CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Workout Logs
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Workout Logs Post your logs here!

Old 12-30-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
Jeffrey Martin

Profile:
Jeff's Workout Log

Today I completed my third WOD. I felt like puking, crying, and then puking some more. It was great. Some of the exercises, such as the muscle-up, I'm unable to complete and so I substitute them with other exercises, but I do as much of the WOD that I possibly can. Though I do hope to be able to do the WODs as they are intended fairly soon. This stuff is just kick butt.

I also measured myself a bit today: 70' and 158 lbs. In the future, I'd like to start measuring my body fat, so I'll have to look for some advice about that. My goals in terms of weight are to gain, specifically 20 lbs of lean muscle. That's a long term goal though. (Any ideas on how long that might take me to attain?)

My reasons for starting Crossfit are simple: I want to improve my overall health, increase flexibility and agility for Aikido, and push myself as far as I can go.

Tomorrow's New Year's Eve, which mean, as I live in Germany, that there will be some drinking. I'm not going to go overboard with it... I learned that lesson a while ago. And plus, I'll have a WOD to do on the 1st of 2010. Can't be hungover for that.

That's it for today.
Old 01-01-2011, 06:48 AM   #2
Jeffrey Martin

Profile:
Re: Jeff's Workout Log

Log for 12/31/2010

One mile run on treadmill 8:40 (minutes/seconds)
10 pull-ups (5 assisted - 65 lbs)
30 pushups (17-3-7-3)
40 BW Squats
One mile run on treadmill 10:40

I really need to work on my upper body strength. It's pathetic. But that's why I'm doing this. The running could have also been a bit faster if I had pushed myself a bit harder. That'll be something for me to work on in the future; to push myself as hard as I physically can. (It's easier said then done. It requires a ton of willpower and self control.)

The New Year's party went great, though my gym is closed, so I'll just look and see what I can work on from home with relatively little gym equipment. Maybe I'll make this a stretch/rest day and make tomorrow a workout day... We'll see. I'll post again later on and log what I did.
Old 01-03-2011, 03:13 PM   #3
Jeffrey Martin

Profile:

I actually ended doing nothing yesterday or the day before that. Disappointed reigns. There's no need to dwell on that though; it won't get me anything or anywhere. I need to accept that I messed up, out of laziness, be more diligent and continue.

Today I did a slight modifications of the WOD

Three rounds of:
400m run
10 Overhead squat (65lbs)
3 Chin-ups

Did not keep track of time, as I don't have a stopwatch. I'll need to get one.
Old 01-05-2011, 09:12 AM   #4
Jeffrey Martin

Profile:

Workout Log for 04/01/2011

Squats for 3-3-3-3-3
Weight used 135lbs, 140lbs, 145lbs (2 sets), 170lbs for last set.

Workout Log for Today (05/01/2011)

I had to really tone down today's WOD.

Round 1:
Thrusters - 10 for 65lbs
3 pullups

Round 2:
Thrusters - 6 for 65 lbs
3 pullups

Round 3:
Thrusters - 6 for 65lbs
3 jump pullups

These WOD's have been making me feel weak and completely out of shape. But I guess that's to be expected. What I'm really loving right now, though, is that people are noticing that I'm getting bigger. Getting attention for this really wasn't my goal, because I'm happy with how I look, but the compliments do help.

Crossfit is one of the best things to come into my life. Crossfit, Aikido, running, and longboarding. I love those.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:29 AM   #5
Jeffrey Martin

Profile:

Went for a decent run around the military base I live on yesterday because I promised my Uncle that I would run a half marathon with him. Therefore I'm doing a training plan that looks like something like this:

Mondays: Aikido (usually doesn't require much physical exertion so I'll use that as a rest day)
Tuesdays: CF
Wednesday: Medium run (1-1-2-2-3-4-4-5-5-4-3)
Thursday: rest + Stretching + easy run
Friday:CF
Saturday:CF
Sunday: Long distance (4-4-5-5-3-7-8-6-9-10 [or whatever my Uncle thinks we should do on those days])

If you have any suggestions on what I could do better with that plan, please let me know.

Though I am aware that CF usually isn't too big on specialized things like a marathon, I'm going to do it for family reasons and to at least have the experience of it.

Also, today I'm going to rest, as I haven't had a rest day yet this week.