CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 05-15-2013, 05:41 PM   #521
Jordan Derksen

Profile:
Re: The Wolverines Log

Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Snatch 7x1 @ 155lb
o, o, x, o, o, o, o. First time snatching since end of December. I could tell. 155 wasn't heavy by any means but my coordination was brutal. Actually missed one at 155. Really focusing on form this time though; getting that back straight and pulling the bar into myself while keeping my shoulders over. This is a good chance to rebuild my form.

Front Squat 3x3
225, 225, 225.

Shoulder Press 3x3
155, 155, 155

Strict Ring Pull-ups 3 sets
10, 10, 10

Also been using my captains of crush. I got a 1, 1.5, and a 2. I've closed the 2 once since I got them with my right hand, millimeters away with my left. Working mostly with the 1 and 1.5. Definitely noticing a difference in crushing grip.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:52 PM   #522
Jason A Smith

Profile:

I wish I could snatch 155 like that. That lift is so frustrating for me. I know that I have actually become a fairly competent Crossfitter minus the snatching. Hoping to make some gains on it in the next month or so.

Nicely done.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:48 AM   #523
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason A Smith View Post
I wish I could snatch 155 like that. That lift is so frustrating for me. I know that I have actually become a fairly competent Crossfitter minus the snatching. Hoping to make some gains on it in the next month or so.

Nicely done.
Ya man, it's a tough one. Cleaning never leaves me for some reason but snatching I need consistent practice to keep competent at. I've found I need to practice it at least twice a week. Hopefully rebuild my form quickly and start finding some good PR's in the Oly lifts in the next few months.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:27 AM   #524
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Friday, May 17, 2013
For intensity day this is slightly embarrassing. Hopefully it comes back quick.
Back Squat 1x5 low bar
350x3... Working up squats felt good so I figured I'd go for a decent number. Untracked 350 and it still didnt feel too bad... By rep 3 I was grinding so I played it safe and just racked it. No point injuring myself like a fool first week back.

Bench Press 1x5
235. This went better obviously. Didn't lose much off my bench although I knew I couldn't do much more than this for now.

Deadlift 1x5
405. Not too bad.

Hopefully within the next few weeks I'm back to normal form. I've never had this before though where I took time off and had to rebuild so not sure what to expect.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:23 PM   #525
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Monday, May 20, 2013
Here we go...
Back Squat 5x5
295, 295, 295, 295, 295

Bench Press 5x5
205, 205, 205, 205, 205

Power Clean 8x3
225 for all.

Weights are just slightly lower than on my last week of TM before the break, except now I'm power cleaning instead of rows and rdl's.

Totally cleaned out the garage today, moved everything around and organized my gym space. Then installed my pull-up bars in the corner. Punching bag will go up right aways, just gotta get some hooks to hang it from. All set to go now though, got a nice setup going in there. I'll take a few pictures this week and upload em on here. I'm very happy with the space I got. Other than the rower and GHD I got everything now and plenty of space to do what I need. It's gonna be a good summer.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:15 AM   #526
Dustin Wintczak

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Derksen View Post
Monday, May 20, 2013
Here we go...
Back Squat 5x5
295, 295, 295, 295, 295

Bench Press 5x5
205, 205, 205, 205, 205

Power Clean 8x3
225 for all.

Weights are just slightly lower than on my last week of TM before the break, except now I'm power cleaning instead of rows and rdl's.

Totally cleaned out the garage today, moved everything around and organized my gym space. Then installed my pull-up bars in the corner. Punching bag will go up right aways, just gotta get some hooks to hang it from. All set to go now though, got a nice setup going in there. I'll take a few pictures this week and upload em on here. I'm very happy with the space I got. Other than the rower and GHD I got everything now and plenty of space to do what I need. It's gonna be a good summer.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't jealous. Someday I'll have the space for a garage gym. That's awesome though, I know you've been working towards getting a full set up going so congrats on finishing up your own workout space.
Old 05-21-2013, 10:58 AM   #527
Jason A Smith

Profile:

You know I am pumped to see some pics of your new set up. As a fellow prairie garage gym goer that is pretty awesome.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:19 AM   #528
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Snatch 7x1 @ 165lb
x, o, o, o, o, o, o. Missed the first one but they improved quickly. 5, 6, and 7 were a thing of beauty. Fast, quick, solid.

Front Squat 3x3
245, 245, 245

Shoulder Press 3x3
165, 165, 165

Cut the Presses short to 3 sets only because I wanted to work in some conditioning again finally. Was debating between Fran to start off the conditioning drive but I didn't feel like dying and having a horribly embarassing time to post so I went with:

30 Burpee Muscle Ups for time
8:32. Wasn't regionals standard as we only have 10ft in my garage so the rings were easily within arms reach so I could false grip it. I also didn't hit full extension at the bottom on most of them. I wasn't really breathing that hard which surprised me but it makes sense since I was slowed down by my ability to execute a muscle up. I didn't fail any but when I false grip I never really do. Felt so good to get sweaty and have a timer going again though.

Planning to be doing conditioning work like this wednesdays and saturdays to start. I'm basically cutting the wednesday workout a little short and getting rid of pullups. So I'm going to make sure I'm doing some kind of pulling in the metcon to make up for that but just make sure I keep them short and simple. Don't want this to interfere too much with recovery. Hopefully I can ride this system for a while. Depending on recovery ability I know for TM setups some people will switch off 5RM squats and DL's every other week so that they aren't doing both every friday, if I have to I'll do that.

I think I said this before, but it's gonna be a good summer. Pics coming soon. Try to post some tomorrow. I love the garage space.

EDIT: I have a foot counting wheel for distances, I rolled out 100m straights and 400m loop around our yard. I love the country. Flat grass, got 2 spots to do 100m straight sprints. I went for a jog around our 400m loop a few times post workout today to cool down. My legs felt like lead. I've never had it like that before. I'm signed up for a 5k this summer, hopefully I get my running ability back by then.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:34 PM   #529
Jason A Smith

Profile:

For the most part your conditioning should come back relatively easily, although I can pretty much guarantee it will not "feel" easy.

Building up the work capacity and pain tolerance takes time as well (or maybe it is just me), but I am 100% sure you will be kicking it shortly.
Old 05-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #530
Jordan Derksen

Profile:

Thanks Jason. Man with the things that get put out at regionals every year I feel like the field gets so much crazier every time. The best keep getting better almost so fast I feel like I'll never catch up. I got a lot of years left to train hard though so I may surprise myself yet.

Friday, May 24, 2013
Today was a little more back to form but still a ways behind.
Back Squat 1x5 low bar
350. That's more like it. It was heavy though, much heavier than it felt before the break.

Bench Press 1x5
245 (f, 4 reps). Failed on the 5th. It's funny cause when ramping up I got to 225 for a triple and thought for sure I'd have 245 this week. Guess not.

Deadlift 1x5 dead stop
425. That felt good. A bit if redemption from the silly bench press fail.

It was a very good choice for me taking that time off because of how recovered I feel now and how much drive I have to train train train; there's a small part of me that wishes I hadn't though. Being so recently at much higher weights and regressing so much really sucks. Hopefully the next few weeks ramp up.