CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #41
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:
Re: Review of Get Rx'd Equipment

I'm not really that active of a CL user, but personally I don't see a problem with posting a business ad on CL unless it's against policy. I have no idea whether or not it is.

- Mark
Old 01-28-2012, 06:01 PM   #42
Danielle Chollet

Profile:

The thing is craigslist is meant to be a local resource and it is against their terms of service to spam other cities with ads for a houston company. I get annoyed when a big globo equipment company does it, so just because it's a crossfit company doesn't make it okay.

Advertising your Houston wares in the Houston CL or nearby cities CL is within the terms of service, but outside of that it is spamming by CL's definition.

What difference does it make if just one company you like is doing this?

Well, if every company did that, your listings would be so cluttered it would be impossible to sort out the spam from the stuff you do want to see. Ask yourself if you want to see Amazon.com advertising hundreds of their fitness sale items on your local Craigslist.
Old 01-28-2012, 08:06 PM   #43
Mike Moris

Profile:

^^^^ This is a good point.. I got hit with them here in NJ and thought it was spam.. Fitnessbeast does this and there have been so many negative reviews of them..

On a positive I am glad I saw the reviews here, I will look into a purchase since there were some positive recomendations from the forum..

When will your bands be back in stock? Site says in the next week or so? I will def order some, and is the price for a pair or one? Thanks..
Old 01-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #44
Jeremy Galo

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lian View Post
if we can keep our advertising costs down than that means the sale prices of our equipment can stay low too.
Believe me, I'm all for low prices on equipment. If it's truly to "get the name out"... then whatever. I'm not some crazy rule following nut, but it's when the rule-breaking becomes chronic that it gets annoying. Seeing an ad or two isn't a big deal but it's when I see the same ads getting reposted weekly or more that it gets annoying when it pops up on my searches when I look for used equipment. You aren't the only business that does it... but you're one of many and as a Crossfit company, I'd hate to lump you in the same category. Like I said, I just think it's tacky. I'm at least glad I heard from you here on these boards first instead of coming across the CL ads.

The way I see it though... you guys do have amazingly low priced stuff. That's not something that gets kept quiet for long around here. Prices on your GHDs are indeed cheap as hell for something (as far I can see in the pictures/vids) as good quality as it seems. If your equipment performs as good as it looks and holds up to the rigors of heavy and repeated workloads, then the tacky spam advertising will no longer be necessary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark E. Wallace View Post
but personally I don't see a problem with posting a business ad on CL unless it's against policy. I have no idea whether or not it is.
Here's what the Craigslist TOS says:

v) post non-local or otherwise irrelevant Content, repeatedly post the
same or similar Content or otherwise impose an unreasonable or
disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;

w) post the same item or service in more than one classified category or
forum, or in more than one metropolitan area;

Now I don't know how to defined "disproportionately large load" and to be fair, I've only seen 2 postings from Get Rxed. With that said, 2 postings isn't a big deal but as Danielle said... what if EVERY company did that.

As to the second point... Phoenix is just one of the metropolitan areas in AZ so they're definitely abusing the multiple posting rule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle Chollet View Post
What difference does it make if just one company you like is doing this?

Well, if every company did that, your listings would be so cluttered it would be impossible to sort out the spam from the stuff you do want to see. Ask yourself if you want to see Amazon.com advertising hundreds of their fitness sale items on your local Craigslist.
This is exactly my point! Thank you! My Craigslist here in AZ already has tens of companies doing the same thing in the sporting goods section alone and wading through a bunch of fake postings gets tiring.

Anyway, I'm not here to drag this thread down any further. I wish Get Rx'd the best of luck. (But hey at least drop the Phoenix ads haha)

Last edited by Jeremy Galo : 01-30-2012 at 11:01 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 08:50 AM   #45
Mike Lian

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Galo View Post

The way I see it though... you guys do have amazingly low priced stuff. That's not something that gets kept quiet for long around here. Prices on your GHDs are indeed cheap as hell for something (as far I can see in the pictures/vids) as good quality as it seems. If your equipment performs as good as it looks and holds up to the rigors of heavy and repeated workloads, then the tacky spam advertising will no longer be necessary.
Jeremy - I'm going to PM you a way so that you don't have to see our ads again if you don't want to. Will keep this in mind moving forward; however, can't guarantee it won't happen again. Thank you for your thoughts on this. It has given us something to think about for the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Benson View Post
I bought some equipment (bumper plates, med ball, rings, etc) a while back from GetRx'd, and I've had zero problems. I live in Houston so I just went and picked everything up. I got to meet the guys and they're all first class guys. They were eager to make sure I was happy with everything. This is my go to place to get equipment. Looking forward to getting a squat rack from them pretty soon.

In regards to the Craigslist ads, they're just getting their name out there. Chris nailed it in his post. I'd be doing the same thing if I was in their shoes. And keep in mind, these guys have made a strong showing at the crossfit events I've been to lately. They set up shop, show some equipment, and talk to the people in the crossfit community.

Austin
Appreciate the review Austin. Will be shouting you out on our facebook page!

PS - Michael Houghton,

Let us know what you think about those bars when you receive them!

Last edited by Mike Lian : 01-31-2012 at 09:05 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 01:25 PM   #46
Taylor Samora-Dietz

Profile:
http://board.crossfit.com/index.phpRe: Review of Get Rx'd Equipment

Mike,

How much does shipping usually cost/lb from Get rx'd? I called and emailed you guys a few times and I never got a response. I live in Phoenix, AZ btw.
Old 01-31-2012, 02:08 PM   #47
Mike Lian

Profile:
Re: http://board.crossfit.com/index.phpRe: Review of Get Rx'd Equipment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taylor Samora-Dietz View Post
Mike,

How much does shipping usually cost/lb from Get rx'd? I called and emailed you guys a few times and I never got a response. I live in Phoenix, AZ btw.
Hey Taylor,

I was double-checking our records and you should've gotten a quote from matthew@getrxd.com on 1/26. I let him know to resend the e-mail, so you should have it in your inbox now. Maybe check spam also?
Old 02-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #48
Quinn Walkley

Profile:

What days are you open and the hours?
Old 02-01-2012, 09:25 PM   #49
Milton West

Profile:

You guys wouldn't happen to be shooting a video for the Power Cage would you? Just wanted to see someone doing kipping pull-ups, and maybe dropping a lil weight on the safety bars. I'm looking to place an order this weekend, and just wanted to make sure it's stable.
Old 02-01-2012, 09:48 PM   #50
Michael Houghton

Profile:

I'm expecting the bars tomorrow, and will let you all know! I'm super excited to find something at such a great price. The customer service was beyond excellent to this point. I received emails back almost instantly, and spoke with Mike on the phone. They worked to get the best price on shipping for me, and to get the bars out as fast as possible. I will be ordering everything from them from now on. Total for 2 bars was about 160 each, including shipping. That's awesome in my book.