CrossFit Discussion Board  

Go Back   CrossFit Discussion Board > Community > CrossPit
CrossFit Home Forum Site Rules CrossFit FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CrossPit For discussing MMA, UFC, Pride fighting, and other martial arts

Old 12-09-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
Andrew Burry

Profile:
UFC knows Koscheck doesn't stand a chance

At least when GSP fought Thiago Alves, he was "the biggest and strongest welterweight Georges has ever fought" and when he fought BJ he was "fighting a legend" but I mean Josh Koscheck.. they can't even hype this fight.. good guy vs. bad guy..

Koscheck can't beat eggs and GSP is the whole hen farm.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:03 PM   #2
Sean Dunston

Profile:
Re: UFC knows Koscheck doesn't stand a chance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Burry View Post
At least when GSP fought Thiago Alves, he was "the biggest and strongest welterweight Georges has ever fought" and when he fought BJ he was "fighting a legend" but I mean Josh Koscheck.. they can't even hype this fight.. good guy vs. bad guy..

Koscheck can't beat eggs and GSP is the whole hen farm.
You're right. I just hope that GSP doesn't finish him too quickly. 3 rounds of tenderizing him before he finishes him (KO, TKO or submission - I don't really care which) would be great.
Old 12-09-2010, 09:15 PM   #3
Doug Blankenship

Profile:

Kos isn't as weak as some of you make him out to be. The man can fight and has beaten decent fighters not named Thiago and GSP. Will he beat GSP? Most likely not, but to say the man is complete garbage and couldn't beat eggs is not accurate at all.

I'm not a Kos fan, but respect the guy for stepping in and fighting when other fighters got hurt. And winning those fights.
Old 12-10-2010, 04:15 AM   #4
Andrew Burry

Profile:

Hopefully we'll see GSP move up to Middleweight after his next fight with Jake Shields. What is truly disappointing is that Koscheck seems to be the better fighter than Shields, judging by his awful UFC debut. The Welterweight division's well has dried up. Only if GSP were to lost to one of these fighters would it become exciting again. Otherwise, notch two more wins Georges and move on up to Middleweight, a division that even more desperately needs an infusion of new contenders.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:13 AM   #5
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

GSP lifts weights for the the abz........

Quote:
GSP:"The only reason it is good to lift weights, to do bench press, and stuff like that, I believe, is because it is going to make me more marketable, and to keep myself looking more symmetric, with a better image... Which is very important, because if you look good, you feel good, and if you feel good, you do good. There's nothing wrong with that you know."

Rogan: "You lift weights for looks?"

GSP: "Yeah, I lift weights for looks. Yeah, I am gonna admit it. Sometimes after I'm training, I'm gonna lift weights, but I'm not doing it because I'm gonna punch harder, or I'm gonna be stronger, because it has nothing to do with it. I'm doing it because you know, I want to to be like you know, have a good shape. I do it for myself."
I know it doesn't mean anything, but I thought it was funny. Rogan seemed baffled.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:45 AM   #6
Sean Dunston

Profile:

:crying:

I think I just heard Santa kill a kitten.
Old 12-10-2010, 09:59 AM   #7
David Meverden

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean Dunston View Post
You're right. I just hope that GSP doesn't finish him too quickly. 3 rounds of tenderizing him before he finishes him (KO, TKO or submission - I don't really care which) would be great.
The LAST thing I'm worried about with GSP is him finishing someone too quickly. The GSP fight's I've seen have just been GSP cautiously dancing around and occasionally sitting on his opponent then wining the decision. Three of his last 4 wins have been by decision and his last one against Koscheck was by decision. I think he'll do the same here, just be careful, control the pace of things, stay out of trouble, and let the score cards do the talking. My opnion of that:
Old 12-10-2010, 10:08 AM   #8
Jason R O'Dell

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Meverden View Post
The LAST thing I'm worried about with GSP is him finishing someone too quickly. The GSP fight's I've seen have just been GSP cautiously dancing around and occasionally sitting on his opponent then wining the decision. Three of his last 4 wins have been by decision and his last one against Koscheck was by decision. I think he'll do the same here, just be careful, control the pace of things, stay out of trouble, and let the score cards do the talking. My opnion of that:
Isn't that like the Greg Jackson way?
Old 12-10-2010, 04:09 PM   #9
Andrew Burry

Profile:

What was with GSP's comments about only lifting for looks??? That was bizarre.
Old 12-11-2010, 04:57 AM   #10
Jeffrey Crawford

Profile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Meverden View Post
You might want to check the Jay herion fight, Matt hughes 2 and 3,Serra 2 or the Sean Sherk fight, not to mention the Jon fitch fight was really exciting as well. You guys crack me up complaning about this guy not finishing people, he is fighting the best of the best over and over agian, not scrubs.