CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 04-19-2006, 12:13 PM   #11
Ray Cooper

Profile:
Log flips for time or distance (alot like tire flips) are pretty kick ***. Plus, logs are very well suited for all sorts of partner idiocy.
Old 04-20-2006, 07:18 PM   #12
James Forbes

Profile:
Great input by everyone. I'm going to call my local power company next week and see about getting some poles.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:36 PM   #13
Jibreel Freeland

Profile:
I always wanted to put a telephone pole/log into the ground at an angle and attach climbing holds to it for an overhang, with a rope hanging from the end so that one can start with a rope climb and descend via climbing holds or vice versa.

The possibilities truly are endless...so many ways to workout...so little time...
Old 04-20-2006, 10:34 PM   #14
Pierre Auge

Profile:
Logs make great peg boards too!

David Ristau: Side note

I'm not sure if 1 or 3 RCR still do log drills in Petawawa but I know they don't run Battle Schools there anymore!! They run them in meaford,wainwright and valcartier, shilo and the units don't run them anymore. A Training unit runs what they call "Basic Infantry Qualifications" (BIQ) now where they aren't even allowed to do more then 25 push-ups and runs have to be approved by the unit commander (and that doesn't happen much) the only PT the recruits get now is CQC (close quarters combat) its what they replaced unarmed combat with. Its a pretty good system takes from systema, kick boxing (similar stance to what John Hackleman teaches) BJJ, and the more leathal parts of the old Un-Armed combat. It's a sad state of afairs.

Oh and I'm not sure but the course here in shilo I haven't heard them get yeld at yet very odd.