CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Equipment
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Equipment Outfitting a serious gym. Vendors & suppliers. Devices & equipment

Old 01-25-2012, 02:02 PM   #31
Michael Houghton

Profile:
Re: Review of Get Rx'd Equipment

I just ordered a couple of new bars for our gym. Awesome price! Can't wait to have them shipped. Even with shipping, they will be cheaper than anything else I've seen for the quality.
Old 01-25-2012, 02:09 PM   #32
Mike Lian

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dong View Post
This is all good news to hear for me. I have been shopping around and found that Rxd is by far the cheapest. Plus, they are here in town!! So, I get to save on shipping! WOD: For time, load and unload truck of bumpers and other equipment as fast as you can...3...2...1...GO!

I will be doing business with them shortly...Mike, this is Mark Dong of Krav Fit Now / CrossFit Detonate. I spoke with you awhile back and bought a speed rope from you. I have been working with Matt on pricing quotes for my Box.
Hey Mark,

I remember, we drive by your place at least once per week. We have TONS of new products on display in our showroom. Come by and check them out next time you have some free time!
Old 01-26-2012, 01:15 PM   #33
Milton West

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lian View Post
Hey Milton/Quinn,

Sorry about that - We made some upgrades to the power cage recently and forgot to update the photo. Check out the website now for updated pic:

http://www.getrxd.com/racks/racks/power-cage.html (WFS)
What's the weight limit for the cage?
Old 01-26-2012, 02:23 PM   #34
Mark Dong

Profile:

Quote:
Hey Mark,

I remember, we drive by your place at least once per week. We have TONS of new products on display in our showroom. Come by and check them out next time you have some free time!
Im gonna try to come by between 10:30 - 11:00 AM tomorrow.
Old 01-27-2012, 08:48 AM   #35
Mike Lian

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton West View Post
What's the weight limit for the cage?
Hey Milton,

It's a 500# capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Dong View Post
Im gonna try to come by between 10:30 - 11:00 AM tomorrow.
Awesome! See you soon : )
Old 01-27-2012, 10:15 AM   #36
Jeremy Galo

Profile:

Just wanted to throw this out there...

Browsing through Craigslist, I ran across an ad for Get RX'd. I always hated it when companies throw their ads in Craigslist. There are a few companies who spam the local classifieds here and it's extremely annoying having to weed through their ads to find the actual local ads. If you want to advertise, pay for it like other businesses do or let word of mouth from satisfied customers spread. So far it was only one posting so it's not terrible and I don't really mind that so much... but I sincerely hope I don't start seeing repeated listings from them. It's just tacky in my opinion.

Wright, Rogue, Pendlay... those guys will always have my business.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #37
Mike Lian

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Galo View Post

Browsing through Craigslist, I ran across an ad for Get RX'd. I always hated it when companies throw their ads in Craigslist. There are a few companies who spam the local classifieds here and it's extremely annoying having to weed through their ads to find the actual local ads. If you want to advertise, pay for it like other businesses do or let word of mouth from satisfied customers spread. So far it was only one posting so it's not terrible and I don't really mind that so much... but I sincerely hope I don't start seeing repeated listings from them. It's just tacky in my opinion.

Hey Jeremy,

I'm owning up to this one. I'm doing what I can to let the world know about us.

To look at it from a different perspective, if we can keep our advertising costs down than that means the sale prices of our equipment can stay low too.

Those are 3 great companies with unique strengths. I believe Get Rx'd has its own unique strengths as well.

Last edited by Mike Lian : 01-28-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 01-28-2012, 11:49 AM   #38
Jose Sanchez

Profile:

Quote:
Hey Jeremy,

I'm owning up to this one. I'm doing what I can to let the world know about us.

To look at it from a different perspective, if we can keep our advertising costs down than that means the sale prices of our equipment can stay low too.

Those are 3 great companies with unique strengths. I believe Get Rx'd has its own unique strengths as well.
Mike, I think your right on this one. Advertising is letting people know you have good products at a great price. Whether it is paid advertising or posting a flyer on a post, its smart business marketing. I'm in the bayarea California, our craigslist has several companies that advertise on the site . I don't know why anyone would be mad about it, a simple movement of the finger takes you to the next ad.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #39
Chris H Kelly

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Galo View Post

I found Get Rx'd through Craigslist here in Houston. I just opened my box this past month. If it wasn't for me finding Get Rx'd through Craigslist, I would not have been able to get as much equipment for the amount of money I had saved to open the gym. Get Rx'd's equipment has far surpassed my expectations, and I have yet to have one person that did not think we were a professional box, and no one has complained about the equipment. We have Get Rx'd bars, bumpers, racks, KB's, DB's, Med balls, speed ropes. Everything in our gym is Get Rx'd! Its good stuff, for a great price.

As a business owner, I understand, sometimes you need to take advantage of free things, like Craigslist. But think about this one, Majority, if not all of the equipment you find (at least what is on houston's craigslist) is more expensive than what Get Rx'd sells brand new. I stopped looking at Craigslist after realizing this.

So hate on them if you want, but look at there prices. I think they belong on Craigslist, to show you, that you can get brand new quality equipment for the same price these jokers are trying to sell used Academy equipment. Go check their page out and see for yourself. Anyone is free to come by my gym and go through a WOD with our Get Rx'd equipment.

Chris Kelly
CrossFit Baytown
Old 01-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #40
Austin Benson

Profile:

I've been reading this thread for the past week and I finally wanted to put my 2 cents in. I bought some quipment (bumper plates, med ball, rings, etc) a while back from GetRx'd, and I've had zero problems. I live in Houston so I just went and picked everything up. I got to meet the guys and they're all first class guys. They were eager to make sure I was happy with everything. This is my go to place to get equipment. Looking forward to getting a squat rack from them pretty soon.

In regards to the Craigslist ads, they're just getting their name out there. Chris nailed it in his post. I'd be doing the same thing if I was in their shoes. And keep in mind, these guys have made a strong showing at the crossfit events I've been to lately. They set up shop, show some equipment, and talk to the people in the crossfit community.

Austin