CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2008, 04:39 AM   #121
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix Clark View Post
nice work on michael!!!
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fergus Lally View Post
women! always degrading us men! were not just pieces of meant, we have feelings too you know!!
I'm sorry I hurt your feelings, Fergie. I'll try to be more considerate....
Can, we PLEASE see pics of your moobs?

__________________
f/5'4"/Weight: Who the hell knows and who the hell cares? My Log
http://vanessasisson.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 04:42 AM   #122
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

I am taking a complete rest day. (except the burpees) No CFE for me. My legs are SO sore. Yesterday, after Michael I came home and worked on a paper for school and had intentions of going to a movie or something that night. Well, I took a nap that was supposed to only last abot 30 mins.. I woked up at 6:00 am this morning! I guess I needed the rest. Before cf I felt so guilty taking rest days but I never pushed myself as hard as I am now so I was never this tired. I KNOW I need a rest day today.
__________________
f/5'4"/Weight: Who the hell knows and who the hell cares? My Log
http://vanessasisson.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:23 AM   #123
Carla Tremblay
Member Carla Tremblay is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Antonio  TX
Posts: 1,725
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

You deserve and need a rest day! You've been working hard!

  Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:59 PM   #124
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Tremblay View Post
You deserve and need a rest day! You've been working hard!

I have to be rested up for my first official "class" at GSX tommorow. I'm nervous! Plus, I think I might miss doing the WOD from the main page. We'll see.
__________________
f/5'4"/Weight: Who the hell knows and who the hell cares? My Log
http://vanessasisson.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 05:56 AM   #125
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Just got back from my first "class" at GSX.

I think he was trying to kill us! The warmup was a workout!

Warmup:
10 burpees
15 kb swings (i think I had 1 pood) could be wrong...
bear crawl (undetermined distance...) there and back (it was a long way)

x 3!---I was VERY warm!

WOD:
10 deadlifts-started too light and the trainer added weight during the workout-not sure how much
15 box jumps-did the highest box all but the first round!
20 kness to elbows

I did 4 or 5 rounds..lost count...It was hard but fantastic! I felt like I did really well for my first time. Obviously, I need to keep track of my numbers better next time but I was excited to be there today!

Tonight, I think I want to try to the CFT and cfe workout.
__________________
f/5'4"/Weight: Who the hell knows and who the hell cares? My Log
http://vanessasisson.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:33 AM   #126
Beth Spearman
Member Beth Spearman is offline
 
Beth Spearman's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Missouri City  TX
Posts: 181
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa Pierce View Post
Forgot to add my situps were unanchored. Actually I did in the middle of the floor next to the extensions machine in the middle of my globo. I am sure I got eyerolls but screw them....

Just wait until you start chalking up bars at the globo!! They REALLY love that I've gotten comments from "Wow, what are training for?" to conversations like - gym guy: "So, you guys took up both squat racks for an hour (CFT days " Us: "oh, sorry...did you need the rack?" gym guy: "I already did my curls somewhere else"

I actually love the looks....it reinforces that you are doing something that most other people wouldn't dream of trying!

Keep up the good work!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:40 AM   #127
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth Spearman View Post
Just wait until you start chalking up bars at the globo!! They REALLY love that I've gotten comments from "Wow, what are training for?" to conversations like - gym guy: "So, you guys took up both squat racks for an hour (CFT days " Us: "oh, sorry...did you need the rack?" gym guy: "I already did my curls somewhere else"

I actually love the looks....it reinforces that you are doing something that most other people wouldn't dream of trying!

Keep up the good work!!!
I've always enjoyed being different and I sure don't mind showing up a "gym guy" or two. SO, really, I don;t mind the stares so much. But, I'm afraid if I chalk up I'll get in trouble. There's a big sign that says "NO chalk"
__________________
f/5'4"/Weight: Who the hell knows and who the hell cares? My Log
http://vanessasisson.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:44 AM   #128
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Can anyone tell me if there's is any disadvantage to mixing globo and main site WOD's? I want to do the workout from GSX on M/W/F/ and main site WOD on the other days.
__________________
f/5'4"/Weight: Who the hell knows and who the hell cares? My Log
http://vanessasisson.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:45 AM   #129
Carla Tremblay
Member Carla Tremblay is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Antonio  TX
Posts: 1,725
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanessa Pierce View Post
Just got back from my first "class" at GSX.

I think he was trying to kill us! The warmup was a workout!

Warmup:
10 burpees
15 kb swings (i think I had 1 pood) could be wrong...
bear crawl (undetermined distance...) there and back (it was a long way)

x 3!---I was VERY warm!

WOD:
10 deadlifts-started too light and the trainer added weight during the workout-not sure how much
15 box jumps-did the highest box all but the first round!
20 kness to elbows

I did 4 or 5 rounds..lost count...It was hard but fantastic! I felt like I did really well for my first time. Obviously, I need to keep track of my numbers better next time but I was excited to be there today!

Tonight, I think I want to try to the CFT and cfe workout.
Great job on the WOD this morning! Just be sure you take care of yourself and don't overdo it with the CFT and CFE.
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 07:47 AM   #130
Vanessa Sisson
Member Vanessa Sisson is offline
 
Vanessa Sisson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Fort Worth  TX
Posts: 2,760
Re: Vanessa's1st Crossfit Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carla Tremblay View Post
Great job on the WOD this morning! Just be sure you take care of yourself and don't overdo it with the CFT and CFE.
I know! But, look who's talking miss 8 mile run and then all that lifting! If I am dragging tonight I'll lighten it up. But, I swear I am on a CF high!
__________________
f/5'4"/Weight: Who the hell knows and who the hell cares? My Log
http://vanessasisson.blogspot.com/
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crossfit Journal Ryan Copeland Starting 1 07-13-2006 11:36 PM
CrossFit Journal 38 James Falkner Community 5 10-03-2005 05:43 AM
Which Crossfit Journal... Jason Berger Community 4 09-15-2005 05:47 AM
Crossfit Journal Allan Starting 1 03-09-2004 05:55 AM
Crossfit Journal Brad Hirakawa Workout of the Day 1 08-01-2003 01:58 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.