CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2015, 11:40 PM   #11
Kaevon Khoozani
Member Kaevon Khoozani is offline
 
Kaevon Khoozani's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Calgary  AB Canada
Posts: 35
Re: Xebex rower/air bike

If any fellow Canadians stumble upon this thread I get my first batch of xebex rowers and bikes next week. My partner tried them out in Houston, he owns a concept 2, said he loved it. Can't wait to get mine.
__________________
www.bellsofsteel.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:03 AM   #12
Shawn M Wilson
Member Shawn M Wilson is offline
 
Shawn M Wilson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tyler  TX
Posts: 1,118
Re: Xebex rower/air bike

I'm torn about getting a rower again. My oldest son loves to row but I had to sacrifice space and room with a few pieces of equipment that I used to have (had to get rid of my prowler and sled also).

Redid the garage some to make the wife happy and with Christmas coming I'm possibly leaning this way for him and myself. Would you guys say this rower is worth pursuing over the c2 or just stick with what we know?
__________________
Pastor - Saved by Grace - Building the Body & Soul one day at a time!
My Log ****Open 12.1 (94) 12.2 (60) 12.3 (196) 12.4 (172) 12.5 (80)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:47 PM   #13
Cooper Mitchell
Member Cooper Mitchell is offline
 
Cooper Mitchell's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Springfield  MO
Posts: 119
Re: Xebex rower/air bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn M Wilson View Post
I'm torn about getting a rower again. My oldest son loves to row but I had to sacrifice space and room with a few pieces of equipment that I used to have (had to get rid of my prowler and sled also).

Redid the garage some to make the wife happy and with Christmas coming I'm possibly leaning this way for him and myself. Would you guys say this rower is worth pursuing over the c2 or just stick with what we know?
I haven't used the Xebex Rower, but like Peter said it uses different settings. This disclaimer was on their website:

Disclaimer:
Xebex Rowers use their own unique damper settings and formula for tracking distance and calories. Xebex Rowers will not use the same metrics as other competitor rowers.


Something I would keep in mind.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:12 PM   #14
Shawn M Wilson
Member Shawn M Wilson is offline
 
Shawn M Wilson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tyler  TX
Posts: 1,118
Re: Xebex rower/air bike

Yeah I saw that. But in the end it's all about work since I rarely compete in the open and if I did it would be in my box. Mainly for at home use for kids and family.

I have a airdyne and wish I didn't. Newest model is a joke...
__________________
Pastor - Saved by Grace - Building the Body & Soul one day at a time!
My Log ****Open 12.1 (94) 12.2 (60) 12.3 (196) 12.4 (172) 12.5 (80)
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 04:36 PM   #15
Mike Lian
Member Mike Lian is offline
 
Mike Lian's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Katy  TX
Posts: 102
Re: Xebex rower/air bike

Just in case anyone interested in these items.

We're having a GREAT deal for Black Friday on both the rower and the bike. Pre-Order and we'll be shipping end of February!

http://www.getrxd.com/getrxdblackfriday2015.html (wfs)

Details:
Sale runs today 11/23/15 to Sunday 11/29/15
35% off Xebex Air Bikes and Rowers
35% off WOD and Stealth Barbells
40% off 3" x 3" Titan Rigs
whole lot more!
__________________
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
www.GetRXd.com / Michael@GetRXd.com
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 04:52 PM   #16
Greg Morrison
Member Greg Morrison is offline
 
Greg Morrison's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Omaha  NE
Posts: 1,014
Re: Xebex rower/air bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooper Mitchell View Post
I haven't used the Xebex Rower, but like Peter said it uses different settings. This disclaimer was on their website:

Disclaimer:
Xebex Rowers use their own unique damper settings and formula for tracking distance and calories. Xebex Rowers will not use the same metrics as other competitor rowers.


Something I would keep in mind.
So has anyone done a comparison on these? Like how do 500m times compare?
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2016, 09:35 AM   #17
Michael Cook
Member Michael Cook is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Portland  OR
Posts: 597
Re: Xebex rower/air bike

I don't think the C2 is required for the Crossfit Open.

Here is what it says in the Equipment section for workout 15.5:

Equipment
An indoor rower with a monitor that measures calories
Barbell
Collars
Plates to load to the appropriate weight for your division

And here is the one from 14.4:
Equipment
An indoor rower with a monitor that measures calories
Pull-up bar
A medicine ball of the appropriate weight for your division
A wall mark or target set at the specified height
Barbell
Plates to load to the appropriate weight for your division
A set of gymnastic rings hung so you can successfully perform a muscle-up

So if they have the same requirements, then I think you could use the Xebex rower, or any type of "indoor rower with a monitor that measures calories".
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 04:19 PM   #18
Peter Keller
Member Peter Keller is offline
 
Peter Keller's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Austin  TX
Posts: 337
Re: Xebex rower/air bike

@Greg

How would you structure a test? Give me a structure and I'll run a few athletes through it.
__________________
CEO, FringeSport WFS
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 02:59 PM   #19
Shawn M Wilson
Member Shawn M Wilson is offline
 
Shawn M Wilson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Tyler  TX
Posts: 1,118
Re: Xebex rower/air bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Keller View Post
@Greg

How would you structure a test? Give me a structure and I'll run a few athletes through it.
I think the easiest method would be 10 sprints over say 5 days per athlete and rower?

Measure either calories in a set time and meters in a set time?

4-5 people doing 10 sprints with enough time to rest and redo per rower should give some similar results as an average. Compare averages? Obviously the more sprints done gives a better average (toss out highest and lowest?) and go from there?

Then compare results between the two. If one rower has people finishing 50 calories 10 seconds as a mean average faster than there would be an obvious difference in how calories are calculated.
__________________
Pastor - Saved by Grace - Building the Body & Soul one day at a time!
My Log ****Open 12.1 (94) 12.2 (60) 12.3 (196) 12.4 (172) 12.5 (80)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:18 PM   #20
Mike Lian
Member Mike Lian is offline
 
Mike Lian's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Katy  TX
Posts: 102
Re: Xebex rower/air bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn M Wilson View Post
I think the easiest method would be 10 sprints over say 5 days per athlete and rower?

Measure either calories in a set time and meters in a set time?

4-5 people doing 10 sprints with enough time to rest and redo per rower should give some similar results as an average. Compare averages? Obviously the more sprints done gives a better average (toss out highest and lowest?) and go from there?

Then compare results between the two. If one rower has people finishing 50 calories 10 seconds as a mean average faster than there would be an obvious difference in how calories are calculated.
We ran some tests and found it relatively comparable. Crossfit HQ specified in 16.4 that rower must be "indoor rower similar in type and calibration to Concept 2"

I believe our's can be considered similar in type and calibration. We're finalizing the data and will put it into a bar chart.

http://www.getrxd.com/xebexrower.html (WFS)
__________________
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
www.GetRXd.com / Michael@GetRXd.com
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Why the air bike? Rolando Garcia Starting 7 04-01-2015 03:11 PM
Did first WOD... 30k on a bike? Brian Griffin Starting 4 07-04-2010 03:43 PM
BMX bike first? John Seiler Equipment 4 07-10-2007 02:51 PM
Concept2 Rower vs Magnetic Rower? John Tramell Equipment 2 07-27-2006 09:13 AM
Bus Bike Mark Gebhard Community 10 01-30-2006 03:39 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.