CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-14-2008, 02:06 AM   #51
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: Blair's I should have a log since I don't like logs log.

8-13

Damn, it was hot bike riding. I was damn sweaty getting in. Sore too, from either the gymnastic workout last night, hot sweaty bike ride, or from stretching last night. I've been really slacking off in the stretching and gymnastics for about a month. Also, could be not enough food is hampering recovery or the sheer fact it's day 3 and I've been used to going every other day for a month.

CF mainpage was a CFT, but my schedule was BS. Got in with plenty of time, so that is nice since I have extra time for more than 1 lift and a WU.

Low Bar Back Squat:
133x10 Ugh
153x7 Double Ugh
Really annoyed that low bar back squat has me going at low weight compared to HB. My friend noted the same thing the other day. Switched to high bar for heavy BS.
223x3 for 3 sets. I was going to do 5 but no way. This was a struggle each set. I'm definitely tired or weak or something. Could be a lot of things noted. Really glad, I didn't do a CFT though I want to see where I am compared to when I started. Next time, I will do all low bar like a good boy.

Bench press. It was a struggle to just stabilize the bar. Gymnastics from yesterday and being tired.
133x 2 setsx 5 reps

Push press. Why not. I want to get my overhead press heavier and this would be a good chance to work PP.
133x5 first set. Same on second set, failed 1/2 way up on rep 6.

Done. Note to self, do not try a cuban press with an oly bar. Stick to DB.

Yay, a day off. Will probably do nothing and enjoy it, besides life stuff. Maybe some movement drills and basic tumbling or mushroom. Lite. Recover, Blair, recovah.
Old 08-14-2008, 04:48 PM   #52
Melissa Urban

Profile:

Hey, thanks for the hit. I'm not keeping my log on the boards any more - it's not like I haven't been training! Just not posting.

I've never done high bar BS... I wonder if I could move more weight that way? I might have to give that a try at some point, just for fun. Hope you enjoyed your rest day.

Melissa
Old 08-16-2008, 12:20 AM   #53
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

Right now, my friend and I figure it's lack of that type of BS and weaknesses in the hamstring/PC. Numbers wise, it turned out to be a ****ty day anyways.

8-15

Decided not to go to the gym today, just ran out of time. So Sunday morning, I'll go.

Warmed up, worked on mushroom. Nothing spectacular. Probably between 30-50 attempts and not that many circles. Tried some rings and there was notha. Went running, trying to Poseish by leaning, hitting midfoot, and push/kicking back.

1.5miles-ish. 10:15 It's really weird to run this way and figure out a pace since it's more, faster, and shorter steps. I felt it a lot more in my hamstrings and calves than I usually do and my right knee felt twingy for some reason. My back feels a bit sore, probably from the pounding and the fact, I don't run often ( supposed to run 1-2x a week besides sprinting day ).

When I can break a 6m mile, I'll be happy. Especially if I can keep that pace for 3. Then I'll have to start making yucky hilly distance courses like the Games hill.
Old 08-17-2008, 01:24 AM   #54
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

8-16

Decided to bike to training instead of using light rail for most of it. 13 miles. Trained. Biked over ****all, stopped by old HS, used football field goal to mount rings. 30 or so minutes. A few muscle-ups, levers, etc.

Biked to river. Swam across. Tried it a few times, till I couldn't make it all the way across. Another goal. Back and forth 8 times. Rested on rocks and sunned. Biked way too far home. Bah. Got to the point, I hate biking. 30+ total miles. Bleh. Calves sore from that and running.
Old 08-18-2008, 11:56 PM   #55
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

8-18

WU, felt good today but ate a bit closer to worktime than I would have preferred. However, meat and food is good and I'm back in an abundance of food which means I'm back on schedule training wise as I've been missing that part for 2 weeks.

Today was a snatch grip DL day. Calves are still tight from Saturday's 30miles+ of bike riding and swimming across the river. I'm glad it wasn't an Oly day, and it was good that it was a lift day.

SnatchGripDL:
133x10
153x7
183x3
203x3
233x3 Ugh, I had thought about doing 253 and I'm glad I didn't.

Finished with Overhead Presses. Not quite enough time to work them correctly. Not enough rest periods, so they were rushed.

103x10
113x7
Switched to Push Press due to time as I could cycle faster
123x3
133x3
153x3 all failed half way up

Somewhere in there I ran out of time. Probably too long of rest periods for snatch grip DL that didn't need as long as rest periods because loads are lighter than regular ones.

But a good day, played with some MU, forgot about kipping PU...again. Woulda been after DL, but only had maybe 10-15m left then, if that.
Old 08-20-2008, 11:48 PM   #56
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

8-20

Hmm, what a crappy ho-hum workout. I knew it wasn't gonna be great since there was only 45 minutes of time but since it was an Oly day, I figured I could squeeze it in.

Either I biked too hard getting there or waking up mid morning and trying to go back to sleep screwed things up. Maybe it was humid. Who knows, it sucked.

WU, then did power clean, SDHP, thruster, hang squat clean, SDHP, thruster. Out of time. 88 pounds 3 or 5 reps. It's all I had.

I think I need to cut down on the skill practice of the Burgener WU. On Oly days I do it 3x with PVC and 3x with bar only. Mainly this was to enforce myself to learn and memorize and get a lot of practice in. I generally do it 1x a day otherwise. Doing it with PVC, I'm seeing I'm going way too fast at normal speed. So, I will either go slow or just do bar only and use the pvc to go back to when I want to emphasize part of the technique.
Old 08-25-2008, 01:54 AM   #57
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

8-22

Super short workout. I don't were time went to getting there before I left.

low bar BS 3x7 because of time, still having a hard time with wrists flexing and getting thrashed which is limiting weight and ****ing me off.

133, 143, 153

I guess I could have stayed longer because the trainer was sticking around to wait for a kid's ride. Dang it.

It also has come to my attention that if I do rings and handstand/planche workouts there I can be more efficient as to getting gymnastic and lifting workouts in per week. It will add to total workout time but it makes a lot more sense.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:52 AM   #58
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

8-25

Short session, so unfortunately no adding planche and ring work as upper body work to my MWF.

Currently at 12PU, 10 ring dips, 10 wall HSPU. The wall HSPU just felt short or small, dunno. Actually strike that, it was fail on no 11 for ring dips and HSPU.

Got rid of the 3 sets of pvc burgener WU and 3 with 20kg/45lb bar. Did one set with the bar and called it down.

Start off with hang snatch. Set of 2 since I failed on 3. 88 pounds.

Snatch is really starting to look like a muscle snatch at the expense of a full snatch or power snatch. I think this will work itself out in time. Methinks because of all the muscle snatch work from the Burgener WU and the cuban presses ( for shoulder W/U-rehab ). However, it doesn't hurt because muscle snatch really used to hurt just bar only. So, all this external rotation is a good thing.

Another set of hang snatch from the scoop. set of 3.

Set of 3 of snatch from the ground with 88. Did 2 more sets with 110.

However, the third pull and drop isn't there and I don't think it's because of me getting it up there and not needing it.

Watched some Dan John Oly lifting video and I think I need to keep my back diagonal as long as possible to really pop and scoop.

Too tired when getting home to do rings and roomate life stuff became the topic. Felt really fatigued, CNS?

Mmm, tritip and milk to recover and ready myself for DL. Apparently, broccoli florets are cheaper fresh than frozen, and ditching iceberg for red and romaine lettuce. I haven't eaten spinach in a long time, hopefully I can stomach it. Couldn't find any damn cauliflower. I think I will buy some cabbage and collard greens next time.
Old 08-27-2008, 11:32 PM   #59
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

8-27

So today I opted to try Stiff Leg Deadlifts or Romanian DL instead of regular DL. I still don't know if I will rotate this with snatch grip DL or add it as a supplemental exercise like good mornings. We'll see how I feel tomorrow and if there is any DOMS.

I ended up going much later than regular DL. A bit because I was cautious, but because of the speed ( almost TUT ) my grip would start to fail. These did feel pretty intense but whether it's because of them or the bike ride in heat, I'm not certain.

WU 133x7, 143x5, 153x5, 163x5 ( first 3, then 1.5, then 1.5 ).

Rings and planche stuff at home because I got too busy before I left...again dammit.

Spinach doesn't taste bad. It looked pretty disgusting in the frozen package at the store.

I'm still hungry.
Old 08-29-2008, 01:06 AM   #60
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

So recently I'm now looking into the zone and Robb Wolf's blog. I've noticed I haven't been dropping weight and I tend to be ridiculously hungry on workout days versus non workout days.

It does look like whole milk has to much fat to hit zone parameters so I'll switch after I finish my current supply.

Calculating was a bit dizzying but I think I've memorized it right now. This way I can access it when not home.

I'm gonna post it here so I can stop having to google it.

Calories per Gram:
A carbohydrate gram is 4 calories, a protein gram is 4, and a fat gram is 9.
There is no standard for combined grams.

The first is the Individual Block: an individual block of Carbohydrates (C) is 9 grams, an individual block of Protein (P) is 7 grams, and an individual block of Fat (F) is 3 grams.

Zone Blocks:
A carbohydrate block is 36 calories,
a protein block is 28,
and a fat block is 27.
Combine one block of each nutrient to make a whole Zone block, which is 91 calories.