CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-03-2012, 02:18 PM   #501
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:
Re: V's Log

8/3
Frisbee
A very meh game today. Split into three teams of five and losing team rotated out each point. We were a bit out-matched. A couple of times the disc was in my hand and I couldn't hang on. Frustrating, especially when you're against stiff competition. Weather was perfect...probably mid-70s and not a cloud in the sky.
Old 08-04-2012, 01:25 PM   #502
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

Freaking awesome day today.

8/4
CF Spokane Valley

21-15-9
KBS @ 1pood
Weighted situps @ 20lb

Immediately followed by:

400m Med Ball Run @ 14lb
300 Single-Unders
400m Med-Ball Run @ 14lb
500m Row
Max Med-Ball Slams in 3min @ 14lb

Completed: 20:39 w/ 80 slams

First time I've done KBS with 1pood. Usually I use a 30lb bell. I kept a good pace throughout this entire workout, which made me happy.

I forgot my rope, so used a Rogue Rx rope that the box had. I got my first DU EVER. I was even able to alternate DUs between SUs. I need to ditch my whip rope (at least temporarily) and get another rope. I want to get the exact rope I used today, but no surprise, it's ~$35.

So after that, I tried to do my power cleans for the week. I need to stop trying to do heavy lifts after these workouts b/c it's never successful.

I was messing around a bit with the rings, and one of the guys there said that I had enough upper body strength to use a false grip and get up without a kip. So I worked on my grip a bit and got fairly close to getting a muscle up. That would have been the shiznit. It gives me hope that MUs may not be THAT far off for me.
Old 08-05-2012, 09:24 PM   #503
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

8/5
CFFB #111
Squat 3x5 @ 135lb
Press @ 82.5lb x 4, 2; @ 75lb x 4

Squats felt good, press was a disaster. Felt good on my warm-up reps, but the work set felt ridiculously heavy. I remember that 80lb last week was a struggle but doable, so I thought I'd at least get the first set at this weight. Will give it another go next week, but if no dice, I'll reset again.

No DWOD due to time.

I probably need a for real rest day, but grrrrr would rather not. Frisbee and BJJ are NOT active rest, regardless of how much I try to convince myself of that.
Old 08-06-2012, 06:53 PM   #504
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

8/6
CFFB #112
Deadlift 5RM @ 172.5lb

Went up pretty well. Skipped DWOD b/c my body needs a little break from metcons.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:44 PM   #505
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

8/7
BJJ 1.5hrs
Drilled quite a few basics, then did a reverse scissor sweep that was tough to get unless you generated the momentum properly. Surprisingly big class, and it sounded like we might have this many folks continuously. Awesome. Rolled w/ Mr. Lowery (almost had a choke from the sprawl and danged if I can remember the name of it), Mrs. Wilson, Stephanie (?) and Gary. Especially fun roll at the end. Felt good, loose and creative. Good times.
Old 08-08-2012, 08:12 PM   #506
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

8/8
Frisbee 2hrs
That's right. Two hours. Back-to-back games. What a treat. I didn't realize until I was heading down to the field that my feet usually start barking at me after an hour of frisbee, and that they would almost certainly be distraught with 2hrs of running around. Oh well. I stretched pretty well and had time between games to take my shoes off and do more stretching. Feet didn't feel great, but only held me back for about 20% of the second game.

Was pretty much on fire the first game which was 3 x 4. I think the second game was 6 x 6 and I wasn't as much of a factor. Had a couple of dumb throws, probably b/c I was a little tired. Great fun though.

Supposed to lift tonight but probably won't. Thinking about moving from the CFFB Amateur program to CFFB Collegiate. I haven't maxed out my gains, but they are so ridiculously hard to come by with all of the other activities that I have. I've been following it for about 9 months and feel like I'm ready for a change of pace. I'm not feeling particularly motivated this week, so it might just be the laziness talking.
Old 08-09-2012, 06:15 PM   #507
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

8/9
BJJ 20min
Little toe on left foot got jacked up early on. Tried buddy taping to 4th toe but that wasn't tolerable. Not sure if it is broke, sprained or dislocated. Can't walk in shoes (sandals ok). Iced and elevated. Should have a better sense of how bad it is tomorrow. I can still squat, which is the most important thing.
Old 08-12-2012, 10:08 PM   #508
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

8/12
Threw frisbee around with friends for a couple of hours. Great fun. Running barefoot seemed ok with my toe. Shoes still feel uncomfortable.

CFFB #113
Switched to in-season collegiate.

Squat 4x8 @ 115lb
Press 6, 6, 6, 6 (65lb, 70lb, 75lb, 77.5lb)

Attempted the DWOD but felt dehydrated and not quite right. Also dicey doing PS on uneven grass w/ busted toe.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:37 AM   #509
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

8/13
CFFB #114
Deadlift 4, 4, 4, 4 @ 80% of 1RM (155lb)
Strict Pullups 3 x Max Reps 5, 6, 6

10min AMRAP
10 Supine Ring Pull-ups
10 Push-ups

Completed: 6 Rounds

I need to get back to doing more pull-ups and push-ups. Toe is doing much better. I think a long motorcycle ride yesterday helped with the healing.
Old 08-16-2012, 09:07 AM   #510
Vickie Ellickson

Profile:

8/15
Afternoon
Frisbee 1hr
Toe was fine, but feet did hurt near the end. Lots of players, which was good for someone that couldn't change direction quickly or sprint all out. Had some woeful drops that I attribute to the previous evening's consumption of delicious brewed beverages.

Evening
CFFB #115
15-12-9
Push Jerk @ 75lb
Rotational Ball Slams (Right)
Rotational Ball Slams (Left)

Completed: 6:43

This was a quickie. Weight was just right for the jerks...unbroken, but had to fight for the last reps on each round.

Last edited by Vickie Ellickson : 08-16-2012 at 09:10 AM.