CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-03-2009, 09:17 PM   #41
Chris Robinson

Profile:
Re: Sand Bags

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benji Whitehead View Post
So where have you people ordered these Sea Bags or A Bags? I keep looking online and most of the time the shipping is as much as the bag. Some of the sites look pretty generic, too. Has anybody ordered one and received it? Can you point me to a good website?
Just go to your local military surplus/supply store. Alternately, go to a local sporting goods store and buy a cheap gym bag (check the link to rosstraining.com posted earlier in this thread for a picture).
Old 01-03-2009, 09:27 PM   #42
Benji Whitehead

Profile:

the sad thing is I can't find a military surplus store around here. I'm looking for a thick canvas one online.

Knoxville? Awesome place to be. I lived there for 7 years during school + grad school. Is there an affiliate there?
Old 01-04-2009, 02:36 AM   #43
Ibn Saeed

Profile:

Quote:
So where have you people ordered these Sea Bags or A Bags? I keep looking online and most of the time the shipping is as much as the bag. Some of the sites look pretty generic, too. Has anybody ordered one and received it? Can you point me to a good website?
I posted the link above

wfs
http://www.schooluniforms.com/3478.html
Old 01-05-2009, 04:16 AM   #44
Bronson Nihill

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibn Saeed View Post
alright guys

I finally placed an order for

Olive Drab Side Zipper Canvas Duffle Bag
http://www.schooluniforms.com/3478.html (wfs)

it only cost me $12.69

Ill let you know how it works out to be.

are there handles on both ends of this bag?
Old 01-05-2009, 04:36 AM   #45
Benji Whitehead

Profile:

I ordered two different bags from Sportsman's Guide yesterday. I found a coupon code online and got a Sea Bag and an A bag for $30 shipped.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:41 AM   #46
Ibn Saeed

Profile:

Quote:
I ordered two different bags from Sportsman's Guide yesterday. I found a coupon code online and got a Sea Bag and an A bag for $30 shipped.
Can you send the link and the coupon of sportsman guide
Old 01-05-2009, 06:04 AM   #47
Shawn Casey

Profile:

I've been training with sandbags for a while. I just started using Josh Henkins's bags. I like them alot; you can have alot of handle options and you can use it without the handles. I've used the army duffle bags and they work great. I have 4 different sized sandbags. A sandbag should be part of every crossfitters training. It can make you farm boy strong. just make sure you don't get a bag made out of cordura. This is what the army makes there bags out of that are issued. They will rip your knuckles to sheds.

Sandbag training is less like training and more like trying to wrestle a man twice your weight. It's like fighting for your life. Try doing a sandbag mile with half your weight. Try not to make the sandbag tight; the point of sandbag training is that the sand moves around.

I don't know about anyone else but, when I step into my training environment I get a little nervous. I train by myself and no one watches me but I get nerous with anticipation of progressing. Sandbag training makes me nervous to the point of tingling hands and face.

Sandbags make your body one solid single hurting muscle. You'll get muscle in places you didn't you had muscle. This was my main piece of equipment when I first started training crossfit and after a month of sandbag training, I had muscles growing in my hands. My hands!! I started working them in lately and my girlie forearms are starting to look more manly. You can't hate sandbags. Thanks Josh!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:40 AM   #48
Ibn Saeed

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Casey View Post
I've been training with sandbags for a while. I just started using Josh Henkins's bags. I like them alot; you can have alot of handle options and you can use it without the handles. I've used the army duffle bags and they work great. I have 4 different sized sandbags. A sandbag should be part of every crossfitters training. It can make you farm boy strong. just make sure you don't get a bag made out of cordura. This is what the army makes there bags out of that are issued. They will rip your knuckles to sheds.

Sandbag training is less like training and more like trying to wrestle a man twice your weight. It's like fighting for your life. Try doing a sandbag mile with half your weight. Try not to make the sandbag tight; the point of sandbag training is that the sand moves around.

I don't know about anyone else but, when I step into my training environment I get a little nervous. I train by myself and no one watches me but I get nerous with anticipation of progressing. Sandbag training makes me nervous to the point of tingling hands and face.

Sandbags make your body one solid single hurting muscle. You'll get muscle in places you didn't you had muscle. This was my main piece of equipment when I first started training crossfit and after a month of sandbag training, I had muscles growing in my hands. My hands!! I started working them in lately and my girlie forearms are starting to look more manly. You can't hate sandbags. Thanks Josh!

Thanks for sharing your experience.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:12 PM   #49
Benji Whitehead

Profile:

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/ w/f/s

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...sman%27s+guide w/f/s as long as guns are safe to you, the current coupons are at the end. i think this guy posts them frequently.

i got a sea bag and military style duffel, used a $5 off coupon, and my total was $32. i'll put a review on here once I get them.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:14 AM   #50
Ibn Saeed

Profile:

Quote:
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/ w/f/s

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthre...sman%27s+guide w/f/s as long as guns are safe to you, the current coupons are at the end. i think this guy posts them frequently.

i got a sea bag and military style duffel, used a $5 off coupon, and my total was $32. i'll put a review on here once I get them.

Thanks for the links.

Can you post the direct link to the bags you bought, the site seems to be huge.

I will await for your review on the bags