CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 08-16-2010, 10:25 PM   #1
Alix Floyd

Profile:
Alix's Asian Crossfit Odyssey

Not really sure how this works...posting a log to CF forum but here goes.

I've been doing Crossfit in Asia since Mid-May. I can't say I've lost any weight (which I'm totally OK with because I've replaced tons of fat with hella amounts of muscle) but my overall strength has improved and my clothes are a lot looser. Khalipa is my idol and I'm addicted to WODs. So much so that I will ditch my friends I haven't seen in a year and a half to go workout. Don't keep me from my box, man.

Screw weight loss. My goals are as follows:
1) Be able to do a pull-up for the first time in my life.
2) Compete, not just complete, but compete in a Tough Mudder by the end of next summer.
3) Fall in love with double-unders, because right now they're killin' me! I can only get two in a row!

So, I've recently been taking to doing benchmark girls since my class was on hiatus, I was on vacation in the US (Crossfit tourism rules), and I need a starting point to really start from since I only did one benchmark (twice) when I first started CF in May.

Today was Elizabeth. 16 kg for the Cleans. Jumping ring dips. Time: 11:06.
I dunno if that's a good time or not, but I don't really care. It kicked my a$$.

In addition, in the past week I've done:
Annie (scaled from Brand X for 25-20-15-10 Single Unders and situps) 4:21
Cindy (scaled jumping pull-ups and incline 5 push-ups). 9 rounds and left off on 8 squats in the progression.
Fran (scaled 16 kg thrusters and jumping pull-ups) 10:44.

I'm pretty sore and doing my best to focus on eating Paleo. It can be difficult to do here since eating out tends to be the norm. Carbs abound.

Today I weighed in after my shower at 98.2 kilos. I'll try to get a more accurate weigh-in pre-workout tomorrow. I wish I had a way to do body composition but I don't, so whatever. I'm focused on meeting my goals and improving my benchmarks times. I won't be posting the "before" photos I took today until I have some "after" photos.

I'm going to post my workouts and rest days here so I have accountability and encouragement. Feel free to kick my a$$ outta complacency if needed.

3-2-1, GO!!!
Old 08-18-2010, 05:21 PM   #2
Alix Floyd

Profile:
Re: Alix's Asian Crossfit Odyssey

Last night was an amazing class. (Here we just have classes 2x a week and the other met-cons are done on our own.) We worked on the fundamentals of the kettlebell deadlift and swing. For the deadlift, I initially started out doing .5 pood, but the trainer said, "No, do a full pood." So I did and man did it feel good. I wish I could say the swing was as nice. I had to drop back down to .5 pood.

Ultimately, our WOD was Helen. With one tweak. We don't have enough space to run because we're in a basement and the weather wasn't kind so we replaced the running with 500 m rowing. So, I did 3 rounds of 500 m rowing (rowing machine set to 6), 21 kettlebell swings (.5 pood), and 12 pull-ups (scaled with resistance band and trainer assistance to 8 and 6 for subsequent rounds). My overall time was 13:45.

I was really proud of myself because I just kept moving the whole time. No long breaks for breath. I have a feeling that's partially because my iron pills (I'm normally severely anemic) have been kicking in and my blood cells are carrying more oxygen these days.

After class, our trainer asked me if one day I'd be interested in doing the Level 1 Certification course. There's one coming up in December. I would hella love to work towards that. But, the only catch is, I'm not sure if I should do it until I can really nail down kips, pull-ups, and some more olympic lifts. But hey, I think it's another awesome goal to work towards.

Today is my rest day so I'm looking forward to recharging my body.

3-2-1, Go!
Old 08-20-2010, 12:30 AM   #3
Alix Floyd

Profile:

After yesterday's rest day (that wasn't so restful after hiking a mile through the city wearing a 35 lb backpack), I was eager to return to the box today.

I did "Diane." I did it with a 1 pood kettlebell for the deadlifts. I probably should have done it with a bar, but since we focused on kettlebell deadlifts the other night in class, I wanted to reinforce what I learned. Instead of handstand pushups, I just did my incline pushups, BUT I knocked the angle down a bit. I'm on 4.4 (since the holes on the rack are numbered in intervals of 5). That's lower than I've ever done before!

My time for the scaled "Diane" today was 5:05. I wanted under 5:00 but next time.

I worked on my double unders and did some ring work (stabilization techinique of just jumping up and holding it) and then stretched before leaving.

Tomorrow I have class, which I'll have to leave early because I'm going away to some islands on a holiday.

Holla.
Old 08-29-2010, 12:23 AM   #4
Alix Floyd

Profile:

After a week of traveling in Japan and not doing anything but walking, I returned to the box yesterday and had some breakthroughs.

My 1x max OHS was 22 kg. A few weeks ago in the States, I could barely hold a 35 lb bar above my head while doing an OHS.

8 min Cindy was our WOD and I got 5 (+5).

My shoulders feel horribly sore today, but in the way I really like. I know I did my body good yesterday.

Today, I'm relaxing because the box isn't open. I might hike a bit on the mountain near where I live.

It's good to be back at the box.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:58 AM   #5
Alix Floyd

Profile:

Today: much more on top of Paleo. Only one slip at dinner with some quiche. Ack!

WOD: Jackie Brand X Scaled for puppies
1000 m row, 20 thrusters (12 kg), 20 jumping pull-ups.

8:48.

I could have done better....