CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Testimonials
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Testimonials CrossFit's successes / your achievements

Old 07-06-2010, 02:05 PM   #1
Chandler Smith

Profile:
Thumbs up Typical Testimonial

Hello everyone, my name is Chandler Smith. I am 5'7, 160 lbs., and 16 years old.I stumbled upon crossfit by watching Spencer Hendel lift on youtube at the beginning of this yearand since then I have been hooked. Doing crossfit has helped me make the jump from being an average wrestler to one of the best in my state, as well as helping me get rid of asthma (that and going paleo in my diet).I hope to one day be an Army officer, as well as to compete in the crossfit games. Even though I don't train at an affiliate, I can feel the sense of community from the videos and this board and I am thankful to be a part of something this cool. Keep working hard!
Old 07-08-2010, 01:41 PM   #2
Robbie Cooper

Profile:
Re: Typical Testimonial

Thanks for this fantastic testimony. Gives me hope for the future of our great nation.

As a US Army Veteran, I'll add that there's nothing in your entire life you'll do that will match the experience and pride you'll get from serving your country.
Old 07-11-2010, 07:24 AM   #3
Andrew Schechterly

Profile:

Hey, Chandler.

Good luck in your military endeavors.

I am currently in the DEP for the Navy and I leave for basic in February.

I never would have dreamed of undertaking a military career before CrossFit. Now, I'm the fittest I have ever been, mentally and physically, and I feel very prepared for it. Don't forget to say "what's asthma?" when the doctors at the MEPS ask you if you have it. =]
Old 07-14-2010, 12:57 PM   #4
Chandler Smith

Profile:

Thank you both. I'm glad that you both served and I admire that. Hopefully I'll be able to help the country as well as you did and are going to do.
P.S I already had my DODMERB exam, but thats exactly what I did Andrew
Old 07-14-2010, 03:45 PM   #5
Tony Black

Profile:

Good stuff Chandler - and when you finally get to train at a box it gets better!
Old 07-14-2010, 05:57 PM   #6
Jonathan Vechet

Profile:

Congrats on shooting for the military. We need more people that are eager to serve.

And honestly, when did CrossFit become so popular in the military? I was an infantry Marine from 2004-2008. Our PT was mainly running several miles up and down hills in boots. Not very knee friendly. And on several of those runs at least 70% of our platoon was sweating booze. Guilty.

But anyhow, good luck on your endeavors.

P.S. What's is a DODMERB exam? I figure the first part stands for Dept. of Defense. Perhaps Military Entrance Readiness Boot?
I took the ASVAB.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #7
Chandler Smith

Profile:

Thanks Tony, my local box is a little too much for me to afford right now but Im looking forward to it. And Jonathan, the DODMERB exam is the Department of Defense Medical Review Board exam, and its part of the applications process for West Point

Last edited by Chandler Smith : 07-19-2010 at 02:50 PM. Reason: Forgot to type whole thought