CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Community
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Community Catch all category for CrossFit community discussion.

Old 09-07-2012, 09:07 AM   #1
Chris Mason

Profile:
AtLarge Nutrition, CrossFit, and Hope for Kenya!

AtLarge Nutrition, LLC (www.atlargenutrition.com) has teamed up with CrossFit HQ (www.crossfit.com ) and its roughly 4,500 affiliates to support their new initiative Hope for Kenya. Hope for Kenya (HFK) is an affiliate driven program which will work through grassroots efforts to help rural Kenyan communities become self-sustaining. The core of the program will be a focus on improving educational opportunities.

As the owner of AtLarge Nutrition, LLC I am personally very excited about this opportunity. I think that sometimes those of us in the developed world lose perspective of just how fortunate we are. I was born in the greatest country in the world. While not being born to wealth, my family was comfortable and in the United States that meant I had every opportunity that one could possibly hope for. Many children in this world are not born into such good fortune; abject poverty and disease are what greet them. In places like rural Kenya daily survival is a challenge and basic education, which we consider to be a right, is a luxury that many cannot experience.

Education is truly the impetus for the elevation of mankind and I want every child in the world to have the opportunity to experience it. I, of course, fully realize I cannot realistically help every child. Differences are most often made at the local or individual level, hence my decision to support CrossFit and its affiliates in their focused efforts with HFK.

I have committed to provide a flat rate donation (it will be a significant amount- not pennies per sale) for every AtLarge Nutrition sale we make until such time as we have accumulated the necessary funds to build a new school for a select community in Kenya. Please help us in this wonderful endeavor. Your purchase will make a difference in many children’s lives (and the lives of an entire village), and that is truly an amazing thing…

Chris Mason
Owner
AtLarge Nutrition, LLC
Old 09-07-2012, 11:19 AM   #2
Jonathan Rankin

Profile:
Re: AtLarge Nutrition, CrossFit, and Hope for Kenya!

Anything special we need to do (special comment, something in the discount section, etc...) when purchasing, or is this something you're doing automatically?
Old 09-07-2012, 02:50 PM   #3
Chris Mason

Profile:

Automatically sir! Starting today, every order contributes (I have decided on $3 per order and I might up that).
Old 09-07-2012, 04:57 PM   #4
Paulo Santos

Profile:

That is awesome Chris. That is very generous of you.
Old 10-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #5
Shawn Bellon

Profile:

Chris is this still going on? Gonna repost on my website and FB coach page.