CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2010, 03:35 AM   #1
Danim Suer
Member Danim Suer is offline
 
Danim Suer's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver  BC Canada
Posts: 54
Shogun Highlight video

I just learned how to use pitivi to edit videos and made my first video...a Shogun fight highlight video! It covers his fights in Brasil on the smaller shows to Pride and finally the UFC. Let me know what you guys think.

Use your own discretion concerning link safety. I would say it's safe for everybody/everywhere...but I'm not normal so I'll say it is NSFWF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2EWZMdjO1U
__________________
http://MMADeal.com | Latest and hottest fashions in MMA.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:02 AM   #2
Ned Ferguson
Member Ned Ferguson is offline
 
Ned Ferguson's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Knoxville  TN
Posts: 435
Re: Shogun Highlight video

Looks good. How many hours do you have in that?

If I had my way, soccer kicks and foot stomps would still be allowed. Another reason I can't stand John McCain. He tried to ban MMA altogether.
__________________
Extremism in the defense of liberty is no vice! God Bless America.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 07:44 AM   #3
Chance Adams
Affiliate Chance Adams is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Durant  OK
Posts: 30
Re: Shogun Highlight video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Ferguson View Post
If I had my way, soccer kicks and foot stomps would still be allowed. Another reason I can't stand John McCain. He tried to ban MMA altogether.
He half-heartedly condoned MMA in the recent months saying the sport had "matured". However, his change of heart coincided with Budweiser becoming a sponsor for UFC, which is his wife's family company....interesting.
__________________
DL - a bus, SQ - volkswagen, C&J - smart car, OHS - mountain bike...maybe two
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:06 PM   #4
Danim Suer
Member Danim Suer is offline
 
Danim Suer's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Vancouver  BC Canada
Posts: 54
Re: Shogun Highlight video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Ferguson View Post
Looks good. How many hours do you have in that?

If I had my way, soccer kicks and foot stomps would still be allowed. Another reason I can't stand John McCain. He tried to ban MMA altogether.
Do you mean how many hours it took to make it or how many hours of video I had to choose from? It took about 2 days to make and maybe 2-3 hours of Shogun footage to work with. Thankfully, he finished most of his fights quickly.

I second the support for soccer kicks, foot stomps, and knees to a downed opponent. Hanging out in the turtle/4 point position shouldn't be tolerated as a rest position!
__________________
http://MMADeal.com | Latest and hottest fashions in MMA.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 04:09 PM   #5
Josh Groves
Member Josh Groves is offline
 
Josh Groves's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Woodlands  TX
Posts: 134
Re: Shogun Highlight video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danim Suer View Post
Do you mean how many hours it took to make it or how many hours of video I had to choose from? It took about 2 days to make and maybe 2-3 hours of Shogun footage to work with. Thankfully, he finished most of his fights quickly.

I second the support for soccer kicks, foot stomps, and knees to a downed opponent. Hanging out in the turtle/4 point position shouldn't be tolerated as a rest position!
They could make it like Judo and stand them up after 8 seconds.
__________________
CF-L1, Movement & Mobility, Endurance
Blog: PeakHumanPerformance (WFS)
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
Troy Becker
Member Troy Becker is offline
 
Profile:
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Reno  NV
Posts: 1,118
Re: Shogun Highlight video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh Groves View Post
They could make it like Judo and stand them up after 8 seconds.
I thought they already did
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:08 PM   #7
michael Galietta
Member michael Galietta is offline
 
michael Galietta's Avatar
 
Profile:
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Portland  ME
Posts: 146
Re: Shogun Highlight video

Speaking of highlights, I have to admit about once a month I search You Tube for "Fedor highlights" and watch them. Dude is scary....but I think I could take him. "IF" he is hogtied, blindfolded and I get to sneak up on him with a baseball bat. Maybe I'd bring a bazooka, too.
__________________
48/male/6'/200 "It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard... is what makes it great."
  Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Shogun/Machida debate Ryan Hoegner CrossPit 23 11-09-2009 09:14 PM
Mark Hunt Highlight by Mick B Matthew Nielsen CrossPit 4 05-14-2006 10:49 AM
***Andy Hug Highlight*** Matthew Nielsen CrossPit 2 03-26-2006 05:49 PM
Mick 'B Highlight - Mark Hunt Matthew Nielsen CrossPit 0 03-24-2006 10:07 PM
Ramba M16 Sombet Highlight Video Matthew Nielsen CrossPit 1 03-24-2006 12:50 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
CrossFit is a registered trademark of CrossFit Inc.