CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 08-10-2009, 07:41 AM   #61
John Devine

Profile:
Re: paleo "change your life in 30 days"

Wifey and I have survived the first 7 days. She's down 4# and I'm down 6#. She really struggled for a couple of days last week. She had no energy and just felt crappy but seems to be getting it dialed in. I'm really proud of her for sticking with it.

If you need any motivation for keeping on your CF/Paleo/Zone/Clean diet lifestyle, I recommend a visit to a local water park. I went yesterday with the family and some friends and we were all struck at the poor state of health and preponderance of obesity we witnessed. It was eye opening.

At any rate, looking forward to continued improvements in my weight and health. Keep the updates coming!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:31 AM   #62
Gary Riccini

Profile:

I think i will jump on this and try to participate in the Paleo challenge. I have been crossfitting for a few months now with great results in both strength and appearance. Where I falter is the diet. I go good for a while then fall off the wagon for a few days. It seems pretty basic the rules of paleo and I am looking to rev up the results.
Old 08-10-2009, 08:56 AM   #63
Robbie Cooper

Profile:

The key to my paleo success? The recent purchase of an new Cookshack electric smoker --- every Sunday I can smoke enough brisket, ribs, and salmon for a week's worth of lunches and dinners.

In fact, it's so darn good, that I have to remember to eat enough veges with it.

Though, the other key to success has been our bountiful harvest from our vege garden this summer --- I pick ~10 tomatoes, ~2 yellow squash, 5-6 okra, and 1-2 cucumbers from the garden every day.

Mix in some avacado and almonds and I'm really digging this Paleo thing.

Last edited by Robbie Cooper : 08-10-2009 at 08:57 AM. Reason: cause spelling is hard
Old 08-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #64
Kara Govro

Profile:

Wow, I think I'm going to be "in"!

I might have to put a smidge of cream in my coffee, but then I may switch to tea.

CF alone - only 2 or 3 days per week for two months - has made me look better, but if I could dial in the diet (mostly cutting way too many alcohol calories and lots of crappy pasta) I would drop weight like nobody's business. I would love to drop four or five sizes by Christmas, and I know I could do it if I went Zone/Paleo. And I would undoubtedly feel better as well.

I already had a soy latte this morning, but I can start at 10am, right?
Old 08-10-2009, 10:25 AM   #65
Paul Sedillo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbie Cooper View Post
The key to my paleo success? The recent purchase of an new Cookshack electric smoker --- every Sunday I can smoke enough brisket, ribs, and salmon for a week's worth of lunches and dinners.
Cookshack smokers rock! I have come very close to buying one. Currently I use a Big Green Egg, but I like how a CS can hold more food. One of these days...

I'm a recent convert to the Zone/Paleol diet, started this past Friday and going strong. Glad to see others seeing such great results. It's very encouraging.
Old 08-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #66
Kara Govro

Profile:

Just spent $41 at Whole Foods: 2 pounds of sliced meat (half ham, half turkey - which is unfortunately quite dry), a pint of blackberries, a pint of yellow cherry tomatoes, a pint of figs, a jar of almond butter and half a pound of edamame salad (probably not paleo, but whatev). I'll probably need to find a farmer's market for cheaper produce if I keep this up.
Old 08-10-2009, 02:38 PM   #67
Alec Sean Kellish

Profile:

Day 10, no slip ups yet!
Old 08-10-2009, 08:27 PM   #68
Jo Maas

Profile:

Day 9 for me - my jeans are noticeably looser, but the main thing I've noticed is my mind is so clear! I'm less upset by idiot drivers, I'm calmer and more patient, especially with my children. Basically, I'm more chilled out - on the inside, if that makes sense.

Way to go everyone so far - keep up the good work!

Cheers, Jo
Old 08-11-2009, 07:25 AM   #69
Judd Shea

Profile:

I am starting this today, ASAP! My wife (who is a vegeterian no less) thinks that I am crazy and not very smart to do a "fad" diet...

I hate sweet potatoes, but love most veggies, so this should be interesting.

My huge vices are diet soda pop, junk food, candy, etc...

Weighed in at 178 this morning.
Old 08-11-2009, 03:52 PM   #70
Scot Roeder

Profile:

Well I have been doing pretty good. I slipped over the weekend and ate a 6 inch sub at Subway at I felt like **** afterword. Today I weighed in at 265. Down about 10 or 12 lbs since I started 10 days ago.