CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 03-07-2009, 01:29 AM   #111
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:
Re: Blair's I should have a log since I don't like logs log.

3-6

Complete 4 rounds:
3 Negative Side Lever Pulls (on each side) ( I did invert flag position for 2-3s )
10 Front Lever Pulls ( faster than I like but legit )
5 Back Pulls ( from german hang to basket to invert [ though going from basket to invert is nothing ]). Failed on 2nd round on rep 5 but did the rest and was just about maxed out. Ideally I would have down swing in german hang pull straight body through back lever but oh well.
+
20 min HS Obstacle Course
Out of the 20 minutes, keep track of the total time spent in HS. I did 20m of Wall HS shoulder tappers. 6:02 out of 20m of time.

Finish with 2x10 Wrist Pushups

I did Tues GBWOD and then hit this after 5min+ of rest. In 20m of total time, I did 6:02 of wall runs. Blech. I thought about doing the usual press progressions I usually do at gym ( more wallspace than at home ) but decided to not to.

Earlier, since it was just myself and the 2 10yo L4's and we hit all our events in our prep for state; I decided we could set up a HS obstacle course.

I set up panel mats, 2 panels thick, so first mat stack was 2, then the next was 4, then the next was 6; then I set up a small panel mat of 4 layers to walk on up to and then a wedge mat to roll down. I was going to build a pyramid and we also tried going down the obstacle course instead of down. Luckily, the 8yo did his routines before workout today in a private as he can barely walk in HS. Those 2 can probably only do 3-10 feet at best. I told them as we get better, we're gonna build one across the floor and I'll show them the GB video on Monday.

We tried it about a dozen times to maybe 20. Then the compulsory girls saw us and wanted to play as they rotated to floor. They couldn't get enough of it. Only a few of them could do maybe 5-10s of an L sit on floor. So I flaunted that both of them could do 30s+. Heheh, it's fun to irk them.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:47 AM   #112
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

3-9

Complete four rounds:
10 Hopping HeSPUs
30 seconds under-grip HLL
40' Senders

Didn't do much on the weekend, just a little bike riding. Slept 6 hours last night followed by 6 more when I woke up at 4am this morning.
After doing my rounds of basics on FX ( kick to HS; negative press down; donkey kick to HS; jump press from tuck-sit ) PH ( stride swings, swing to leg cut,stride swing, cut back ), PB (walks, hops, swings to HS ) and SR ( just swings ) and MU work. I tried to do the hopping HSPU on floor to no avail. More of just a lower down to HeS. I thought about doing kipping HeS>HSPU but settled with HeS>HSPU with feet piked on a height. Possibly the stuff before decreased my ability to try the hopping HSPU but oh well.

Should I have tried hopping HS on floor ( HS hops/blocking off the floor )?

Undergrip HLL were 14-12-10-10

I set up senders with a floor bar, panel mat stack, small trapezoid, short box, panel mat stack, 32" triangle thingy, 32" box. I could get over the first one but only on top of the 2nd one.

Rounds were fairly short, which was kind of nice. Did some stretching, the toe point stretch and some beam straddle L work. This was fried because of the HLL I think.
Old 03-11-2009, 03:29 AM   #113
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

3-10

3 sets: 1-3 XR Strap HSPU to 1-3 Bulgarian Dips to 1-3 MU Transitions to 1-3 Bulgarian L-sit Pull-ups to BL to FL
3x5 Tick Tocks

Finish with 2x10 Wall Extensions

Hmm, I skipped the basics because I didn't start till 10:30 cause I was gabbing with an adult from the adult class who used to be an Elite. We had a lot of gym talk to cover. I did a set of PB swings and some kicking to HS and hit the GB WOD.

5m rest periods.

I was concerned about the 1-3 strap XR HSPU. I did them till a 90 degree angle in my shoulders and elbow so not full ROM. 3r.

I went from support through to false grip hang for the transition. Faster than I'd like but acceptably controlled and slow. Straight BL and advanced tuck FL. I did feel the tightness that the L pullups ( Bulgarian ) required in my lower back.

3m rest periods for tick tock. Start in inverted hang in adv tuck, lower and pull through to 1/2 lay BL.

5m later finishing off with 1 wu set of 10 light DL, 3 sets of 4r with 5m rest periods of heavy DL, 1 set of SLDL and GM lightish of 10r.

Wall ext hurt bad. Warmed up with cuban presses.
Old 03-15-2009, 04:17 AM   #114
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

3-12

What a ****ed day. Attempted to hydrate and eat prior to workout with mitigating success in my opinion.

Warmed up with some gymnastics basics and was running out of gas and feeling weak. Opted to skip GB WOD and do 5x5 heavy BS. Called it a day.

Skipped Friday as well because the girl's coaches were having some parent meetings and I didn't want to wait till they got done or bother them. Went home and didn't make up Thursdays WOD+Fridays WOD.

Saturday went to training ( with some small mileage biking roughly 5-6mi )and got bounced on my head a few times. Came home with the intention of doing Th+Fri or Helen ( CFGenesis is doing a Helen challenge ). Eventually crawled into bed in the afternoon/evening after vegging awhile and woke up after midnight in the early morning. I had some thoughts of doing the GB WOD+Helen or vice versa as I mapped out 400yd but I'm gonna go to Marin today for CFMarin's day in the park and that will probably be taxing enough.

I still want to makeup those WODs and try Helen again. I am also thinking of changing the days I DL and BS ( maybe M and W or Fri? ) and keeping slices of cheese at work and fruit in the hopes I can stay nourished. Never seem to even have time to drink from my water bottle.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:23 AM   #115
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

3-15

Went to CFMarin's Day in the Park. Ended up back at their box.

1 hour of gymnastics:basics, FX, PB, PH.

Then "firebreather WOD" : 5 rounds of 3 snatches and 15 OHS followed by 400m run. Weight was 77 pounds.

Andreas got 16m and I got 20:10 in barefeet. Running on blacktop barefoot was not fun. Pose was good and my calves and quads are dead.

I tried to clean 155 later and no go. Easier from a hang but legs were shot pulling from the floor. 111 was fairly easy but couldn't press it. Had to push press. Gave in to the fact, that I was shot.

Played on rings, watched ppl do stuff and played in some of the Parkour class as "active recovery". Jumping wasn't gonna happen.

Parkour WOD was 8m of 7 jumping MU on a single rail, 20 box jumps, alligator walks.

2 1/3 rounds? Box jumps so sucked to the point I could not even push out of landing on box in squat.
Old 03-17-2009, 01:05 AM   #116
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

3-16

Warmup on strap bar, HS press downs, some chest roll to bent arm push to HS and HS walking. Failed on attempted DU with new jump rope.

3 rounds of

1/2 Lay Back Lever for 10s followed by 4 body lever circles@diagonal in both directions; swissball planche lean on parallettes for 10s followed by 5 chest roll to headstand; and 10s advanced tuck front lever followed by 4r of 2-3s V hang on HB. 2 minute rest periods between compound sets and 5m later hit:

set of 5 jumping deck squats with 18lbs ( too light ) followed by 5 glute ham assisted pushups/leg curls. 3m rest. Pretty easy but killer on the hams.

followed by 2 sets of 5 back bend wall walks to bridge and hip extension to front/side/back. 1 set of cuban presses followed by 5 wall slides and 30s of shoulder flexion ( in over and under grip ) and extension. Very tight so did 10 more dislocates.
Old 03-18-2009, 03:50 AM   #117
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

3-17
Did the 3-13 WOD instead of ring HS. I actually thought I might do the rings HS afterwards but skipped that idea.

WU of some rounds of PH work of stride swing to false scissor timer. In this round was forward roll press to HS in tuck/straddle/pike. As well was PB swings. About 3 rounds. Then did some kick to HS on floor, attempt to straddle down for a free HS negative press down with mitigating success due to poor active straddle about 10x.

Did some ring work 3 rounds of 3r of support muscle down to false grip L and pullup. Then practice 5r of 3s static flex arm hang in L while in false grip. Attempted 3 MU and got into the bottom but unable to press out.

Worked 5 reverse cranks and slight swing pull to invert hang with straight body. Worked 3x of 1r of pullup rock to invert and negative back lever then hit the WOD. I really need to start doing more circle work. Been meaning to do skill training before coaching and conditioning after coaching. Wasn't able to eat or hydrate much and only had a glass milk before leaving for work but ate 4 slices of american cheese and 2 bars of fruit jerky around 8-830p during the adult class. Grabbed a 1/2gal of milk after the class and drank about a 1/4, then another 1/4 periodically before the WOD and after and another 1/4 after everything. Pretty decent workout.

4 rounds of 10 cast wall walks, 30s of wheels, and 30 wall-runs. I can only do bent arm circle wheels when fresh(er) so I did a plyo pushup bringing my hands to my shoulders like a wall run before landing in support. Like a high clapping pushup. Wallruns got tougher toward the end and cast wall walks were miserable in first round.

used 3m rest periods. 10 plyo pushups per 30s each round. rested 5m more and hit WU light BB DL.

Warmup 2 sets of 5r of roughly 50 and 90lb BB. Used 5m rest periods and hit 4r, 6r, and 8r (fail on 9).

Did some body bar attempts at a Jefferson curl and SLDL and GM coupled with 1round of hug the twinkies, curling back extensions, and inverted situps and stall bar leg lifts to 45 degrees off vert. Did 5 cuban presses and shoulder rotations with DB.

Maybe I'll try to sprint/run tomorrow night or do skill work before coaching. It would be a rest day but we'll see. I always have ideas of working out on Wed and end up taking it off ( because of the F'n DL's ). Maybe a short tabata modified tabatas or something.

I need to do more skill work to improve gymnastics skills. More skill training time besides conditioning.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:39 AM   #118
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

3-19

Did my usual WU. Did some ugly FHS but figured out my RO again ( it's been screwy lately when I've demoed it for the classes/team ). I tried about 5 planches in tuck and pressing from L to tuck planche on PB. Did some decent pirouettes surprisingly. Did one of the ugliest front layout attempts either W or Th. I think I haven't tried in like over a year. I ended on my ***. Still don't have air sense really anymore. Worked some MU stuff, I can get into the transition and get stuck.

Complete four rounds:
10 Circle Front Lever Pulls ( I did one FL progression+10 body lever circles at 45 degrees. typically sets of 2 or 4 )
One 30 second negative pull-up ( I did 20-25s in false grip, making sure my false grip isn't holding my back from MU and stretching out my forearms )
5 Negative Back Pulls ( german hang to basket, I can't remember if it's that or BL negatives ).

One WU set of 95lbx5 BS and 5 more sets of 5r. Ugh. I had thoughts of sprinting but ehh it was super late since I was talking business after the gym with my friend on the phone for 90m.viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1652
Old 03-21-2009, 02:42 AM   #119
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

3-20 Felt sluggish after classes but a bit of food and WU helped. Did some basics and press downs in HS and HS stuff and hit the WOD. Got stuck in MU transition again.

3 sets of MU - XR L-sit - press shoulder stand - forward roll to shoulder stand - lower to XR straddle L - FL - BL
3x5 360s
finish with 2x10 Wall Extensions

MU was spotted and I can't do the forward roll to MU. I can end up in hang. Couldn't figure out the shoulderstand to straddle L though my straddle L sucks so after falling down I tried on a set of low rings for about 10s. Adv FL, straight back lever. Tried straddle and it seems easier than 1/2 lay.

For the 360s, the first 2 sets I did a small swing to pull to invert and BL to GH, then pike back ( shoulda reversed cranked ) and lower through FL to hang. 3 reps of this. Then I did 2reps of pullup rock back through FL and BL to GH, same as before. Oops.

Last set I did pike skin the cat to GH and back. Last set was 4-1 instead of 5. Still tough.

3 sets of 6 25yd sprints after sprinting drills. 10 breaths ( walking back ) till sprint again and 90s between each round. I was gonna do more but knee felt twingy/stiff.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:03 AM   #120
Blair Robert Lowe

Profile:

3-22

2/3rd Helen 7:52

Failed about 5 reps and nearly faceplanted on the DB swings in 2nd round. Ugh

stretched afterwards, mostly pike and straddle stretches since I can feel my hams tighten up like a mofo.