CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 09-09-2007, 06:47 AM   #1
Guy Kernow

Profile:
Limited by Equipment, a Problem?

Hi,
I have only just discovered cross fit, and I have really enjoyed the WODs I have attempted so far. I feel I could stick with Cross Fit for a long time. Even though I would say I am fit, cross fit WOD's exhausts me on many levels at the same time!

Unfortunately the equipment I am limited to is dumb bells (with about 50kg of weight), a 5kg medicine ball and an area to do pull ups. I really cant afford to join a gym so I am hoping to make do with the equipment I have or can get hold of cheaply. Is it possible to stick to a suitable standard of cross fit seeing noticable gains (strength) with the limited equipment I have, or any equipment that can be bought at minimal expense. Up to now when there has been a WOD I can not do with equipment I have, I have subsituted a WOD that I can do with the equipment available. Is this ok?

I have spend so long scouring the boards, Too long and sometime I get really confused with the technical terms. Eventually I just chucked myself into it, and now feel all the better for it. The cross fit community seems really strong another thing which attracted me to the program.

Thanks
Guy
Old 09-09-2007, 11:52 AM   #2
Patrick Donnelly

Profile:
Re: Limited by Equipment, a Problem?

More equipment means you have more options, but it isn't at all necessary. There are scores of bodyweight WOD's you can do, or ones were you incorporate things like park tables, rocks, water jugs, etc. You can go very far with what you already have.

Here's a .TXT with cheap equipment you ought to get for a well-equipped home gym:
http://board.crossfit.com/attachment...2&d=1187523573 (Safe.)
Old 09-09-2007, 02:05 PM   #3
David Aguasca

Profile:
Re: Limited by Equipment, a Problem?

if you have limited equipment and space options check out:

www.rosstraining.com (WFS except for music in some videos)

Ross is an irreplaceable resource for low-budget (yet extremely effective) strength and conditioning ideas.

www.beastskills.com (WFS)

Jim Bathurst's site is another great place for low equipment ideas...mostly in the realm of gymnastics strength progressions.