - but Pendlay's end caps say that if they are removed, the lifetime warranty is voided. AF has the same warranty (or close to the same warranty), so this my be a consideration. I know that, for me, the end cap color is certainly not worth losing the warranty.
Old 10-30-2013, 02:48 PM   #9
Nicholas Wheeler

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Schultz View Post
Just FYI - and I don't know if this is true with AF or not - but Pendlay's end caps say that if they are removed, the lifetime warranty is voided. AF has the same warranty (or close to the same warranty), so this my be a consideration. I know that, for me, the end cap color is certainly not worth losing the warranty.
Fair enough, I'll definitely voice it with them before I buy it. Yes it's a minor detail, but you are right, absolutely not worth voiding the warranty.
Old 10-31-2013, 12:56 PM   #10
Jon Hanover

Profile:

Why does this seem so silly to me....