CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 11-20-2013, 02:51 AM   #1
Bassiru Kamara

Profile:
Question Reebok Lifter Plus or Romaleos 2?

I'm really leanong towards getting the Lifter Plus'. I want a shoe that I can effectively perform my Olympic lifts, and use when a WOD mixes in Olympic lifts and box jumps, double unders, etc. My coach advises that I get the Romaleos. One reason being that the guys at Outlaw hold them high and mighty and another reason being that he says Reebok makes crappy equipment. I have a pair of Nano 3.0's and I love them. I've been told that since I have the Nanos I should get a pure olympic lifting shoe because I already have a shoe to do my WODs in. I've tried the Romaleos and they're extremely heavy and uncomfortable, but it's hard to go against what your coach advises..
Old 11-20-2013, 04:34 AM   #2
Jeff Enge

Profile:
Re: Reebok Lifter Plus or Romaleos 2?

If you really really really insist of having a lifting shoes to also do non-lifting shoes things in, get the Reeboks. Romaleos are made for lifting, and yes, they are better designed for that, but the shoes are not made to handle the flexing from plyos, dubs, running, etc. Its not a question of whether it feels ok to do these, it is a question of risking the integrity of your 200 dollar shoes doing sonething they arent designed for.

Also if you look, there is a thread just a few down asking literally the exact same question.