CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Stuff and Nonsense
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Stuff and Nonsense For off-topic chatter. Keep it PG-13; no sex, politics or religion!

Old 09-03-2009, 10:37 AM   #1
Yahya Kohgadai

Profile:
For the first time in over a year...

I was able to sleep from night to morning w/o waking up ONCE! Though my sleep depth may not have been optimal, it's certainly a milestone. I'm on day 17 of Paleo and I'm sure it had a lot to do with it. Is there anyone here who's gone from totally horrible sleeping patterns to fair/good?

I sure hope I can finally cure my sleep issues w/Paleo and CrossFit. I'm definitely a happy camper right now
Old 09-03-2009, 11:05 AM   #2
Joe Shininger

Profile:
Re: For the first time in over a year...

Dude, that's awesome. I typically wake up 3-4 times a night (usually b/c I think I'm hungry), and I know how much it can mess with your day. Have you made any other changes besides Paleo (such as making your room darker, cutting out ambient noise) that might help account for the difference?
Old 09-03-2009, 08:56 PM   #3
Yahya Kohgadai

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Shininger View Post
Dude, that's awesome. I typically wake up 3-4 times a night (usually b/c I think I'm hungry), and I know how much it can mess with your day. Have you made any other changes besides Paleo (such as making your room darker, cutting out ambient noise) that might help account for the difference?
No... Actually I leave my computer on overnight. I you can definitely hear the hum of the fan when it's quiet. That may have something to do w/it.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:08 PM   #4
Joe Bernard

Profile:

Nice! I normally wake up in the middle of the night for no apparent reason. But making my room darker really helped my sleep. The sun would usually shine in throught the blinds and light it up, but now I can't tell what time of day it is until I remove the blankets from blinds. Works like a charm.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:32 AM   #5
Travis Loest

Profile:

cool,
dark (so dark it's like three feet up a gnats a$$. Even the charge light on a cell phone is too much light.)
and quite. (I can't do the quiet, I've got significant hearing loss and have that tinnitus{aka annoying ringing} in my ears. I've got to have something low and constant to drown it out)
Old 09-05-2009, 06:58 PM   #6
Michael Ricketts

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis Loest View Post
cool,
dark (so dark it's like three feet up a gnats a$$. Even the charge light on a cell phone is too much light.)
and quite. (I can't do the quiet, I've got significant hearing loss and have that tinnitus{aka annoying ringing} in my ears. I've got to have something low and constant to drown it out)
I have the same issue (several years of working around Jets) I can't sleep unless there is some white noise to keep the ringing from making me insane.

Quote:
I was able to sleep from night to morning w/o waking up ONCE! Though my sleep depth may not have been optimal, it's certainly a milestone. I'm on day 17 of Paleo and I'm sure it had a lot to do with it. Is there anyone here who's gone from totally horrible sleeping patterns to fair/good?

I sure hope I can finally cure my sleep issues w/Paleo and CrossFit. I'm definitely a happy camper right now
Awesome! From what I understand better quality sleep helps you to get better sleep the next night too. So hopefully this is the start of something great!