CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2013, 12:50 AM   #31
William Garrett

Profile:
Re: AtLarge Nutrition

Just a plug for their pre-workout

I have used Cellucore C4 for a while now, and have always had good results. Just recieved my goods while deployed from ALN. Results, Preworkout, and ETS. Still awaiting the protein release/shipment.

The Pre-workout, I didnt notice the tingles like the c4, and others I have taken. However I did notice a level of focus/energy that seemed rather untapped that I had been missing for a while. With other pre-workouts that level seemed to dump off rather quicker. Definitely a winner in my book.

I have only been taking the Results for 4 days now, I may of got some of the last batch, so far so good. However, I may go with the regular creatine if I continue use, 1st time I have taken creatine in over 10 years.

I have cranked out a new 3 rep Backsquat yesterday, and put in some killer work despite the deployed location/hours.

More to come.....

My training program is Wendler 5/3/1 & with accesory lifts mixed into 8-10 min metcons.
M/35/5'10@190lbs/L1 -- Squat 420, FS 325, DL 520, Press 215, Bench 315, 5k Row 19:30

Last edited by William Garrett : 10-24-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Old 10-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #32
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by William Garrett View Post
Just a plug for their pre-workout

I have used Cellucore C4 for a while now, and have always had good results. Just recieved my goods while deployed from ALN. Results, Preworkout, and ETS. Still awaiting the protein release/shipment.

The Pre-workout, I didnt notice the tingles like the c4, and others I have taken. However I did notice a level of focus/energy that seemed rather untapped that I had been missing for a while. With other pre-workouts that level seemed to dump off rather quicker. Definitely a winner in my book.

I have only been taking the Results for 4 days now, I may of got some of the last batch, so far so good. However, I may go with the regular creatine if I continue use, 1st time I have taken creatine in over 10 years.

I have cranked out a new 3 rep Backsquat yesterday, and put in some killer work despite the deployed location/hours.

More to come.....

My training program is Wendler 5/3/1 & with accesory lifts mixed into 8-10 min metcons.
That's awesome, thank you!

Old 10-24-2013, 06:49 PM   #33
Chris Mason

Profile:

Oh, and FYI, just waiting for a microbe test on the Nitrean+ BLACK Series and then it will ship!

Old 10-29-2013, 07:23 PM   #34
Matt Mancini

Profile:

Hey Chris,

I have been doing crossfit for about 16 months now and have never really taken any supplements.

I was taking Muscle Pharm assault about 6 months ago and liked it and noticed some gains and improvements in my training. The problem is that I take Vyvanse 70 mg everyday and have been for years. I started to notice a little reaction with the stimulants and the Vyvanse that I didn't like (heart palpitations) and my doctor recommended that I stop drinking caffeine all together.

I was looking to try some new supplements (start taking creatine again and some BCAAs+, I also know that beta-alanine and glutamine are beneficial ). I am 5'8" and weigh 195 and have started trying to lose weight again because I think it would be beneficial to me and especially my gymnastics movements to get down to around 180-175.

I was wondering what you would suggest for me and also if results would be counterintuitive to me because of all the sugar. I'm looking for a pre and post workout supplement regimen that would help me increase strength, gain lean muscle, without having the effects of stimulants.

Old 11-01-2013, 08:05 PM   #35
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Mancini View Post
Hey Chris,

I have been doing crossfit for about 16 months now and have never really taken any supplements.

I was taking Muscle Pharm assault about 6 months ago and liked it and noticed some gains and improvements in my training. The problem is that I take Vyvanse 70 mg everyday and have been for years. I started to notice a little reaction with the stimulants and the Vyvanse that I didn't like (heart palpitations) and my doctor recommended that I stop drinking caffeine all together.

I was looking to try some new supplements (start taking creatine again and some BCAAs+, I also know that beta-alanine and glutamine are beneficial ). I am 5'8" and weigh 195 and have started trying to lose weight again because I think it would be beneficial to me and especially my gymnastics movements to get down to around 180-175.

I was wondering what you would suggest for me and also if results would be counterintuitive to me because of all the sugar. I'm looking for a pre and post workout supplement regimen that would help me increase strength, gain lean muscle, without having the effects of stimulants.
Ok, go with the following regimen:

Nitrean+ BLACK Series - 1.5 scoops in the liquid of your choice post-workout
Creatine 500 - 5g daily 7 days per week - timing is not particularly important
BCAA+ - one serving about 40 min. prior to training

Old 11-01-2013, 08:06 PM   #36
Chris Mason

Profile:

FYI the Nitrean+ BLACK Series is FINALLY live and will begin shipping Monday!!!

Old 11-06-2013, 10:27 AM   #37
Andrew Bell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Mason View Post
FYI the Nitrean+ BLACK Series is FINALLY live and will begin shipping Monday!!!
That's great news. About to have the need for a new tub. Hope this stuff tastes as good as the last stuff.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:00 PM   #38
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Bell View Post
That's great news. About to have the need for a new tub. Hope this stuff tastes as good as the last stuff.
I think it is excellent. The flavor is very similar to our original Nitrean which won several flavoring awards.

Old 11-07-2013, 08:32 PM   #39
Brian Sadowski

Profile:

Chris will there be a coffee flavored Nitrean+ Black in the future?

Old 11-07-2013, 09:34 PM   #40
Chris Mason

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Sadowski View Post
Chris will there be a coffee flavored Nitrean+ Black in the future?
Not in the immediate future as I have not found an acceptable coffee flavoring system with the new supplier. I will probably release some other new flavor.

Closed Thread