CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 10-29-2010, 06:22 PM   #11
Aidan Macdonald

Profile:
Re: my company name has "primal" in it... logo ideas?

Mine (I like the one with the white background)
Attached Images
File Type: png Hercules00.png (98.7 KB, 175 views)
File Type: png Hercules01.png (104.6 KB, 183 views)
File Type: png Hercules02.png (90.1 KB, 158 views)
Old 10-29-2010, 06:54 PM   #12
Deb Weber

Profile:

Quote:
It's a personal training business. I'm leaving the globo and going solo.. Going to be training out of a co-op.. Since I'm "crossfit-ish" and will be getting cf certed soon, I won't need all the equipment and machines that most other personal trainers need so I hopefully will be able to rent out a little space on my own soon.

Anyway, I dont necessarily want people to think of cavemen... I want them to think primal in the sense that working w/me will unleash their inner beast.... their inner human that's been supressed while theyve been sitting at a desk all day.

I was thinking of incorporating a woman's mouth snarling or yelling or something..

But at the same time, I dont want to detract people who might think that all im about is heavy lifting that will get them "bulky".. unfortunately, If I wawnt any success, I've got to somehow target these people.. once I get em in and start working w/them, they'll be fine w/strength training and stuff
this is a tough one. not turn off people who want weights, not turn off people who dont want weights, not turn off women or men.... primal but not caveman primal...

I like the idea of a scream, maybe like that Santana album where the lions eye is a head? abstract, illusional.

Otherwise I might use a kind of a loose typeface, maybe brushy, depends. And a generic icon - maybe a circle or oval, divided by the woman screaming and then the divisions could be colors if the screamer could be simplified enough?

then there are the usual concepts; people with their arms raised, etc... you could have a screamer, head back, hair kinda wild, above the word primal with arms raised..

Maybe you need a good tagline.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:42 PM   #13
Craig Rogers

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan Macdonald View Post
Those look cool, but make me think more of Atlas.
Old 10-30-2010, 02:04 AM   #14
Yahya Kohgadai

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan Macdonald View Post
cool thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Borbone View Post

Maybe you need a good tagline.
I was thnking of something along the lines of "unleash your inner human" or "unleash your inner beast"
Old 10-30-2010, 04:48 AM   #15
Deb Weber

Profile:

what's the whole company name, if you dont mind my asking.

Quote:
unfortunately, If I wawnt any success, I've got to somehow target these people.. once I get em in and start working w/them, they'll be fine w/strength training and stuff
Arent these typically the people that want the results without doing the work.
I hope you get some of them, and post about it - be interesting to see how that goes for you!! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by Deb Weber : 10-30-2010 at 04:56 AM.
Old 10-30-2010, 06:57 AM   #16
Christy Labrie

Profile:

IDK, when I think primal I think something like a tiger or wolf. Maybe some kind of howling?
I also like the idea of a person with their head thrown back, arms kind of out but thrown back screaming.

I also think of some kind of claw marks.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:49 AM   #17
Yahya Kohgadai

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb Borbone View Post
what's the whole company name, if you dont mind my asking.

Arent these typically the people that want the results without doing the work.
I hope you get some of them, and post about it - be interesting to see how that goes for you!! :ROFLMAO:
well, my dba name is Primal Training but if I wanna make any money in san francisco where I'll be working, I've got to show some of these older business executives and these already intimidated women that it's not just heavy lifting for 3 sets of 10 or that all I know is "bodybuilding stuff".

So I thought of changing it to Primal Health and Training..

But my web url is primalhealthsf.com [nothing up yet so w/f/s is n/a right now]
I just wanted a short URL that people could remember if they saw on a tshirt.. and one that would actually fit on a tshirt or the back window of my car w/o scrunching up the letters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christy Labrie View Post
IDK, when I think primal I think something like a tiger or wolf. Maybe some kind of howling?
I also like the idea of a person with their head thrown back, arms kind of out but thrown back screaming.

I also think of some kind of claw marks.
ah yes! claw marks or maybe a tight grasping fist! I also was thinking about incorporating a rectangle w/a close up of a woman snarling, like just from her nose to her chin... or a profile shot of a woman w/her head thrown back screaming..
Old 10-30-2010, 10:49 PM   #18
Aidan Macdonald

Profile:

If you are trying to get women to come, make sure you run the image by a non-crossfit girl. Crossfit girls seem to be more ... aggressive than others.

Although I like the idea of a woman screaming, I get the feeling that it would scare girls away. Because you need money, you need even the most annoying clients (at first).

When you get clients (or talk to old ones), ask for their input on the logo. They can produce a better image (or image description) of a logo that best relates to your training style.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:13 PM   #19
Katherine Derbyshire

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yahya Kohgadai View Post
ah yes! claw marks or maybe a tight grasping fist! I also was thinking about incorporating a rectangle w/a close up of a woman snarling, like just from her nose to her chin... or a profile shot of a woman w/her head thrown back screaming..
I agree that you should definitely run this one by some women, both Crossfitting and not. It would be a pretty strong turn-off for me, and I'm not especially meek.

Given the audience you're looking at, how about a more "modern primal" idea? Guy (or woman) in suit carrying club, standing over mammoth with a spear, holding tiger in headlock, that sort of thing. The idea being that you can have "primal fitness" without getting all barbarian about it.

Katherine
Old 11-02-2010, 03:24 AM   #20
Deb Weber

Profile:

the scream could be abstract in your mark. think negative space!