CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 05-29-2007, 08:46 AM   #61
Celio Silva

Profile:
Take it easy Daniel! No need for you to get offensive!:nono0000:

Calling people "Rogan-haters" for presenting a critical view of his commentary is ignorant and rude of you. It's like calling you a Rogan-Nut-Hugger for sticking up to him! Not a very nice thing now, is it?!

Botton line is, people here were presenting a critical view of his performance as a commentator much like he presents a critical view of the fighters and their performance. As a commentator, he comments on the fighters, and as fans, we comment on everything regarding the event/sport. It's as simple as that!

"Nobody here could give commentary on an event nearly as well as he has done for years."

How do you know that??!

Your type of post is characteristic of sherdog.com, not CF's message board. So realize where you are and come correct when posting.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:28 AM   #62
Peter Queen

Profile:
Well said Celio. We can engage in healthy disagreement without becoming disagreeable.

Daniel, this site is filled with people who have knowledge beyond anything you could ever realize. So be careful not to make such blanketed statements in the future.:angry000:
Old 05-29-2007, 09:36 AM   #63
Becca Borawski

Profile:
Some of us also trained with Joe for a few years and know him personally. I honestly don't think Joe would have a problem with anyone expressing their opinion to him, whether it coincides or not. He's hardly a sensitive flower.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:27 PM   #64
Greg Hamilton

Profile:
i love mouthing off at joe and occasionally disagreeing with his comments, as well as coaching most of the fighters, all while sitting in my recliner and much the same way i coach two entire football teams at once on weekends during football season. i would imagine joe knows it comes with the territory and he's generally good at what he does.

jim lampley's comments during boxing matches have nearly caused me to hit the 'mute' button many times for several years. joe is definitely not in that category.

thanks for the link, celio. i've been out of town and missed it. i'm glad i didn't pay for this one because of the quick ko.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:48 PM   #65
Timothy Cox

Profile:
There were some pretty good fights though. I don't regret ordering it.
Old 05-30-2007, 08:54 AM   #66
Franklin Shogie

Profile:
Chuck Liddell is 10 years older than Jackson.

do you think that the age difference was a factor in the fight?
Old 05-30-2007, 09:20 AM   #67
Matthew Nielsen

Profile:
I'm sure it was a huge factor. We all know the older you get, the lower you keep your hands.

:wallbash:
Old 05-30-2007, 12:34 PM   #68
Becca Borawski

Profile:
LOL!

If it had gone five rounds you might be able to argue that conditioning, and therefore age, played into it. But with the fight being as short as it was, I don't think age was part of it.
Old 05-30-2007, 05:19 PM   #69
Daniel Schmieding

Profile:
I apologize for seeming offensive.

Peter, I'm fully aware of the depth of knowledge in the CrossFit forums, as I've been here for some time. Saying "nobody" could commentate as well as Joe was off-base. I still can't agree with the statement that our commentary on him is analogous to his commentary on the fighters. He is providing a public service, in essence, and putting his reputation/job on the line when he commentates.

On the other hand, I didn't think of what Becca said: I'm sure Rogan wouldn't give a crap, because he is "hardly a sensitive flower."

Does anybody here think UFC will hype Rampage vs Henderson by straining their friendship? I remember it being hard to swallow when Hughes and GSP was being hyped, because neither of them really seemed to be sincerely trash talking the other.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:47 PM   #70
Becca Borawski

Profile:
I predict that Rampage will harrass Henderson to no end in regards to his lack of front teeth -- he already started it right after the Liddell KO!