CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > CrossFit Forum > Starting
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starting For newcomers to the CrossFit methodology

Old 12-26-2007, 11:40 AM   #1
Carlos Cristan

Profile:
Intro - Carlos

Hi Everyone! I've been doing the WOD's now pretty religiously for about a month. I guess I must've done my first workout last Sep-Oct 06. but didn't do them very regularly due to lack of equipment and other issues. I was in a motorcycle accident in August this year that I have been recovering from since then. I'm 64" 212# 33yom, I'm probably walking around 18# heavier than normal due to lack of activity(mostly due to recovery from my accident), poor diet, and to be very honest an alcohol abuse problem. I thought coming off booze, I would automatically lose weight, but it has wreaked havoc on my blood sugar I guess, because I get sugar cravings and the like. I have absolutely dedicated myself to sticking to crossfit, which I think is a good start. I know I need work on my diet, and the seed has been planted about zone and paleo from the discussions, forums, and boards. I just need to do the legwork and research to figure out how which one will best suit my needs and how to do it. Im a pro at cutting weight due to wrestling in high school, and more recently I had (before accident) been competing in amateur submission grappling competitions, where I'd compete at 179#, but want this weight loss to be not only healthy but permanent. I love the WOD's although they are often times very intimidating to me due to my poor physical health, but I love the challenge and very rarely scale. I have been aquiring equipment little by little and have enough to do about 90% of WOD's without subbing. Although, I did my 1st workout over a year ago, I have not regularly completed the WOD's until this last month, and I have never formally introduced myself to the community so Hi Everyone, and I'd just like to say that crossfit is only one aspect of a new way of life Im trying to implement for myself. Thanks Coach, everyone who posts on the comments and formus, and all who help to motivate me through the video demos.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:27 PM   #2
Arden Cogar Jr.

Profile:
Re: Intro - Carlos

Welcome Aboard Carlos.....we are all special and we wouldn't be here if we weren't.

Excellent progress in the time you've been following the protocols. Keep up the hard work.

Enjoy the ride.

All the best,
Arden
Old 12-26-2007, 01:40 PM   #3
Nick Harris

Profile:

Welcome aboard Carlos! Stick with Crossfit! You will be happy with the results. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Old 12-26-2007, 03:19 PM   #4
Lenora Galitz-Pfeffer

Profile:

Welcome to cf, Carlos! You'll love what it does for you. This is only my 6th week, and metabolically I'm a different person. You'll crave this more than the sugar or the alcohol. Use whatever equipment you have. This is low-tech and low budget.
Old 12-26-2007, 07:15 PM   #5
Steven Rogers

Profile:

Welcome aboard! I'm relative new to CrossFit as well, but I think it's a keeper.