CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2014, 07:29 AM   #81
Jayme Gruber

Profile:
Re: AtLarge Nutrition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
I'm hoping the end of this month or the beginning of February. It is going to have betaine and glycerin.
So, no HMB?

Can you go into any detail as to why you scrapped that and what benefits these ingredients have that make it superior to the previous blend?

Old 01-09-2014, 10:20 AM   #82
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayme Gruber View Post
So, no HMB?

Can you go into any detail as to why you scrapped that and what benefits these ingredients have that make it superior to the previous blend?
Well, first, it is a very expensive ingredient and when I experimented with adding the two new ingredients I saw better results. I would not say the benefits of the new product are different in nature, they are different in degree. In other words, I think you will see more of what you got from RESULTS with the new formula.

Old 01-09-2014, 10:21 AM   #83
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clint Harris View Post
Chris, how about Nitrean+ Black Van ? Site says in the next 7 days ... but I don't know what that was posted I'm assuming pretty recent as I think I checked a week or two ago.
Yeah, it looks like mid to late next week.

I also have got word on ETS and the new BCAA+ flavors. Both should be in about 2 weeks so I will put them live for pre-order.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:58 AM   #84
Andrew Scheid

Profile:

Quote:
Well, first, it is a very expensive ingredient and when I experimented with adding the two new ingredients I saw better results. I would not say the benefits of the new product are different in nature, they are different in degree. In other words, I think you will see more of what you got from RESULTS with the new formula.
Chris, I'm sure you've answered this a thousand times, but what are the benefits of the other ingredients vs. using just creatine?

Old 01-10-2014, 08:56 AM   #85
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Scheid View Post
Chris, I'm sure you've answered this a thousand times, but what are the benefits of the other ingredients vs. using just creatine?
Well, Beta-Alanine seems to have an additive effect when combined with creatine. In addition, it has different effects via different pathways. Creatine is better for lean muscle mass and absolute strength. Beta-Alanine more for strength endurance. Betaine has very similar effects to Beta-Alanine and glycerin is quite interesting in that is seems to volumize cells and most definitely helps with a pump when training. Yes, I know that a pump per se is definitely no indicator of a good session, but there is something to be said for it in terms of stimulating hypertrophy and bodybuilders have know that for years.

Old 01-11-2014, 08:54 AM   #86
Chris Mason

Profile:

Ok, I have had many people asking and I finally have dates, so here it goes with pre-order for the new RESULTS, new BCAA+ (two new flavors), and ETS is back also with new stock hitting the shelves in the next two weeks. All are live on the site for pre-order.

Old 01-11-2014, 10:10 AM   #87
William Miller

Profile:

Chris, I am primarily interested in help with recovery, strength (indifferent if this comes with size increase or not), and fat loss. I generally eat a meal (with protein) within 30 minutes after my workout so I generally don't use protein powders.

At one time you suggested the RESULTS was the way to go. Is that still true or would other product(s) such as Creatine500 and/or BCAA+ be more effective?

Old 01-11-2014, 11:07 AM   #88
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Miller View Post
Chris, I am primarily interested in help with recovery, strength (indifferent if this comes with size increase or not), and fat loss. I generally eat a meal (with protein) within 30 minutes after my workout so I generally don't use protein powders.

At one time you suggested the RESULTS was the way to go. Is that still true or would other product(s) such as Creatine500 and/or BCAA+ be more effective?
I still love RESULTS for the purposes you note, but I would also recommend ETS to go along with it.

Chris

Old 01-11-2014, 12:08 PM   #89
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Quote:
Ok, I have had many people asking and I finally have dates, so here it goes with pre-order for the new RESULTS, new BCAA+ (two new flavors), and ETS is back also with new stock hitting the shelves in the next two weeks. All are live on the site for pre-order.
Do all of these still come with a free container of rhabdo?

- Mark

Old 01-11-2014, 01:06 PM   #90
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
Do all of these still come with a free container of rhabdo?

- Mark
But of course .

Closed Thread