CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Competitions
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Competitions Competitions, contests & challenges

Old 08-06-2008, 06:34 AM   #71
Nick Fernandez

Profile:
Re: Kick The Sugar/Grains habit challenge

so ive 86'ed the coffee since splenda is out. black unsweetened coffee = teh suck. i actually find this pretty easy. i did "not so paleo" zone last week but the only grains i had were 1 slice of bread with lunch and oatmeal in the morning. u dont have to tell me twice not to eat oatmeal lol. i eat the natural oats one and BLAHHH i hate it. and i dont miss the bread too much. ive been doing the 3 eggs for breakfast in the morning but the the oatmeal gone ive found it pretty difficult to eat 5 blocks of carbs without any grains. i dont want to eat too much fruit though bc ive heard too much fructose could be a bad things. ive been doing a block of raw spinach, salsa, and blueberries, and 2 from an apple the last few mornings but the spinach is getting old. ill prolly hit up some mushrooms and peppers and make omeletes but this is going to get really old really fast i dont really "miss" any foods i used to eat i just gotta start mixing it up in the mornings. 2 days down 19 to go
Old 08-06-2008, 06:44 AM   #72
Jake Brown

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tereza Ohley View Post
Here's the skinny for those of you wannabe Cave People. We're seeing if we can do 21 days* without eating grains or sugar.
We start today, Monday Aug. 4th and end Sunday August 24th

Those are generally the devil foods, so besides that everything is fair game. We think this is the major thing that we need to take care of while moving to a cleaner diet. Later we can do some more fine tuning such as watching macros or eliminating dairy, alcohol, fruit, salt, caffeine or whatever. But "spirit of the law" here is to ease into eating a clean and paleo/primal diet.

*I picked 21 days because that's how long it takes to form a habit according to some sources. Which is probably bull but it sounded like a nice number. Besides, Danielle is going on a fabulous vacay in three weeks and she needs to be able to eat delicious once-in-a-lifetime foods.

Who's in?
Just noticed the urinal in your profile pic...............
Old 08-06-2008, 07:02 AM   #73
Caitlin McDonald

Profile:

Okay, so I decided to join this challenge. My food scale broke, so zoning is tough. Stop the bandwagon, I want to get on!! Count me in, starting today. I'm not cutting out splenda, though, cuz with school I've been living on espresso!!
Old 08-06-2008, 07:06 AM   #74
Danielle Benford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caitlin McDonald View Post
Okay, so I decided to join this challenge. My food scale broke, so zoning is tough. Stop the bandwagon, I want to get on!! Count me in, starting today. I'm not cutting out splenda, though, cuz with school I've been living on espresso!!
yay! Glad you could join us, Caitlin
Old 08-06-2008, 08:18 AM   #75
Justin Algera

Profile:

Damn, wish I would have seen this earlier, as it looks like everyone is kicking butt so far. Ill be doing this in October... Good job to everyone doing so well.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:22 AM   #76
Bob Guere

Profile:

Going good here. Wait, wait... did someone say Splenda is out? I put that in my coffee instead of my normal sugar-laden creamer ... oh well. It's not sugar...
Old 08-06-2008, 08:23 AM   #77
Caitlin McDonald

Profile:

I don't know about you guys, but fresh produce is off the hook right now in ND. Tonight I'm having fresh green beans, chicken and peaches. What's the view on fruit for paleo? As much as you want? Sparingly?
Old 08-06-2008, 08:59 AM   #78
Laura Kurth

Profile:

i would say, depends on the difference between 'sparingly' and 'how much you want'!!

If you feel like eating a dozen, then maybe you shouldn't.

If you had one, then you were hungry still and reached for a second peach, then I think that would probably be ok

I saw some peaches at whole foods yesterday that were HUGE. They were 2.99 a pound too, which I am guessing would be close to one peach. That's an expensive peach!

keep up the good work guys!
Old 08-06-2008, 09:00 AM   #79
Jacob Kulyn

Profile:

Ive cut grains and sugar out for the last few months and feel great, although i had a cheat day and went out to pizza last night. Also at my gym we are Sugar free rockstar addicts! We are buying cases of them now, i know its pathetic but thats how we roll so caffeine is still in
Old 08-06-2008, 09:07 AM   #80
Carla Tremblay

Profile:

You all are doing awesome!!!

I personally still use Splenda and creamer in my coffee in the morning. Once I get more consistent with my current diet changes (going for a modified paleo thing) I will try to cut that out and get used to unsweetened coffee...