CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Digital Coaching
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Digital Coaching Post pictures or movies for critique and coaching

Old 09-09-2011, 07:43 PM   #1
Milton Brisson

Profile:
1000# Cft

I got to one of my main goals for the year today! The 1000# crossfit total!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Brisson View Post
Here are the videos of my CF Total today:

365# squat

385# squat

405# squat

445# deadlift

Quality isnt great, its from my cell phone. WFS links - unless you're gravity, then you will not like this!
The camera angle of the 405 squat wasnt great, but I want to make sure that the depth on that one is OK - anyone have some thoughts... Even if I only count my 385 squat, I still hit 1000!

they are not the prettiest squats, ut the weight went down, and came back up!

Thanks all
Old 09-09-2011, 07:57 PM   #2
Dave Traeger

Profile:
Re: 1000# Cft

The 405 isnt as pretty as the 385 but I'd count it.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
Jason Gavino

Profile:

dude..nice jorts
Old 09-22-2011, 01:27 PM   #4
Jason Vinson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Gavino View Post
dude..nice jorts
hahaha
Old 09-22-2011, 01:35 PM   #5
Eric Montgomery

Profile:

Not beautiful but I'd count it--full depth for sure. Focus on driving your knees out though, around the 13 second mark you can see your right foot rolling over inward to the point where it's no longer planted flat, so I can imagine your right knee turned in quite a bit too. Your left knee is in more than you'd like--I've got a feeling your right one is probably worse but I can't see it because of your body.

Also I'd recommend either turning around or hanging up a towel in front of you or something--I've found that squatting while facing a mirror is a huge mind-f%*$.

Can't tell too much on the deadlift based on the angle, but the amount that you had to rock your shins forward to contact the bar on setup leads me to believe you've got the bar a few inches forward of midfoot where you want it. There's also a slight amount of hitching which you can see with the double-knee bend around the 10-11 second mark, but not too bad.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:22 PM   #6
Milton Brisson

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Gavino View Post
dude..nice jorts
Jorts are a MUST for going heavy! THanks for noticing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Montgomery View Post
Not beautiful but I'd count it--full depth for sure. Focus on driving your knees out though, around the 13 second mark you can see your right foot rolling over inward to the point where it's no longer planted flat, so I can imagine your right knee turned in quite a bit too. Your left knee is in more than you'd like--I've got a feeling your right one is probably worse but I can't see it because of your body.

Also I'd recommend either turning around or hanging up a towel in front of you or something--I've found that squatting while facing a mirror is a huge mind-f%*$.

Can't tell too much on the deadlift based on the angle, but the amount that you had to rock your shins forward to contact the bar on setup leads me to believe you've got the bar a few inches forward of midfoot where you want it. There's also a slight amount of hitching which you can see with the double-knee bend around the 10-11 second mark, but not too bad.
Thanks Eric, I had never realized that I lost some contact with my foot there, will work on that for sure - and shoving my knees out has always been an issue when I shot for max squats. Again, more work needed!

I was worried about some hitching on the DL as well, I didnt think it was too bad as I didnt have to make a series of jerks to get the weight off my legs....I recently started lifting with an Inzer belt, and finding a comfortable way to lift in it has been difficult, thats why I was back a bit from the bar.

Thanks for the comments, I am definitely going to make an attempt to tighten up my form.