CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #41
Chris Robinson
Member Chris Robinson is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: New Bern  NC
Posts: 361
Re: Sand Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji Whitehead View Post
So where have you people ordered these Sea Bags or A Bags? I keep looking online and most of the time the shipping is as much as the bag. Some of the sites look pretty generic, too. Has anybody ordered one and received it? Can you point me to a good website?
Just go to your local military surplus/supply store. Alternately, go to a local sporting goods store and buy a cheap gym bag (check the link to rosstraining.com posted earlier in this thread for a picture).
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #42
Benji Whitehead
Member Benji Whitehead is offline
 
Benji Whitehead's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Elizabethton  TN
Posts: 420
Re: Sand Bags

the sad thing is I can't find a military surplus store around here. I'm looking for a thick canvas one online.

Knoxville? Awesome place to be. I lived there for 7 years during school + grad school. Is there an affiliate there?
__________________
twitter wfs
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 02:36 AM   #43
Ibn Saeed
Member Ibn Saeed is offline
 
Ibn Saeed's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sharjah  United Arab Emirates
Posts: 39
Re: Sand Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji Whitehead View Post
So where have you people ordered these Sea Bags or A Bags? I keep looking online and most of the time the shipping is as much as the bag. Some of the sites look pretty generic, too. Has anybody ordered one and received it? Can you point me to a good website?
I posted the link above

wfs
http://www.schooluniforms.com/3478.html
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:16 AM   #44
Bronson Nihill
Member Bronson Nihill is offline
 
Bronson Nihill's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Granville  MA
Posts: 26
Re: Sand Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibn Saeed View Post
alright guys

I finally placed an order for

Olive Drab Side Zipper Canvas Duffle Bag
http://www.schooluniforms.com/3478.html (wfs)

it only cost me $12.69

Ill let you know how it works out to be.

are there handles on both ends of this bag?
__________________
This life, this moment, is your hero's journey, your moment of truth, your near-death experience.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:36 AM   #45
Benji Whitehead
Member Benji Whitehead is offline
 
Benji Whitehead's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Elizabethton  TN
Posts: 420
Re: Sand Bags

I ordered two different bags from Sportsman's Guide yesterday. I found a coupon code online and got a Sea Bag and an A bag for $30 shipped.
__________________
twitter wfs
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 04:41 AM   #46
Ibn Saeed
Member Ibn Saeed is offline
 
Ibn Saeed's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sharjah  United Arab Emirates
Posts: 39
Re: Sand Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji Whitehead View Post
I ordered two different bags from Sportsman's Guide yesterday. I found a coupon code online and got a Sea Bag and an A bag for $30 shipped.
Can you send the link and the coupon of sportsman guide
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:04 AM   #47
Shawn Casey
Member Shawn Casey is offline
 
Shawn Casey's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Bamberg  Germany
Posts: 435
Re: Sand Bags

I've been training with sandbags for a while. I just started using Josh Henkins's bags. I like them alot; you can have alot of handle options and you can use it without the handles. I've used the army duffle bags and they work great. I have 4 different sized sandbags. A sandbag should be part of every crossfitters training. It can make you farm boy strong. just make sure you don't get a bag made out of cordura. This is what the army makes there bags out of that are issued. They will rip your knuckles to sheds.

Sandbag training is less like training and more like trying to wrestle a man twice your weight. It's like fighting for your life. Try doing a sandbag mile with half your weight. Try not to make the sandbag tight; the point of sandbag training is that the sand moves around.

I don't know about anyone else but, when I step into my training environment I get a little nervous. I train by myself and no one watches me but I get nerous with anticipation of progressing. Sandbag training makes me nervous to the point of tingling hands and face.

Sandbags make your body one solid single hurting muscle. You'll get muscle in places you didn't you had muscle. This was my main piece of equipment when I first started training crossfit and after a month of sandbag training, I had muscles growing in my hands. My hands!! I started working them in lately and my girlie forearms are starting to look more manly. You can't hate sandbags. Thanks Josh!
__________________
"The sharp edge of a razor is difficult to pass over; thus the wise say the path to Salvation is hard." —Katha-Upanishad. http://razorsedgeblog.wordpress.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:40 AM   #48
Ibn Saeed
Member Ibn Saeed is offline
 
Ibn Saeed's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sharjah  United Arab Emirates
Posts: 39
Re: Sand Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Casey View Post
I've been training with sandbags for a while. I just started using Josh Henkins's bags. I like them alot; you can have alot of handle options and you can use it without the handles. I've used the army duffle bags and they work great. I have 4 different sized sandbags. A sandbag should be part of every crossfitters training. It can make you farm boy strong. just make sure you don't get a bag made out of cordura. This is what the army makes there bags out of that are issued. They will rip your knuckles to sheds.

Sandbag training is less like training and more like trying to wrestle a man twice your weight. It's like fighting for your life. Try doing a sandbag mile with half your weight. Try not to make the sandbag tight; the point of sandbag training is that the sand moves around.

I don't know about anyone else but, when I step into my training environment I get a little nervous. I train by myself and no one watches me but I get nerous with anticipation of progressing. Sandbag training makes me nervous to the point of tingling hands and face.

Sandbags make your body one solid single hurting muscle. You'll get muscle in places you didn't you had muscle. This was my main piece of equipment when I first started training crossfit and after a month of sandbag training, I had muscles growing in my hands. My hands!! I started working them in lately and my girlie forearms are starting to look more manly. You can't hate sandbags. Thanks Josh!

Thanks for sharing your experience.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #49
Benji Whitehead
Member Benji Whitehead is offline
 
Benji Whitehead's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Elizabethton  TN
Posts: 420
Re: Sand Bags

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/ w/f/s

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...sman%27s+guide w/f/s as long as guns are safe to you, the current coupons are at the end. i think this guy posts them frequently.

i got a sea bag and military style duffel, used a $5 off coupon, and my total was $32. i'll put a review on here once I get them.
__________________
twitter wfs
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 02:14 AM   #50
Ibn Saeed
Member Ibn Saeed is offline
 
Ibn Saeed's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Sharjah  United Arab Emirates
Posts: 39
Re: Sand Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji Whitehead View Post
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/ w/f/s

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...sman%27s+guide w/f/s as long as guns are safe to you, the current coupons are at the end. i think this guy posts them frequently.

i got a sea bag and military style duffel, used a $5 off coupon, and my total was $32. i'll put a review on here once I get them.

Thanks for the links.

Can you post the direct link to the bags you bought, the site seems to be huge.

I will await for your review on the bags
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sand bags Chris Butner Equipment 10 02-27-2009 09:57 PM
Any one here use sand bags? Michael Stehle Exercises 4 10-06-2008 06:01 PM
Sand Bags Fiona Muxlow Equipment 16 07-26-2006 11:19 PM
Deadlift form with sand bags Stuart Proudlock Exercises 5 03-04-2006 02:08 AM
SAND BAGS Zach Even - Esh Equipment 4 03-09-2005 08:00 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.