CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Fitness
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Fitness Theory and Practice. CrossFit's rationale & foundations. Who is fit? What is fitness?

Old 03-25-2008, 04:43 AM   #1
Robin Owens

Profile:
I blew chunks all over Barbara.

Well, Today I tried to JUMP into Crossfit. I lost. After 3 rounds of Barbara Lite, not even fat Barbara, I hit the showers. Felt like crap. Decided on the way to work I would feel better if I just got it over with. It took no effort. I pulled over and blew chunks. Boy do I feel great now! Seriously. But lesson learned. Crossfit ain't easy. Not that I thought it was, I just did not realize I was a puppy.
Can't wait for the next one!
Old 03-25-2008, 04:48 AM   #2
Joey Powell

Profile:
Re: I blew chunks all over Barbara.

Welcome to CrossFit. I don't know if it truly gets "easier" if you continually push yourself, but you do get used to it and recover faster.

God job and great attitude! Stick with it.

Joey
Old 03-25-2008, 05:12 AM   #3
John McConnell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Owens View Post
Well, Today I tried to JUMP into Crossfit. I lost. After 3 rounds of Barbara Lite, not even fat Barbara, I hit the showers. Felt like crap. Decided on the way to work I would feel better if I just got it over with. It took no effort. I pulled over and blew chunks. Boy do I feel great now! Seriously. But lesson learned. Crossfit ain't easy. Not that I thought it was, I just did not realize I was a puppy.
Ya, I started my fourth round and called it off before I lost it right there under the pullup bar this morning.
Old 03-25-2008, 05:56 AM   #4
Camille Lore

Profile:  

Yeah. Most workouts look easy on paper.
Glad you're sticking with it. Someone told me to ease into it and do the scaled workouts-that this should be a lifetime thing, not a sprint.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:02 AM   #5
Matt DeMinico

Profile:

What is up with these workouts with a break? It seems like people get sick when there's a break inbetween the effort more than when it's just one straight "go" at it.

I get the same thing during speedskating workouts, if we're doing relays (typically 3 sets of 4 or 5 repetitions of 2-3 laps with a rest inbetween while the other 3 relay members are skating) which usually are about 20-40 seconds of work followed by about 50-100 seconds of rest, me and some of the other well conditioned skaters typically feel like we're going to yak.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:49 AM   #6
Gavin Harrison

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt DeMinico View Post
What is up with these workouts with a break? It seems like people get sick when there's a break inbetween the effort more than when it's just one straight "go" at it.

I get the same thing during speedskating workouts, if we're doing relays (typically 3 sets of 4 or 5 repetitions of 2-3 laps with a rest inbetween while the other 3 relay members are skating) which usually are about 20-40 seconds of work followed by about 50-100 seconds of rest, me and some of the other well conditioned skaters typically feel like we're going to yak.
Maybe move a little bit during your rest, pukie is the natural reaction to lactic acid building up on the muscles too quickly.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:59 AM   #7
Doug Holland

Profile:

I didnt puke doing Barbara today Robin, but on the last round on my 15 squat rep my legs gave way and I collapsed on the bench for about 3 seconds. The whole room was spinning and I felt like puking.

It wasn't my legs that were tired at all, just felt like I was breathing threw a straw when I needed a room full of air...lol

But, I told myself "get up you wimp, if you are going to puke it better be in the last 10 reps of this workout. Now get er' done looser!"

I stood up finished my last 10 squats and crashed on the floor telling myself, "don't puke...its over...Barbara is over."

Wheeew that was close.

Man I forgot to put that in my log today.

Doug
Old 03-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #8
Dan Heaney

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Owens View Post
Haha! Rookie!!
Old 03-25-2008, 09:57 AM   #9
Robin Owens

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Heaney View Post
Haha! Rookie!!
Rookie is right! I knew there was a reason I never changed that screen name.

Last edited by Robin Owens : 03-25-2008 at 10:01 AM.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:24 PM   #10
Marty Bialas

Profile:

Hey Robin.... Barbara was no joke... I didn't puke but I was freeking shot afterwards.... I would not have made it without my training partner pushing me, he finished several minutes ahead but pushed me through.

Do you ever come up to Lake Norman? I live and train in Huntersville with my buddy Josh.