CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > Running a CrossFit Facility
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Running a CrossFit Facility Tips and guidance on how to open and operate a CrossFit gym.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:57 PM   #1
Pär Larsson

Profile:
beyondthewhiteboard.com v. noscrolls.com v. www.logsitall.com WOD data tracking??

Been wondering why my beloved CrossFit SoCal doesn't put all the times and weights and mods that gets written on a big whiteboard every day onto some internet location where everyone can go look at it whenever.

I came to the conclusion that the data entry and administrative burden is just too much.

Sooner or later I'll be on my own or trying to start a box or something with just a few people, and searched for a bit to try to find a decent solution.

I found:
beyondthewhiteboard.com
noscrolls.com
www.logsitall.com

Questions:
1. Are these the big current players in the market?
2. Has the official CrossFit.com people ever looked into central way for people to track their gym members' and informal athletes' performance beyond people just posting comments to each day's WOD?

Keep in mind that I couldn't care less about making my numbers into an online competition against people I've never met. I'd just like to track all the data that normally goes up on a whiteboard in a gym and then gets erased the next morning. That way people could look at it at their leisure.

Cheers.

Last edited by Pär Larsson : 06-05-2010 at 06:58 PM. Reason: clarity
Old 06-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
Diego Sommariva

Profile:
Re: beyondthewhiteboard.com v. noscrolls.com v. www.logsitall.com WOD data tracking??

www.withfit.com (WFS)

There's a personal section and an affiliate section to track clients' workouts. I use it and have had friends switch to it because it is really quite versatile.

Diego
Old 06-07-2010, 01:22 PM   #3
Ryan Hoegner

Profile:
Re: beyondthewhiteboard.com v. noscrolls.com v. www.logsitall.com WOD data tracking??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pär Larsson View Post
Been wondering why my beloved CrossFit SoCal doesn't put all the times and weights and mods that gets written on a big whiteboard every day onto some internet location where everyone can go look at it whenever.

I came to the conclusion that the data entry and administrative burden is just too much.

Sooner or later I'll be on my own or trying to start a box or something with just a few people, and searched for a bit to try to find a decent solution.

I found:
beyondthewhiteboard.com
noscrolls.com
www.logsitall.com

Questions:
1. Are these the big current players in the market?
2. Has the official CrossFit.com people ever looked into central way for people to track their gym members' and informal athletes' performance beyond people just posting comments to each day's WOD?

Keep in mind that I couldn't care less about making my numbers into an online competition against people I've never met. I'd just like to track all the data that normally goes up on a whiteboard in a gym and then gets erased the next morning. That way people could look at it at their leisure.

Cheers.
Par,

You are right..it's just too much work for the affiliate.

We have an account with beyondthewhiteboard.com and recommend all of our members join, too. We have a computer on the floor that any member can log on to enter their times/weights after a wod or check their previous time/weights prior to a WOD. Or they just take a cell phone pic of the whiteboard and post it when they get home. Beyondthewhitebpard.com is a fantastic site. I highly recommend it.

Ryan
Old 06-14-2010, 08:54 PM   #4
Matt Rodgers

Profile:

I second Ryan.

I really like Beyondthewhiteboard.
Old 06-15-2010, 03:55 AM   #5
Thomas Covington

Profile:

WithFit, which I joined last week, is by far the quickest & most versatile one I have tried, but I have never heard of noscrolls before.
Old 06-25-2010, 08:21 AM   #6
Mike Porter

Profile:

May I also recommend WOD Club. www.wodclub.com (WFS)
Old 06-27-2010, 07:14 PM   #7
Matthew Wade

Profile:

Let me also recommend WOD Club. Mike set up our Affiliate today and so far I love it. Easy to use, nice look and cool community features. Looks just like an extension of our website.
Old 07-09-2010, 11:27 PM   #8
Roger Harrell

Profile:

SSP
Also
http://www.athleticslog.com WFS
Old 07-10-2010, 05:52 AM   #9
Mark E. Wallace

Profile:

Do any of these allow the individual user to add his/her own exercise? From time to time, our box throws a movement into a WOD that isn't listed in (in our case) BTWB's exercise database. This makes me have to either (1) select the next closest movement or (2) overlook it and just record the rest of the workout.

- Mark
Old 07-10-2010, 07:59 AM   #10
Ned Ferguson

Profile:

My experience is somewhat limited b/c I just signed up at BTWB about a week ago. I don't know anything about noscrolls. I first signed up for a free account at logsitall but I found it to be confusing and hard to use. The premium version costs $10. I looked through the FAQ and could not find anything about customizing my workout. That is not to say that you can't do it, just that I found it difficult to navigate and learn. I do not currently follow the main site. I do strength bias with a metcon afterwards and I often make up my own metcon so I must have a customizable journal.

Next I tried BTWB (30 day trial). I found it intuitive, easy to use, and highly customizable. You can create any workout that you want. It is also easy to integrate with facebook/twitter. It is more expensive ($30/yr I think) but worth the extra cost IMO. You can tell that a lot of thought and effort went into making BTWB wasy to use. I am very happy.