CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 03-09-2010, 12:39 PM   #11
Brandon Tullos

Profile:
Re: can you spot another crossfitter just by their appearance?

Some people may call it a crossfit "swagger" in the regular gym. They are looking at other people doing "normal" gym exercises going, "I can run 5k faster than him, i can C&J more than him, i can squat more than him." I know i am guilty lol...
Old 03-10-2010, 04:53 AM   #12
Owen Bird

Profile:

Funny, I had a crossfit stagger the other day...
Old 03-10-2010, 03:32 PM   #13
Graeme Howland

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon Tullos View Post
Some people may call it a crossfit "swagger" in the regular gym. They are looking at other people doing "normal" gym exercises going, "I can run 5k faster than him, i can C&J more than him, i can squat more than him." I know i am guilty lol...
If you train in a gym where you are the fastest sprinter, runner and the best weightlifter and powerlifter, there is something very wrong with said training facility.
Old 03-10-2010, 05:49 PM   #14
Brandon Tullos

Profile:

That is not what i meant lol...I rarely walk into a regular gym but when i do i look at some people and think that...there probably are people who are better in certain areas but i know for the strong guys i can run farther and for the little guys i can lift more.....
Old 03-11-2010, 12:36 AM   #15
Yahya Kohgadai

Profile:

ok so going back to what I was originally saying.. How the heck do you think he and I recognized each other? Neither of us was in the middle of any particular exercise nor did we have any equipment indicative of cf.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #16
Ray Ambury

Profile:

"He was just crouched down near a wall"

That was screaming handstand push-ups at me. Was he out of the way, no kit (maybe a skipping rope or whatever) and not looking like he was trying to work out the next new Fitball exercise he could try?

I often try and find some quiet floor space to do my workouts, really don't want people wandering behind me when I'm trying to do tabata burpies. Worst one was someone putting a bar down right in front of me when I was doing HSPU's against the wall. How did they think I was coming out or did they expect me to stay there all day (they apologised after they realised what they did so I should probably let that go)?

So basically. Guy doing bodyweight exercises, out of the way and looking like they might be getting focused would be my guess as to why you realised he was a crossfitter.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:38 AM   #17
Jamie J. Skibicki

Profile:

I've found my kit is growing. 4 inch inzer leather belt, wrist weight for smaller jumps on the db presses, log book, chalk.

Even more than being a CFer, some one who trains with intensity using the classic lifts is going to be the exception in most gyms. THe people that do that sort of thing will tend to know each other. There is a different look about those people. If you aren't that way, they are scary, if you are, it's dedicated and focused.

It's happened a few times at the weightlifting club. After training we'll go to a local eatery for food and maybe a drink and a new person will say something like "man, you guys are really different than you were at the gym". "Yeah, we aren't worried about missing lifts, having bad form or dropping a few hundred lbs on ourselves. Damn that bartender is hot"

Last edited by Jamie J. Skibicki : 03-11-2010 at 10:42 AM. Reason: THe bartender is really hot, honestly