CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Nutrition
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Nutrition Diet, supplements, weightloss, health & longevity

Old 01-22-2010, 07:18 AM   #1071
Bryan Tarlowski

Profile:
Re: paleo "change your life in 30 days"

Are dried eggs paleo friendly? I'm trying cut down on my protein shakes (because of the whey) and have a tub of dried egg whites. Also there is no mention of amino acids on the nutrition facts and I cannot find anything online, anyone know the amino acids profile of a dried egg white? Also, does the process of drying eggs remove the "thing" that causes Autoimmune problems? I feel like I should throw this question at Robb Wolf for the podcast.

Last edited by Bryan Tarlowski : 01-22-2010 at 07:23 AM.
Old 01-22-2010, 09:36 AM   #1072
Bryan Tarlowski

Profile:

So I called the place that makes the dried egg whites and they were able to give me all the amino acids. So I got that figured out, just wondering about the autoimmune problem.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:32 AM   #1073
Yahya Kohgadai

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy Hill View Post
I used to have terribly high blood pressure all throughout my life.. My diet was crap and exercise was mediocre at best. Ever since Crossift/Starting Strength and 90% paleo (now with dairy for a weight gain phase), it's down to 107 over (something good. Forget the other number). All I know is that the **** works. I wish a doctor would ask me why I think it has changed so much over the last year! I've been eating a ton of saturated fat, cholesterol, etc. Maybe because that's what humans are meant to eat!?
wow high blood pressure @ age 20? At what age did it start becoming high?
Old 01-22-2010, 05:35 PM   #1074
Elizabeth Hall

Profile:

Hello everyone!! I was going to start Paleo on Sunday but somehow ended up starting yesterday (Thursday). I'm avoiding peanut butter also, that is going to be my hardest thing actually. I was eating about a jar a week

Question~ I'm going to try and get some coconut milk this weekend, can I use it to make smoothies?
Old 01-22-2010, 06:08 PM   #1075
James Reynolds

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Hall View Post
Hello everyone!! I was going to start Paleo on Sunday but somehow ended up starting yesterday (Thursday). I'm avoiding peanut butter also, that is going to be my hardest thing actually. I was eating about a jar a week

Question~ I'm going to try and get some coconut milk this weekend, can I use it to make smoothies?
With almond butter and sun butter as awesome and better options, you probably wont miss it much, if at all.

Good luck!
Old 01-23-2010, 08:18 AM   #1076
Jason Broyer

Profile:

yes definitely try out the sunbutter i just started paleo about 2 weeks ago and swapped my peanut butter for sunbutter and it is just as delicious!
Old 01-24-2010, 12:33 PM   #1077
Michael Donohue

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Hitt View Post
Yeah, the blood thing in that article was WEIRD. I've never heard that anywhere before.

At least now when I say I eat paleo, there are a few people who say, oh yeah, I've heard of that.

BTW, pork shoulder was on sale this week. Slow cooked a 9 pounder overnight in the crock pot with a can of coconut milk. YUM. Life is good today
Matt, I have to thank you for this pork shoulder in coconut milk crockpot idea. I did this last night and threw in some pineapples and red, yellow and green peppers and cooked it on low for about 14 hours. Holy crap was this good.
Old 01-24-2010, 05:05 PM   #1078
Luke Hale

Profile:

I'm about 3 weeks in now.

Today my 34" jeans that haven't fit me for a couple of years went on with no effort!

...thought I'd try em as the 36" pair I bought at Christmas now fall down!

going to try adding a few snacks into my day. Been eating just 3 meals a day, and worried it might not be enough. (often hungry)
Old 01-24-2010, 06:47 PM   #1079
Randy Hill

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahya Kohgadai View Post
wow high blood pressure @ age 20? At what age did it start becoming high?
Been high ever since I can remember! The worst was like 165/85 or something.. This was when I was sick and returning from a combat zone, however, which may have had something to do with it. However I had it tested about a week after that and it was 150/something.

Now, all of a sudden I get it checked after a month of eating quality food again and it's down to 107, somewhere I can never remember it being. Might not be the food but I sure as hell know it doesn't hurt.
Old 01-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #1080
Marta Joy

Profile:

I can't deny myself food that I love 100% of the time. I will only go crazy, and hate this diet. So Sushi, chocolate, and alcochol stays on my list. The rest I can live with!! ha ha!