CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:42 PM   #1
Nicholas Bradford

Profile:
Looking for a Few Good Trainers

Hey, I am looking to open an Affiliate in Bremerton WA. I have a great space lined up but I need a couple people who want to jump in to this with me. I have one of those "jobs" so I don't have a ton of time to train... But am passionate about creating a community of health and fitness - through CrossFit.

Anyone have people in the Bremerton (Kitsap) area. Or know where I could recruit?

Nicholas
Old 01-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #2
Brian Strump

Profile:
Re: Looking for a Few Good Trainers

Are you planning on doing the majority of the training, or just looking to open and hire some trainers? At what pay? What other duties are you going to expect from them? Paperwork, mop floors, clean bathrooms, etc.

IMO, if you're looking at this like a cool thing to run, and hire trainers; it won't take long before they think(and they may be right) that they can run this without you.....and jump ship with its members. People underestimate the power of the community, and relationships in the affiliate.

Just wanted to point out some things to consider. If you'll plan to hire a full time "gym manager/trainer" pay them well(enough to live, and save), possibly with benefits, then you have a much greater chance of keeping your employees. I'm fortunate, and did not go that route, yet. Although I have trainers that have been with me for almost 3 years. I've been very fortunate with the trainers I have hired.