CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Exercises
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exercises Movements, technique & proper execution

Old 12-18-2007, 01:34 AM   #1
Bryan Blake

Profile:
Returning to the clean position from the jerk or snatch

I've been having some trouble while doing jerks, push jerks or any type of snatches where multiple reps are required, mainly because I'm not quite sure how to return efficiently to the starting, clean or floor position. All of my attempts are coming off sloppy and I have to use less weight on the bar so as to safely come back from the jerk or snatch position.

As I'm the only CFer in my area - Naples, Italy - I rarely have a spotter, and my shoulders and wrists are always killing me after any of these lifts. Is the correct way to have a spotter help you offload the bar, bring your hands closer together while the bar is still at the catch, or bring it back down over your head with the wide grip?

Thanks for any advice on this one.

Bryan
Old 12-18-2007, 10:53 AM   #2
Steven Low

Profile:
Re: Returning to the clean position from the jerk or snatch

Preferably you have bumpers so you can just dump snatches from overhead.

If not, jerks are easier cause your hands are already closer you can just come down to rack then to hang and then to the floor. With snatch you have to do a combination of the first two down to hang which can be a bit rough on your thighs.

Wrist beating is fairly normal if you haven't had high stress weights on your wrists before. Try to get some conditioning in for them.