CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 02-19-2008, 08:40 PM   #11
Greg Fischer

Profile:
Greg Fischers Log in Fort Worth

Rest Day from Crossfit

It's been kind of quiet this week and 7 sets 3 reps of Hang Squat Cleans tomorrow makes me feel like something brutal is coming for Weds and Thurs.

2pm 100m sprints x 6, 35 push ups after each 2 for total of 105. I'm working on that metabolism. Curious what the scale has to say tomorrow. My legs are feeeling sore.

7am 10 oz coffee

8am 4 eggs (2 just whites) with salsa

12pm 1/3lb eye of round w 2 tsp BBQ sauce

3pm 8 almonds

5pm Chicken Cordon Bleu (1/3lb chicken, 2 slices Ham, 1 slice Mozz chz) 1 cup Brocoli

8:30pm 1 Serving Cottage Cheese

8-10pm Irish Whiskey(s), it's my last day off of work!

Last edited by Greg Fischer : 02-19-2008 at 08:47 PM.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:47 AM   #12
Greg Privitera

Profile:
Re: Why Didn't I Start A Log Earlier? Greg Fischers Log in Fort Worth

Sup,

From a quick look, I'd say you want to eat about 3x as many vegetables as you have in the last couple days.

I'd also skip the slimfast shake, eat a lot more protein than that, and what kind of yogurt is that (many are high in sugar).

Still looks a bit low calorie-wise. Every 2-4 days try to get in one day where you eat a lot. Lean meats + vegetables.

Do you take a fish oil supplement?

p.s. I posted a reply to your reply in my on workout thread.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:58 AM   #13
Greg Fischer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Privitera View Post
Sup,

From a quick look, I'd say you want to eat about 3x as many vegetables as you have in the last couple days.

I'd also skip the slimfast shake, eat a lot more protein than that, and what kind of yogurt is that (many are high in sugar).

Still looks a bit low calorie-wise. Every 2-4 days try to get in one day where you eat a lot. Lean meats + vegetables.

Do you take a fish oil supplement?

p.s. I posted a reply to your reply in my on workout thread.
I didn't even think to look at the sugar content of my yogurt. I've just been eating low fat Yoplait and it has 22g of sugars per serving! I checked out some other brands, Oikos looks good? Any suggestions?

No I don't take a fish oil supplement, but after some research it seems like an important thing, I see it in lot's of people logs and in nutrtion articles.

I still have a lot of food in my pantry/fridge so I'm gonna finish off what I bought. I'll be tweaking my diet harder next shopping trip in about a week. Found some local retailers that carry gluten free products and other assorted goodies. I just have to keep my wife on board with the changes...
Old 02-21-2008, 06:39 AM   #14
Greg Fischer

Profile:

Yesterday

Hang squat clean 3-3-3-3-3-3-3 reps

10am 67-72-77-82-87-95-95. Got some help on my overhead squats. Have to work on flexibility in shoulders and calves.

8am 20oz coffee

11am 1/2 cup grapes, 8 almonds

2pm 1/2 cup grapes

5pm 1/2 lb lean hamburger (no bun), some onions, pickles, tomoatos

7pm 3 slices roast beef, 5 carrots

8:30pm serving of yogurt

9pm 1 cup milk (this was a weird craving)

10pm bed

Weight update. The scale says 204lbs. I should do my measurements regularly because I have gone down 2 belt loops in 2 months. I'm not sure if weight should be my main issue at this point. I'm gaining mucscle, burning fat, and feeling good. I haven't slept good in about a week so I think this might be a factor. Maybe need to do some more pre or post WOD workouts (running, etc). I'll experiment with this.
Old 02-21-2008, 08:03 PM   #15
Greg Fischer

Profile:

Four rounds for time of:
Run 400 meters
50 Squats

2pm

19:35. I used the street that I live on as my track, approx 400m? I'll use the same course next time to gauge myself. I was really hurting on the squats. They were broken every round. Legs were definately killed from the previous workouts but I thought I would finish around 15min. Running splits were 90-110 seconds. I have to be able to string the air squats together and get a stopwatch to time all of the splits. Awesome workout, but dissapointed it took me so long.

8pm Planche Training

8am 12 oz coffee, 1/4 whole wheat bagel

11am 6oz chunk light tuna

1:30pm 6 almonds

3pm 1 serving carrots, 1 serving celery, 2 tbsp P.B.

5pm 10 oz coffee

7pm 1 cup shrimp, 4 slices bacon

8:30pm 1 serving cottage cheese

Well my legs have had enough. Tough week. I feel some really hard metcon's lurking in my future for this weekend. Thanks to everyone who has helped me with my form and diet. Right now I'm really trying to reduce the sugar intake. It's crazy how many products have high amounts of sugar. I mean milk has 12g per glass! Funny to think that I'll be cutting my monthly sugar intake by Thousands of grams. Im not in an immediate rush to be on a Zone or Paleo diet. I am still researching and figuring out how my body reacts to different foods at different times of the day. I'm still building my core strength so I don't know if I'd even notice a signifigant difference yet anyway... I'm proud of my progression so far, 2 months ago I'd still be deciding to do back and bi's, chest and tri's, or legs for my workout on any given day. I'm going to take one thing at a time and that includes diet, but I am definately getting rid of as much sugar as possible immediately. I will get closer to a scientific/athletic diet each trip to the store and before I know it I'll be there, I mean the logic of it all is almost impossible to ignore for much longer
Old 02-24-2008, 07:14 AM   #16
Greg Fischer

Profile:

Friday

"Lynne"

Five rounds for max reps of:
Body weight bench press
Pull-ups

12pm I used 185lbs for the bench press, and gravitron w 40lbs assistance for PU. No rest between Bench and P.U., 2 min rest between rounds.

Bench 7,6,5,5,5
PU 9,7,7,6,6
Total = 63

I think i will destroy this score next time, good benchmark though. I will prob take more rest as well.

8am 20 oz coffee

9am oatmeal

1pm 4 hard boiled eggs w tabasco

3pm 1 bell pepper

6pm 3 slices roast beef

9pm-? beer and liquor (bachelor party)
Old 02-24-2008, 07:18 AM   #17
Greg Fischer

Profile:

Saturday

Rest day from crossfit.

4am - 1 slice pepperoni pizza (crap)

12pm - 2 slices pepperoni pizza (CRAP)

4pm - 4 slices turkey

8pm - 6 chicken wings, 2 chicken fingers, 3 strawberries (wedding)

Felt like crap most of the day and ate like it too. I guesss I need one of these days every once in a while. Sunday is going to be hard (Eva workout looks killer). I thought I was going to do some running in the morning and then the WOD, but it looks like WOD will be more than enough to punish me for my fun weekend.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:36 PM   #18
Theresa Meyer

Profile:

Hi, Greg. Looks like you're determined to reach your goals. I do agree with a previous comment about ensuring you eat enough food--it looks like you're a bit light in the fruit/vegetable department. Have you thought of using fitday.com to track your food? This will undoubtedly lead to workout performance issues at some point.

Good luck!
Old 02-24-2008, 06:24 PM   #19
Greg Fischer

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theresa Meyer View Post
Hi, Greg. Looks like you're determined to reach your goals. I do agree with a previous comment about ensuring you eat enough food--it looks like you're a bit light in the fruit/vegetable department. Have you thought of using fitday.com to track your food? This will undoubtedly lead to workout performance issues at some point.

Good luck!
I hit the produce aisle hard today. Gonna up my intake 2x this week. I will be sure to comment on how my body feels. Thanks for all of the positive comments and help! I'm also working to reduce dairy this week too. It's amazing the impact that diet has on performance!
Old 02-24-2008, 06:34 PM   #20
Greg Fischer

Profile:

"Eva"

Five rounds for time of:
Run 800 meters
2 pood Kettlebell swing, 30 reps
30 Pull-ups

I ran the first 2 rounds, but my knee acted up so I used the stationary bike for the last 3 rounds, 2000m's (bout 4-5 min splits). Also used a 1 pood kettlebell. Used blue assistance band for most of the pull ups.

2pm 45 minutes. Even though I modified this slightly it was terribly brutal, especially after I got home. I took a 2 hour nap! Much respect to those who are cutting 45 mintues as RX'd!

7pm planche progression work

8am 20 oz coffee

10am 2 eggs, 2 slices bacon

4pm 1 serving carrots (raw), 1/2 serving celery, 2 Tbsp Peanut Butter

6:30pm 1/4 lb lean ground beef, 1/2 serving refried beans, some lettuce, tomato, salsa. 5 tortilla chips

8pm 1 cup grapes